Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toy soldiers

Options
  • 02-10-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

I am probably wrong here but this forum is the closest one to it. Anyone interested in toy soldiers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Moto Moto

I've bought a few Airfix soldiers over the last while, mostly 1/32 but some 1/72 as well. I'm not a collector, just nostalgic(!), the soldiers I bought were the same ones I would have played with as a kid in the 70's. My 5 year old son has taken a shine to them now and we regularly turn the kitchen table into a battlefield...can't think of a better way to spend quality time with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

try the irish model soilder society
    http://www.imss.moonfruit.com/
    and International plastic model society
    http://www.ipmsireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP, I know its been a few weeks. However if your interested in model soldiers I'd recommend getting in touch with the Irish Model Soldier Society.

I was a member for a long time and had some of my models reviewed in Mili-Mod Mag too :D

Sometimes I'm tempted to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Its one of my earliest memories. Got my tonsils out aged four. Your in a ward with a load of other kids. I was first to come round from anastetic and my Mam is there with a set of toy soldiers. Loved them from that day forward.

My nephew and I have great fun with his sets. Been honest I cant think of a better way to spend a day. Ive got so bad I keep looking up different battle formations and surprising him with them :D

Its now numero uno on his list of things to do, followed my football and beating me up cause he now eats his vegetables:D

Advertisement