Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Do you have UPC internet by any chance? There seems to be intermittent drops on some of their lines atm due to the upgrades.

Nah, I'm with Wicklow Broadband, it's not the best and the ports are heavily restricted but it's the only connection i can get out here in the sticks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GothPunk wrote: »
    I've been googling an issue I'm having with the bonus armour you're supposed to get with the collector's edition. The dynamic themes downloaded okay, but no sign of the 800cc armour.

Exact same problem here. Can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Are psn usernames case sensitive? I'm getting different answers from google.

EGriff wrote: »
    Are psn usernames case sensitive? I'm getting different answers from google.

As far as i know they are.

4x optical scope on the assault rifle is a disaster. Re-speced and upgraded the machine gun instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Eh does it take a while to get into the game?

I remember liking it in the beta. Now i cannot stand it, run out of the spawn get sniped, over and over, the graphics are painful to look at, the controls are extremely vague. Im extremely dissapointed, thinking of trading it in, only got it today so may give it a few more games.
    Overall though it just feels so pointless, ill have to see what its like when i get in a functioning squad i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BeansBeans wrote: »

I remember liking it in the beta. Now i cannot stand it, run out of the spawn get sniped, over and over, the graphics are painful to look at, the controls are extremely vague. Im extremely dissapointed, thinking of trading it in, only got it today so may give it a few more games.
    Overall though it just feels so pointless, ill have to see what its like when i get in a functioning squad i suppose.

Have to say I'm the exact opposite. Didn't enjoy the beta that much but the full version I'm more impressed with. I've only managed level 9 because I've had little time to pour more hours into it, but I'm really enjoying it.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've yet to have an unentertaining match, even when my team is being pummeled, I still get a sweet satisfaction... possibly because I enjoy big team games more then smaller ones usually (even in Halo or COD).

The communications between team-mates is more consistent here then in other games but that probably won't last when we're looking back at it in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I read a story about mics being manditory from Feb 10th not sure how correct it is. Would be a good thing for leaders to need a mic but not the normal grunts on the ground really.

Im the same when it comes to large team games, i love BF2 for that reason. Ill give it more time i suppose, it could just be after play BF2 and Bad Company 2 beta as well recently.
    What pisses me off the most though is the ease with which you or others die, every time i die i havent even seen the other guy. I dont remember it being so easy to kill in the beta.

Im the same when it comes to large team games, i love BF2 for that reason. Ill give it more time i suppose, it could just be after play BF2 and Bad Company 2 beta as well recently.
    What pisses me off the most though is the ease with which you or others die, every time i die i havent even seen the other guy. I dont remember it being so easy to kill in the beta.

That's mostly because everyone's stats in the beta were reset so often that nobody had time to unlock many upgrades, however now everyone has one hit sniper rifles and more powerful assault rifles.

• Advertisement

I think the raven guns are too weak. I have the top level LMG now and it still takes a ton of shots to kill someone. Then some SVER guy comes along and kills me with 2 or 3 bullets, even though i'm wearing the heavy armour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ifelse

This worth getting? Bored stiff of MW2 and looking for some sort of shooter to really get into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

got it on tuesday, put in a good 4-5 hours a day til yesterday

wrote my review

will never play the game again for as long as i live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Exact same problem here. Can't find it anywhere.

I am having the same problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Do you have UPC internet by any chance? There seems to be intermittent drops on some of their lines atm due to the upgrades.
    UPC is a pain in the arse at the moment. I cannot connect to any games at the moment. It is pretty annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Luftwaffles

I was in the beta, I found it underwhelming, but I suppose I'll give i tanother chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Helix wrote: »

wrote my review

i was the same with the beta. i just think its painfully boring and it has that same problem as resistance FOM with the guns feeling like they fire pellets.

Yeah some of the guns are kinda like peashooters. I played a bit of the bad company 2 demo on xbox today and the assault rifle in that feels really weighty and theres a proper kick off it when you shoot.

Its growing on me a little bit, will see what Domination is like.

Why is that SVER just seem to roll right over us every time. Playing against Raven in sabotage its fine, no problem. Against SVER the game is over in two minutes, they win you get nothing for your time. I just dont get it.

Im thinking its just Valor now, I have won one game now. Im **** sick of losing, nobody seems to have resuscitation kits or repair kits and its basically hopeless playing acquisition.
    I think ill give Raven a go before i make my mind up, although i hate the way they look.

Would i also be right in say its never actually more than 32 v 32 player and its actually like an instanced MMO? 127 team mates all on a map but all segregated so you never actually interact with more than your platoon?

I'm Raven and it's the same - playing against SVER is just no fun. Really hope Zipper do something to address it because that and the connection problems are a real bummer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Would i also be right in say its never actually more than 32 v 32 player and its actually like an instanced MMO? 127 team mates all on a map but all segregated so you never actually interact with more than your platoon?

Nope that's wrong I think. If you walk far enough you'd come across other people. Just defending on of the last objectives in a Domination game you'll definitely see more than 32 other people!

I'm finding Domination a bit of a chore at the moment. It's just a bit too chaotic at the moment until people get more used to the game I think. Really enjoying Aquisition though and had good fun being squad leader a few times. When you have a good team the game is pretty damn special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Aquisition is the most fun iv had with the game but I always get offence on that map with the big bridge leading stright to the main, gate. It just turns into a slaughterhouse. The maps are only balanced if people talk to each other, its not like normal capture the flag in other games where there are two objectives and everyone knows what to do without speaking to each other.

You can't just run at the objective, first you need to knock the anti-air out so troops can drop in but to do that you have to take out the turrets but before that you need to breach the gate etc etc. If nobody is talkingin the in game lobby I just leave because the game is nothing but a 50 quid coaster unless people talk to each other. When you do get into a good team the game is fantastic and the sense of accomplishment is sensational.

Weapons wise, yeah it feels very like Resistance 2 with better graphics, very floaty and defo not the main draw if your looking for a shooter the heavy guns are way too powerfull and the standard rifle is a piece of crap without the add ons and if you want a guage of how long you will have to play to get your rifle kitted out if say about 12 hrs because you only get like 1 skill point everytime you level up. Its annoying because I really want the motion detector and its 5 skill points!!!!

I'm gna stick with it but at the moment if it wasent for the yanks taking the initiative to lead squads the game would be crap o la.

So stupid because EVERY pirece of preview or review content online or in the print media says the game is no good unless you talk, yet loads of people bought it and dont say a word!! Just run like noooobs into the grinder.

Can someone tell me how you get the resurection ability? I have a medical kit but it rarely does anything

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

BeansBeans

I'm valor PSN name Johnwayne106 you can add me as a friend I have a mike, but to In my exp ya get about 1 game in ten with a good team with mikes and coordination. Sever is weighted but We'v beaten then a good few times.
    I played as valor in the beta and they where the same as valor.
    Just they stick out like a sore thumb all black against the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

RAIN wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how you get the resurection ability? I have a medical kit but it rarely does anything

Where you bought the medical kit, just look at the additional upgrades there, the resuscitation kit is in the next tier up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I'm Raven - the Ubiq - Any Raven heads can add me. I generally try to play as a medic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Guys, if you're having a bad experience with the game, you know what you have to do - join a clan. I'm in Raven NeoGAF clan and I'm having a blast, we can even beat SVER sometimes. :pac: We work together well, lot's of communication, almost everyone has a mic and everyone is respectful and fun to play with.

I do believe there is a Boards clan, I suggest you join it and play with your fellow members to get the best out of the game. It is a Raven clan so you might have to suck it up and join the superior snobby Austrians. :pac:

Another thing you can try is this - form a group from the main menu and set the group invites to open - that way friends of friends can join. You should be able to make up 8 people and then you'll have a full squad of people who should be half decent.

The last game I played yesterday afternoon was with the OH's little brother, one guy from the GAF clan and 5 random guys. I was squad leader. I told them to stick together... and they did it. Didn't even have to tell them not to bleed out - they waited to be healed. We were defending and didn't even loose the point once. It was amazing seeing everyone work together so well. That one game has given me hope that even games with randoms can be good. I think the game is really good at encouraging people to work together, it just might take a while for everyone to catch on.

Disconnections are starting to do my head in. It wouldn't be so bad if you got the exp you earned regardless, but it's a pain in the arse to get a couple of hundred EXP then lose it all because the server's ****e.

You only lose your match bonus if you get disconnected i'm pretty sure. A couple of times i got disconnected but when i quit out and back in I still had the extra skill point from leveling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Helix wrote: »

wrote my review

I must say im very surprised with that. But like SOCOM it really is a marmite game you either love it or hate it. People that come in expecting every game released to be COD dont like it (it does drive me mad when people compare it to COD, if a wanted a game that looked, played and felt like COD then i would play COD, Its because i dont want a game like COD is why i like MAG). People that want a change from the antics of COD love it as it finally offers something new and groundbreaking in a FPS on the PS3. I hoped you would have seen that and to tell the truth im kinda dissapointed you didnt as you usually make a lot of sense.

I know reviews are just opinions pieces when i reviewed MAG it got 96% as i felt it set out to do something different they tried to do something new on an epic scale and they pulled it off brilliantly. Giving PS3 owners a truely ground breaking FPS, something we have never seen before. I fear it may be a concorde momment as market forces do make or break games now adays.

True it has its faults but you need developers to take risks and we as reviewers and gamers need to spot this and reward it other wise we will end up being left with developers like Activision. The most dangerous thing the gaming industry has ever faced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Disconnections are starting to do my head in. It wouldn't be so bad if you got the exp you earned regardless, but it's a pain in the arse to get a couple of hundred EXP then lose it all because the server's ****e.
    What's your connection like to the PSN usually? I only ask as I don't think it's the MAG servers as only a subset of MAG players are having problems. I haven't been disconnected once and I've been playing a lot since Friday. For reference I have a 10Mb D/1Mb U, wireless connection, NAT type 2, UPnP enabled and PSN ports forwarded.

Advertisement