Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Same, last FPS i played was Medal of Honour on PSOne!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

We did a MAG launch page that will explain loads of stuff along with vids etc :)

Raven is a faction that you play as, there is 3 of them like classes in WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

RAIN wrote: »
    We did a MAG launch page that will explain loads of stuff along with vids etc :)

Raven is a faction that you play as, there is 3 of them like classes in WOW.
    Cheers, Will read that later. To be honest I didn't buy it because I'm a mad FPS fan, I just like the idea of 256 players :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'll add you there now, just about to sign on and play for a bit. Going to take a bit of a learning curve for me, getting used to the PS3 for FPS again. I apologise in advance to everyone for being terrible!

Yeah, that's my biggest concern - playing an FPS on the awful Dualshock. The damn sticks are just too loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'll add you there now, just about to sign on and play for a bit. Going to take a bit of a learning curve for me, getting used to the PS3 for FPS again. I apologise in advance to everyone for being terrible!

Ah none of us are any good really we just talk the big talk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Just stay behind me :) I'm unreal!! :p

Found this review not sure if anyone has seen this (reviewwithextreamepregudice) before, hilarious he reviews games he hasnt even played. About MAG. Mag offers 256 players on line so now you can be called a homo noob by 107 or 108 people in one sitting. Its a PS3 exclusive so if you wnat to be called a homo noob on xbox you will need to play 16 games of Halo.!

Batman one is very good aswell. To save costs this game was made with all the lights turned off.

Assasins creed 2 : featuring missions from the first game like fans favourite the eves drop where you sit on a bench and listen to people talking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just got the collectors edition, 50 in GS. Dling updates now, should be on soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is it freezing up for anyone else? Happened twice now it won't let me respawn, the counter just keeps going back up to 19 and I have to quit the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

EGriff wrote: »
    Is it freezing up for anyone else? Happened twice now it won't let me respawn, the counter just keeps going back up to 19 and I have to quit the whole game.

I think the counter resets when you go to change loadout, could that be it??

• Advertisement

Happened a few times tome too. Wont let me do anything have to quit it and restart the game. Only started happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Just got mag today..

psn BAZ171075

feel free to add me to your friends list..

So what do people recommend for upgrades? I have the reflex sight for the assault rifle and the resuscitation kit. Anyone got the second level assault rifle yet?

Edit: wtf? now i keep dying but not falling down, have zero health, can't heal, can shoot but not kill anyone and throw unlimited grenades that don't explode. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

First few games i loved, after 2 hours........ im starting to wonder.....hmmmmmmmm.

I'm getting disconnected from every second game, getting very annoying.

Me too. Servers seem very unstable.

Same here. Either that or it won't let me respawn and i have to quit. Domination seems to be completely broken, i can get into a game but after i die once i just run around like a ghost with zero health and invisible to everyone else. Only heard 2 people talking and that was 1 american and a spanish guy. No1 could hear me.

You'd think after such a long beta the thing would work a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

man. servers must be heaving.. don't say it wasn't totally unexpected. quite a dedication to do a MMO/FPS game.. they better be dedicated to dedicating dedicated servers!!

Anyone else having mic problems? It's connected and synced, but doesn't seem to be working in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

So what do people recommend for upgrades? I have the reflex sight for the assault rifle and the resuscitation kit. Anyone got the second level assault rifle yet?

I got one just there. Its not that much different, just a bit better on the rate of fire and accuracy. Damage is the same. Im hoping to get the better sight eventually cos I dislike reflex sights quite a lot.

I, like most of the above am losing my connection a bit too. I had half a game on domination before I was able to run around as a ghost man. Then I was signed out of the PSN altogether a few times as well.

They are apparently going to be doing a lot of maintenance on the servers seeing as it says Mon-Fri from 10am-12pm the servers will be down.

On the upside I didn't experience much lag:)

Had a great couple of games with a few of ye tonight, hope I get better at it soon so as to not shame ye:p

• Advertisement

Up to level seven now, really enjoying it. The only downer is being grouped with French/German people so often, nothing against them, it just makes teamwork and communication impossible.

Nobody else hate the aiming on this??..... i'm not liking it at all, few games i've had would be say 15 kills 14 deaths, when if the thing worked right i'd be getting 3/4/5 streaks. As soon as you shoot and miss everyone knows where you are to make it worse

I was stuck in ghost mode for about 10 minutes in the last game. Really annoying.

Had to quit the next game too it was driving me mad, stuck on the respawn screen with the timer counting down over and over.

Nobody else hate the aiming on this??..... i'm not liking it at all, few games i've had would be say 15 kills 14 deaths, when if the thing worked right i'd be getting 3/4/5 streaks. As soon as you shoot and miss everyone knows where you are to make it worse

Did you buy a sight and a grip for the gun ? Cuts that down by a good 80-90%

I use the heavy machine gun with a sight and a grip, holds something like 100bullets so cuts down on the reloading too. Full heavy armour too so you can take a shot or two. Get into cover crouch peek out aim shoot someone back into cover if you have been spotted move for different cover.

I do spend a lot of time repairing and healing people but im up to about 20+ kills maybe 6 or 7 deaths in a good game and im not great at it.

Just got disconnected from a game with 20 seconds to go, i had 700 points. Missed out on my like 200-300 point bonus because of that, this is getting very very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I've been googling an issue I'm having with the bonus armour you're supposed to get with the collector's edition. The dynamic themes downloaded okay, but no sign of the 800cc armour. Anyone with the collectors edition manage to get the bonus armour? I've found lot's of people with this issue so hopefully it gets sorted next week.
    There's very little auto-aim if that's what you mean, I prefer it that way. Makes it more skill based.
    Just got disconnected from a game with 20 seconds to go, i had 700 points. Missed out on my like 200-300 point bonus because of that, this is getting very very annoying.
    I have yet to be disconnected from a game or have any connection issues, although I have seen what must have been other people having connection issues (stuck in one place or spazzing out). I'd be raging if I lost that much XP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GothPunk wrote: »
    I have yet to be disconnected from a game or have any connection issues, although I have seen what must have been other people having connection issues (stuck in one place or spazzing out). I'd be raging if I lost that much XP!

Same here, no issues on my end but I've certainly seen others with issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I've been disconnected twice there this evening, but it's down to our crap internet cutting out, not the MAG servers.

I was starting to get frustrated with it there for a few games, and was about to go into full rant mode when I suddenly found myself in a domination game with a competent team and a damn good leader who was constantly communicating with us and always updating our objectives. Even setting up way points for rally-points and the angle he wanted us to approach the objective from. I've got to say, it was exhilarating. Our team working together as a cohesive unit, merging with other units at certain objectives. It just clicked together so damn well, and just made the game special. It was funny too having the OIC chiming in occasionally, berating everyone. Damn it was fun. Of course then I ran out of internets and got disconnected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Do you have UPC internet by any chance? There seems to be intermittent drops on some of their lines atm due to the upgrades.

Advertisement