Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Star Bingo wrote: »
    haha.. i spent about 12hr downloading only to delete after 4min

Massive Action Game really is bad as the title suggests.

Ah you should give it a chance. I just had a great game there a while ago. Defending the last objective while theres tons of enemies parachuting in is a good kind of mayhem.

It much more fun when theres a medic to revive you so you don't have to respawn miles from the action. Cheers to GothPunk who brought me back to life about 10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

L31mr0d wrote: »
    lol... I had the same problem, crouching over people trying to use my medkit on them and nothing happening. Healed myself while squatting over someone, they probably thought I was rubbing it in, lol.

You select your grenades with L2 then throw them the same way you fire (with R1)

Haha rubbing it in...good one
    Thanks, now finally i can blow my own teammates up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I'm not a fan of this game .As BETA's and release date anticipation goes .... Its aint got a patch on BFBC2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Oh Penny Arcade, you always seem to make my day..

758239966_phfCE-L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

That cartoon is good :D

• Advertisement

haha.. i spent about 12hr downloading only to delete after 4min

Massive Action Game really is bad as the title suggests.

I dont know what to do with that

It would be like paying into the cinema and leaving after the 20th century fox logo comes up saying its a crap film.

My main gripes are with the aiming and how exposed shooting leaves you.

I've had 4 different X's flash on my screen indicating hits on a target and they've gotten away, or i've unloaded a full clip and not even hit them once, it just feels so sloppy.

You don't even get an assist if they manage to heal in cover, and then from shooting your exposed on the map to people who wouldn't av seen you otherwise :mad:

If they at least changed one of those two things it would be fine, i could handle the shoddy aiming if my location wasnt revealed, and i'm not talking about the dot on the radar i mean how a nice,easy to see marker places over your head to accompany the radar blip, so even if you got the kill, any enemies near by know exactly where you are.

I've always hated games with overhead markers and radar blips, that's what i loved about SOCOM, you had to use your eyes to see them, and even COD has this spot on, all they lowered to were blips which can be taken away with perks.

Also need to improve the friendlies markers, they don't show up a lot, when your close up etc.... so many team kills happen, you'd think they'd do away with friendly fire at any rate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I dont know what to do with that

Was reading an interesting article there the other day which I think is relevant, which is slightly offtopic... actually I'm going to start a new thread on it

*opens new tab*
    *creates thread*

Here it is:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63877098

i mean how a nice,easy to see marker places over your head to accompany the radar blip, so even if you got the kill, any enemies near by know exactly where you are.

Yeah it is rather rubbish that that is in the game. I mean you go to your loadout menu and there are all types of camo, which are pretty much useless as the enemy can just highlight you with his reticule and a red triangle appears over your head.

It should be based more on muzzle flashes and enemy fire sound echos on your HUD map that give only an approximate location.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

God damn snipers is all I can say, get me every time...I love the game though and is a definite purchase...Level 32 now, going to p1ss me off going back over it again when the full game out....Or will I still be level 32?

That cartoon is classic :D

• Advertisement

My main gripes are with the aiming and how exposed shooting leaves you.

I've had 4 different X's flash on my screen indicating hits on a target and they've gotten away, or i've unloaded a full clip and not even hit them once, it just feels so sloppy.

You don't even get an assist if they manage to heal in cover, and then from shooting your exposed on the map to people who wouldn't av seen you otherwise :mad:

If they at least changed one of those two things it would be fine, i could handle the shoddy aiming if my location wasnt revealed, and i'm not talking about the dot on the radar i mean how a nice,easy to see marker places over your head to accompany the radar blip, so even if you got the kill, any enemies near by know exactly where you are.

I've always hated games with overhead markers and radar blips, that's what i loved about SOCOM, you had to use your eyes to see them, and even COD has this spot on, all they lowered to were blips which can be taken away with perks.

Also need to improve the friendlies markers, they don't show up a lot, when your close up etc.... so many team kills happen, you'd think they'd do away with friendly fire at any rate

The aiming was off for me too untill i spent my skill points on sights and grips for the guns. The heavy gun in paticular when you look down the barrel normally thats not actually where the bullets end up. you need to aim a bit lower. Using different guns from different ranges will also affect your power no point aiming at guy in te distance with the assault rifle.

I wonder if there are perks to hide your location from the radars i must have a look again.

Lots annoyed me at the start but the more you play the better you understand it. Using cover is very important getting the high ground as well.

Rev Kitchen, your ideas intrigue me and i wish to subscribe to your weekly newsletter !

Gothpunk owned me a few times today, then again ive been up since 3am, which is my excuse !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

must say i envy you lads gettn a kick outta what i experienced for just 4 min earlier.. the illustration above is not an exaggeration nor something which i'd be willing to get used to, can't believe this MAG is in any manner being anticipated, talked up or even previewed. blimmin gun don't even have proper animation when switching to crossheir view just buy Budget Battlefield (1943) offa the PSN even that's better than this, n wait for the real deal. ignore.. will leave you's to it ;-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

must say i envy you lads gettn a kick outta what i experienced for just 4 min earlier.. the illustration above is not an exaggeration nor something which i'd be willing to get used to, can't believe this MAG is in any manner being anticipated, talked up or even previewed. blimmin gun don't even have proper animation when switching to crossheir view just buy Budget Battlefield (1943) offa the PSN even that's better than this, n wait for the real deal. ignore.. will leave you's to it ;-

I'm not the biggest fan, but I came to that conclusion after an hour of playing - not four minutes. Here's a fact:

You can't judge a game on four minutes of playing it.

Bono Vox wrote: »

not like i didn't play it. tried to take a fortress but probably should have seeked out a peg instead, such a stinker is mag. soon as i shot that gun>got shot>respawned.. was then i knew it sucks.. and that may be all i need to know.

Bono Vox wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest fan, but I came to that conclusion after an hour of playing - not four minutes. Here's a fact:

+1 , 4mins is a bit short to decide, but as I mentioned previously , I won't be purchasing .
    I can't see were all the raving is coming from? The only 1 thing it has going for it is the 32v32 , apart from that it didn't even get to wipe BFBC2 betas ass !

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

how do i heal a team mate? I have the first aid kit and the medical kit but when i aim at someone and press R1 nothing happens. I can self heal allright but not help anyone else !!
    Is there any level that i have to achieve before being able to revive others, am currently at level 3.

I believe you need to up your level to "ressusitation" as well. (Spelling?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

jmx009 wrote: »
    how do i heal a team mate? I have the first aid kit and the medical kit but when i aim at someone and press R1 nothing happens. I can self heal allright but not help anyone else !!
    Is there any level that i have to achieve before being able to revive others, am currently at level 3.

Only thing I can see is maybe you didnt change your armoury? It should work though ''ressucitation'' is only for getting people up when downed, I advise everyone getting it first as it gets you 10 xp for each revive and then healing people would get you around 10 aswell depending on how much health they have left.

Anyone know the price of this in shops? It is £35 on www.game.co.uk which would probably mean it will be 45euro here?

not like i didn't play it. tried to take a fortress but probably should have seeked out a peg instead, such a stinker is mag. soon as i shot that gun>got shot>respawned.. was then i knew it sucks.. and that may be all i need to know.

This is a Beta version as well so its not the finished product.
    So when you were giving out about the reloading earlier this will probably be all fixed.
    Best wait for the Demo to come out and then you will defo know.

Ed

• Advertisement

Lets see you joined a online multiplayer shooter and surprisingly got shot thats why you dont like it ??? :rolleyes:

I would recomend not getting COD or battlefield either as you can get shot in them too.

mixednuts wrote: »
    +1 , 4mins is a bit short to decide, but as I mentioned previously , I won't be purchasing .
    I can't see were all the raving is coming from? The only 1 thing it has going for it is the 32v32 , apart from that it didn't even get to wipe BFBC2 betas ass !

its 128v128 ! But there is far more to the game than just a numbers excersize.

But still some people will like it some wont. After playing it for a few months ill be snapping this up on release. I find it more challenging than COD or battlefield. But i enjoy those games also i just like a change once in a while whats the point in every game being a COD clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

For anyone who is trying out the game for the first time, a few pointers so that you don't quit game and delete.

If you get into a game with no squad leader/a squad leader who doesn't care, your not gonna feel the true greatness you get from having a good squad leader, you get more immersed in the game and thus have more fun.

Also if you don't have a good platoon leader the odds are your squad is gonna spend the game running around like a bunch of headless chickens.

One of the biggest problems i find is people not having mics, this is a game where you need to communicate with each other. If your team mates don't have a mic your not gonna get a great game out of it.

I know those parameters are pretty strict, but if you can manage to somehow fit them all, you'll have a blast :pac:

PS. If you don't have a mic please don't apply for squad leader or platoon leader >_>

Lets see you joined a online multiplayer shooter and surprisingly got shot thats why you dont like it ??? :rolleyes:

I would recomend not getting COD or battlefield either as you can get shot in them too.

not just getting shot, the respawn - as illustrated. i wanted to stay dead ;p i remember when the FPS genre exploded onto the scene after doom/wolfenstein they were ten a penny on the PS1 in particular.. good or bad they barely got any attention upon release there were that many. that this is looked forward at all shows what a recession in the genre there must be. a demo is an example deemed fit of the final release.. brave move here but it will cripple sales i should've judged this thing by the cover. far as i'm concerned i gave it a lot more than 4min.. how about an entire day of d/l

be surprised if 256 peeps even show up online. verging on trolling by now

http://www.ps3vault.com/mag-massively-awful-game-7856

THIS is a Massive Action Game .

Just look at the difference .

/thread .

That is a cool video, crazy stuff going on, i wouldnt last 2 seconds id say.
    I have that Beta as well.
    I find myself playing MAG a bit more lately though. No offense MixedNuts

I agree with the comments about no communication being a big problem.
    I have a headset but im not using it until i get a bit better.
    I listen to the squad leader alright and if the squad leader is quiet the team NEVER does well, Fact !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

it may be a beta but its still pants. there is too much broken for them to fix on time for release. its a bad mix of enemy territory, flashpoint and battlefield i find

Weepsie wrote: »
    it may be a beta but its still pants. there is too much broken for them to fix on time for release. its a bad mix of enemy territory, flashpoint and battlefield i find

I know Star Bingo doesnt like it and ive read his opinions.
    Whats your opinion on whats broken ?

Weepsie wrote: »

Whats broken ? i ve found very little wrong with the game. graphics are good, animation is good, weapons are good, map layout is very good, different game types are brilliant.

Most of the negative comments ive read come from people just not being able to play the game as they expect every FPS to be COD now. This is a different type of game. It cant be faulted because some people just dont get it.

• Advertisement

Problem with MAG is not the game, it's the people. It's the same with L4D(2), most of the haters never played it with a good group of 3 other people. If you play it SP or with pubbies it's going to ruin the experience.

Played MAG till about 5am yesterday and am up to about lvl 19 I think. I really like it still. After lvl 10 you get into the 128 vs 128 matches and you get to see the true scale of the game.

Anyone who hasn't played it past lvl 10 hasn't even seen what this game is all about. The 64 vs 64 mode is the tutorial, it feels like a DM arena in comparison to the 256 player modes.

That being said, in the 13 or so hours I've played it I've only really had a handful of good matches, and even then only 4 other guys in my squad had mics and there was still n00bs shooting into the air (or your back :mad:) at the spawn trying to work out the controls.

This game will be truly epic with 8 veteran squads, working together, to take and hold points and when everyone has mics.

I've specialized as a medic and tailored my stats for speed and endurance rather than armour and it suits me down to the ground, I've no wish to be the grunt on the frontline eating bullets. So I sit back, provide backup with my assault rifle and keep an eye on my HUD for friendlies if they go down, then lay down some smoke and run out under a hail of bullets to revive them.

What I like is that you are rewarded equally (if not more so) for helping your team, than by killing the enemy. With objective and leader proximity bonuses it really gives a lot of incentive to work together as a team.

Advertisement