Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's about that price second hand in HMV, but I understand if people don't want sticky boxes and ketchup stains on their manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's about that price second hand in HMV, but I understand if people don't want sticky boxes and ketchup stains on their manual.
    If I can buy something new or used for the same price, its a no brainer!

I just mean it's been like that for a while. I hope this brings more players in. Going to get back into it this week.

I can't find the other thread at all, merge away if you do, mods.

So we're on V2.1 at this stage and I have to say, this game getters better with age. I spend the last 2 days playing Black Ops and it's awfulness just made me love MAG more. I love how much stuff has been overhauled, it's impressive that a developer would do this.

Did anyone try the last DLC, Escalation? Great new maps and weapons. I hope this game is kept alive by the current fan base, at least until a possible MAG 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmmm, haven't played it in a while, might download the updates soon and give it a shot again! Loved it when it was first released.

• Advertisement

I'm renting another character slot. I know it's a bit much, but I've fallen in love with this game again. The new system is just so much better. You can own all of the equipment you like, but the skill points determine how effectively it works.

It would probably be a nightmare to get into this game for the first time now, though. The learning curve did just get a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yea i think its time i got back into this game every time i put it on i am amazed i ever stopped playing it.

I still haven't delved into the whole Platoon leader side of things. I wish there was training or something, I'd have no idea about using the mortars etc.

The new assault rifles with thew DLC are amazing. 45 bullets. Handles like a catherine wheel on a stick, but it can take down a room if you get a nice head line spray, hehe.

Tried playing with the Move this morning, gave up after half an hour of fiddling around with the sensitivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

is this a few GB's to download lads ?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    is this a few GB's to download lads ?

Dunno when the last time i updated it was, but this time around it was 150mb title update followed by a 650mb ingame download.

Tried playing with the Move this morning, gave up after half an hour of fiddling around with the sensitivity.

I tried it once and it was very difficult to get to grips with, Gothpunk did post the settings in the old MAG thread but i cant find it. I never got to try them but they are meant to be the best settings for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Bumpity bump and moving to Games forum so that all threads can be merged.

Cheers for that, I thought it was already in Games, hidden somewhere.

I saw this in the PSN store today for 29.99. Super idea, but as I said, it's not n00b friendly at all. The MAG forum has a few threads dedicated to making things easier when first starting, I suppose.

The update alone for 2.1 is over a gig if it's been a while since you've done it, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Grayditch wrote: »
    Cheers for that, I thought it was already in Games, hidden somewhere.

I saw this in the PSN store today for 29.99. Super idea, but as I said, it's not n00b friendly at all. The MAG forum has a few threads dedicated to making things easier when first starting, I suppose.

The update alone for 2.1 is over a gig if it's been a while since you've done it, I think.

Yeah I seen it there 30 quid aint bad... Especially since say 5 friends could create account and game share it which would be 6euro per person like... Not sure if that works with this game though...

I got the game again back when Black Ops was released and holy cow I suck ass at it like...I use to get like 600-700 points a match now I strugle to get 200 :(... Very hard game to play now I find...

When I went back to MAG, I was getting destroyed too. It seems it's only the good players left, but I stuck back with it.

With the new Multiqueue bonus stacked with happy hour, it can be points city, which is a decent incentive, between games where you're getting smashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Bought this yesterday and got it set up today. Finding the control scheme a bit awkward but there's a lot of fun to be had with this

Yeah, the controls really are half the battle. I always set up my loadouts with the medkit first and grenades second so it's a double tap to take them out.

The more you put into MAG the more you get out of it. It's ridiculously frustrating early on, though.

I'd suggest being a medic/repair guy to get some points and take the pressure off. You get a good idea of the maps then. Get up to level 8 or so and play Dominion. It's great.

Heads up for anyone tempted to pick it up or looking to re-buy its 18euro in the Game sale at the moment.

Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This game is absolutely awesome. I was a bit of a lone wolf at the start and didn't really understand the benefits or reasons to stick with your squad but I'm now loving the game. Happy Hour and Multi-Queue has helped me level up quickly so I'm able to play Dominion. I have to say that the last few minutes of a Dominion game can be nail biting stuff as you desperately try and hold off the attackers.

I haven't had a problem with finding games but I do see a lot of the same names so I'm wondering is the community waining a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭RedRebel

Any Raven clans recruiting? Been playing last two weeks, up to level 23 and loving the game so far but think I need to join a clan to get the most out of the game at this stage.

RedRebelCork is gamer tag btw

That looks to be the greatest typo in history.

Best bet is to chat away to guys in other clans and see if there's an invite in the bottom left of the screen after the game.

Thanks grayditch, joined a couple clans that way already but they seemed a bit hodge-podge. Not sure if that was due to timezone issues but would like a clan that actively play together, preferably Irish. I take it getting a headset is a must?

Yeah, you really have to have one for being in a clan anyway. I was with a very busy Clan in Raven until recently until people left to join other PMCs including me. I joined SVER again. I still have a Raven account. I dont think I'll ever have a Valor one, haha.

Also Black Ops came out and ruined number even more.

Well, I've leveled up a lot and have got to grips with the game now. Takes some doing but well worth it once you begin to realise what is going on around you and how to win the battles.

I've applied to join Deadly Blue Dots clan of Raven. Supposedly pretty good by all accounts so we shall see.

Gamer tag: RedRebelCork if anyone on raven wants a game.

RedRebel wrote: »
    Well, I've leveled up a lot and have got to grips with the game now. Takes some doing but well worth it once you begin to realise what is going on around you and how to win the battles.

I've applied to join Deadly Blue Dots clan of Raven. Supposedly pretty good by all accounts so we shall see.

Gamer tag: RedRebelCork if anyone on raven wants a game.

I had a game the other night it has gotten a lot better, im still Raven so add me i might be on some nights PSN Bubs78

Multiqueing is a great idea you can now set it to join all 5 games types (or less) and which ever one is ready first.

The new skill tree and weapons is a lot better too, although i had to re do all my loadouts as it reset them all. I still find it very difficult to get it just right.

At release date i did a review a month later i did an update think its time for a MAG 12 months later article.

• Advertisement

It might have been mentioned before but MAG is now free for PLUS subscribers in the U.S. It has a level cap of 8 before you have to purchase, but I can see it bringing in a lot more players.

Advertisement