Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Stuck on 99% for the last few minutes..905.12/907.62MB...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

F1ngers wrote: »
    Stuck on 99% for the last few minutes..905.12/907.62MB...:(

Serves you right for gloating :D

If its anything like the first beta you can quit out and start again and it will load up the 905mb of info then get the remaining amount.

But that doesn't mean it will happen like that this time in case it doesnt and you track me down :D.

If its anything like the first beta you can quit out and start again and it will load up the 905mb of info then get the remaining amount.

Went to xtravision, came back...no change.
    Restarted and downloaded to 100%, now it's "installing data"...:rolleyes:

Ah well, football now, MAG later. :D

Getting faster now maybe since 7 is closing time the servers have been freed up a bit. Up to 50% now might make 11 :D

The "Boardsroughnecks" clan is still in effect for Raven.

What do people think of picking a Faction a day (or for a 3 day period or week what ever people like) and everyone from boards playing in that faction on that day, at least that way we can try them all out and still get some game time together? and try to level up at similar pace. Rather than everyone doing separate factions all the time. You can make 3 different characters so it shouldn't be a big deal to organise a few of us for 5/6 or11 each night for an hour.

I know i enjoyed it so much more when playing with the old boards clan before everyone drifted away.

My PSNID is : Bubs78 anyway if anyone doesn't have it and wants to get a game going.

Went to xtravision, came back...no change.
    Restarted and downloaded to 100%, now it's "installing data"...:rolleyes:

Ah well, football now, MAG later. :D

Oh yea everton are on just as well MAG isnt playable !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

70%...

Good thing I have Young Boys with Spurs on the t.v.

;)

Grayditch wrote: »
    70%...

Good thing I have Young Boys with Spurs on the t.v.

;)

Watching young boys now is it ??? :D

Dont do this to me im at 907.12/907.62 and its stopped been like that for the 1/2 hour ive tried restarting it twice but no joy :mad:

Dont do this to me im at 907.12/907.62 and its stopped been like that for the 1/2 hour ive tried restarting it twice but no joy :mad:

Happened to me too, but finished after 2 restarts.
    Finished the training part too.
    Trying to get on now, the server appears not to be online yet.:(

EDIT: Of course the server is not on yet, 11pm GMT is midnight...D'oh

installing data :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Same.

Slow, but not as bad as the DL ;)

I only hit lvl 60 with Raven the other day so apparently my dude will only be at about Level 50 as a lot of people have reported their character from a week to 2 weeks ago were carried over, including people coming out on the wrong factions.

I cant get in i pass the licence agreement bit and then i get to the news and character selection bit but i cant see anything and cant go forward or back it is just stuck on the screen.

SO.... apparently they meant 12 o'clock. Now even after 12 they have just said that it's going to be delayed, but they're working on it. It'll still run for 4 hours. I'm ****ing knackered.

Grumpy, you get that screen until it goes Live.

Just seen that thread in the forums to think i started a fight so she would go to bed with out me and i could stay up playing MAG, got to deal with that tomor and i got no game time at all for my troubles ;)

There's always regular MAG. I just bashed SVER there, felt good :)

A lot of running around in that escalation, for not a lot of gain.
    Will stick with regular MAG.
    I'll try it again in a few days, but waste of time downloading it I think.

I like the new graphics and I enjoyed Escalation despite not really knowing what was going on, I had a lot of dudes to kill, so that was fun.

I like the store, where I can have the weapons I want without buying skills I don't. Not a fan of the skill tree itself yet. Maybe that's because it only gave me my character at LVL 37.

Yea the splitting of the skills and weapons is a great idea, it looks a small bit better not much. The Escalation i need to figure out what to do no one had a clue. I think you have to take two points and hold them, we won but im not sure how. It was quite late when i got on so only levelled my SVER guy up to 5 and hit the bed at 2.

Will give it a good bash tomor or if i can get on tonight but as before it will come down to us getting a team together as i was on a french team last night where their english was a good as my french made it difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

What do people think of picking a Faction a day (or for a 3 day period or week what ever people like) and everyone from boards playing in that faction on that day, at least that way we can try them all out and still get some game time together? and try to level up at similar pace. Rather than everyone doing separate factions all the time. You can make 3 different characters so it shouldn't be a big deal to organise a few of us for 5/6 or11 each night for an hour.
    I think this is a great idea, I'd be up for doing it anyways. Much prefer playing with Boardsies etc instead of randoms. My download got stuck at 99% though last night so I just turned it off. At least it downloaded fairly quickly up to that point, I had heard the Americans had a much harder time.

As for our characters being carried over at a lower level, at the moment they'recopied over at where your character was at before the last patch or so, but apparently they'll be updating the character carried over so that it'll be the right level.

As for the full game, I'm nearly level 60 with Raven so I shall be going Valor next. Eww Valor... :pac:

I've heard nothing but bad things about Valor when it comes to communication, but that might be just here say.

I've settled into a good clan who play nightly, I just hope the new MAG doesn't let people do what they do with knives and speed in the Beta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

I'd be on for that too, sounds like a great idea. Is the boards roughnecks clan available in the Beta does anyone know? Who is the head honcho that we can send a request messages to?

Recently completed all three factions and took a while to decide who I'd go back to. Chose Valor in the end because overall I think I got the most enjoyment while playing with them. It might be due to the clan I joined as the biggest factor certainly seems to be your team mates.

cdb wrote: »
    I'd be on for that too, sounds like a great idea. Is the boards roughnecks clan available in the Beta does anyone know? Who is the head honcho that we can send a request messages to?

Ill check it tomor i set it up but other can invite too. We will work out a roster tomor of days and factions and if you are online jump in and if you miss a day its no biggy even if we have 2 or 3 playing its better than being on your own with american's or the french!

Ok guys how does this sound? if you have carried over a character then keep him in that faction and start a new character for the other two factions. That way we will have a sprinkling of levelled up characters in each faction.

If we start new characters then they will be around the same level which will be good too.

The Beta is only open Monday to Friday to 2 sessions but we have 3 factions so it wont divide into the 5 day evenly. so we will need to keep updating the list of factions/days. Will we start with Valour tonight then take it from there. A set up like this might work unless people want to do 2 or 3 days in a row on one faction ?

I set up a Valour clan as well "Nuke'emfromspace"

Friday : Valour
    Monday : Raven
    Tuesday : SVER
    Wens: Valour
    Thursday : Raven
    Friday : SVER

Monday : Valour
    Tuesday : Raven
    Wens : SVER
    Thursday : Valour
    Friday : Raven.

Edit: My god valour are useless no one does anything it was really annoying

A lot of running around in that escalation, for not a lot of gain.
    Will stick with regular MAG.
    I'll try it again in a few days, but waste of time downloading it I think.

You can do other game types too, Aquasistion and domination unlock at different times its not always escalation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

One feature most MAG players have wanted since the game's release in January was multiple character slots. Come August 31st, though, you can do just that at the cost of .99 cents(American) per slot, and per month!.
    This is slightly old news but i didn't see it with a quick glance.
    We’re happy to report that our MAG Beta is quite a success in its early days of existence and we’re even happier to announce that we’re already bringing one of its most useful features to the retail game.

Starting next week on August 31, we’re giving players the option to create and maintain multiple characters in the MAG universe! Though players are limited to one character at a time in our current setup, our new multi-character option gives you up to two additional slots to house your alter egos. This means that, for the first time ever, you’ll have the ability to float characters on Raven, SVER and Valor at the same time and never have to worry about leaving one team to try another. Of course, you can always choose to use all three slots for characters from the same PMC if you want, but that’s entirely up to you!

So how do you get these extra slots to work? It’s easy – From August 31 forward, two additional slots will appear on the character log-in screen with links to the PlayStation Store. For $0.99 (US) per additional slot, you can click the space of your choice and unlock the extra character. Your new subscription will last for 30 days from the day you purchased it, giving you a full month to try out your extra warrior. And don’t worry if you don’t renew one month, and decide to come back later – even if you don’t use your additional characters from month to month, he is never actually deleted – just asleep until you come back to claim him again in a future subscription.

Note: Though the two additional character slots will appear in North America on August 31, the characters themselves may not be immediately available for purchase until later in the day following the normal PlayStation Store update.

We hope you enjoy the added freedom that our extra character slots potentially provide and look forward to fighting with and against you once again!

You can do other game types too, Aquasistion and domination unlock at different times its not always escalation.

In fairness though, why play domination or acquisition on the beta, when you can get 4x exp.(for an hour) by playing normal MAG.

Escalation should be open for the 4 hours of the beta.

In fairness though, why play domination or acquisition on the beta, when you can get 4x exp.(for an hour) by playing normal MAG.

Escalation should be open for the 4 hours of the beta.

To test out the new factions and maps and load outs etc.

Yeah, Beta Domination looks and feels different, so it's interesting for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Another new update to MAG and it sounds good. MAG 2.0:
    Everyone here at Zipper Interactive is extremely proud to announce that our next downloadable MAG update, MAG 2.0, is not only our biggest and most important patch yet, but also one that’s less than a month away!

That’s right! All the feedback and suggestions you’ve made from countless hours spent playing our new MAG Beta program will pay off in the retail version of MAG in a very big way. We’re calling it “MAG 2.0″ for a reason and it’s because of the sheer number of fantastic new additions, including:
    • PlayStation Move support
    • An increased level cap that goes to level 70
    • A revamped Skill Tree that allows for the deepest character customization and specialization ever found in a first-person shooter
    • A brand-new in-game economy that lets you earn credits to spend on weapons and items from the also-new “Supply Depot”
    • Our useful “Clan Deploy” feature that enables clan leaders and officers to queue up to 128 of their fellow clan members into a single game
    • A “MAG News” page that brings players up to date on all the latest happenings the moment they log in
    • A multitude of updates that refine existing weapons, maps, and vehicles
    • Important bug fixes and other enhancements that streamline the overall experience

We’ll have specifics as to what else is in the MAG 2.0 patch as we near its release. Oh, and before we go, don’t forget to keep an eye out for additional news in the near future regarding our next DLC pack, which includes our upcoming Escalation game-type and nine all-new weapons.

We hope that you’re just as excited to get your hands on MAG 2.0 as we are to give it to you, and we’ll see you again real soon!

http://blog.mag.com/blog/2010/09/mag-2-0-coming-soon/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

From Video Games Plus :

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/2010/09/mag-ps3-price-drop.html
    Sony has announced MAG - PS3 (In stock usually ships within 24hrs) will be dropping to $29.99 on Wednesday Sept 29, 2010 and becoming a Greatest Hits title. We ask, why wait? We've dropped the non Greatest Hit version to $29.99 effective immediately. Also, Sony will be making MAG move compatible with a free downloaded patch. Look for more price drops soon as we continue to lower our prices.

29.99 CAD = 21.4525 EUR

Not sure about the shipping cost. :D

Advertisement