Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do?

• 02-10-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Long story short. Guy i work with always sticking his nose into what im doing. He has no need to and its really beginning to p1ss me off.
    So what should i do. Punch him is winning at the minute but just wondering whats you think i can do to stop him doing this
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Come on to him.

Violence never solves anything.

But it sure as hell makes you feel good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

smoochie06 wrote: »
    Long story short. Guy i work with always sticking his nose into what im doing. He has no need to and its really beginning to p1ss me off.
    So what should i do. Punch him is winning at the minute but just wondering whats you think i can do to stop him doing this

I've heard of these guys....they're called Bosses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Fall down on the floor the next time he passes you, hold your jaw and say he punched you.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Hard Larry wrote: »
    I've heard of these guys....they're called Bosses

Thats the thing he isnt my boss. And by God im praying he never is.

• Advertisement

Write stuff about him on the back of the jacks door.

Or tell him to f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Quick nut-sack jab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Just say to him politely;
    "I'm aware you may be just curious/trying to help,but I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my own work,and would appreciate if you would just let me get on with my job.
    It's what I get paid for after all,and I work better when left to my own devices."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

When he gets too close, sneeze on his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

break his network cable/socket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

What exactly is stopping you from telling him to fuck off and mind his own business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

For heaven`s sake, grow a pair and tell him to fvck right off!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Start a rumour that he actually fancies you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

If someone is really getting on really getting on my wick I find simple questions do the job. With a sterner tone each time.

Are you alright?

Can I help you?

Is there some you need?

Are you sure I can't do something for you?

Your positive I can't help you?

Have your not your own work to doing?

If all the above fails tell him to fu*k off as a last resort

Abigayle wrote: »
    What exactly is stopping you from telling him to fuck off and mind his own business?
    Manners?

Kiera wrote: »
    Manners?

Because being in someones face all the time when they aren't wanted is a great display of being mannerly..

Manners?

:eek:

You said 'come on to him' in your first post

Abigayle wrote: »
    Because being in someones face all the time when they aren't wanted is a great display of being mannerly..
    Thats not what i said. I'm just saying telling someone to fúck off and mind their own isn't very polite. I'm sure there's a better way for him to do that.

:eek:

You said 'come on to him' in your first post
    Yeah, how is that being unmannerly? It more friendly is anything ;)

Yeah, how is that being unmannerly? It more friendly is anything ;)

Feigning affection/lust for someone is socially acceptable now?

• Advertisement

Thats not what i said. I'm just saying telling someone to fúck off and mind their own isn't very polite. I'm sure there's a better way for him to do that.

Oh well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Get him sacked.

Feigning affection/lust for someone is socially acceptable now?
    Its not? :o

Its not? :o

You cheeky mare :)

Personnally I think it would be easier to tell him where to go rather than get involved in mind games with him

but I still think you should write things about the size of his mickey on the back of the jacks door :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Eat garlic, dont wash, take a sh1t in your drawer, clip your toe nails at your desk, drink guinness the night before work and let off squeaky smelly guinness farts all day.

A combination of any or all of these things should get this douchebag off your back.

"do you want something?"
    ice cold tone of voice

should get him away

Archeron wrote: »
    When he gets too close, sneeze on his face.

And then ring in sick with Swine Flu :pac:

It sounds as though the OP has already tried subtle ways for deflecting this person`s unwanted attention already. And some people need a clear and direct message that is not open to interpretation. Even if it is rude!

It sounds as though the OP has already tried subtle ways for deflecting this person`s unwanted attention already. And some people need a clear and direct message that is not open to interpretation. Even if it is rude!

Exactly. I'm polite to people who deserve it. Once or twice is a mistake, but this guy know exactly what hes doing. And because the OP has allowed him to do this he thinks he can butt in whenever he likes.

If you aren't comfortable with confronting this man, then you need to go to your superior and tell him / her that his constant interference is effecting your work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Phoenix93

Don't worry about him. He'll get bored of this. Just fu*k him that;s not matter what he thinks about you !

Phoenix93 wrote: »
    Don't worry about him. He'll get bored of this. Just fu*k him that;s not matter what he thinks about you !

Fvck him!:eek: Don`t do that OP, you`ll never get rid of him then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Simple, you need to kick him in the face. Either that, or just tell him to his face that you find it uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Seduce him, then have unprotected sex with him and get pregnant. Make him move out of his bachelor pad and in with you, and get started on your new life together. Plan your wedding, and then, on the day of the wedding, reveal to him that the child is not in fact his, it's his father's! (You stole a sample of his semen from the jar, obviously.) Then elope with his dad, leaving his family ruined. Dump the dad for the hot poolboy later on that week.

If you're not female, most of the above will probably still work. I'm a little sketchy on the whole "biology" thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Pm me for Chuck Norris' number.

He said he'd sort it.

Advertisement