Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - ZyXEL p-600 reset now can't connect

Options
  • 02-10-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

in a major problem here - short version have messed up the folks internet.

Using a ZyXEL p-600 series router.
    All laptops were connected fine on an 'open' network using the ZyXEL p-600 router and i was trying to connect mine.

Did a bit of reading around and thought that i could reset the router and all would be ok. After re-settting the router now no one can connect.

Don't have the 'network key'
    Have the MAC Address on the back of the router.
    Tried the 'http://192.168.1.1" and can't get anywhere with that

Seems now to be set up for a WPA key !

I'm gonna be in major trouble if someone can't help me out here - please !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

mpearce wrote: »
    Hi,

in a major problem here - short version have messed up the folks internet.

Using a ZyXEL p-600 series router.
    All laptops were connected fine on an 'open' network using the ZyXEL p-600 router and i was trying to connect mine.

Did a bit of reading around and thought that i could reset the router and all would be ok. After re-settting the router now no one can connect.

Don't have the 'network key'
    Have the MAC Address on the back of the router.
    Tried the 'http://192.168.1.1" and can't get anywhere with that

Seems now to be set up for a WPA key !

I'm gonna be in major trouble if someone can't help me out here - please !!!!

Push the reset button in the back. The network will revert to the original SSID that can be accessed with the default WPA PSK with TKIP password.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mpearce

Hi,

thanks for your response. this problem arose when i reset by 'accident' - didn't realise it would reset the router from open network to one looking for a 'network key'

And i don't have any passwords/network key - is there any default network key to use after reset????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

mpearce wrote: »
    Hi,

thanks for your response. this problem arose when i reset by 'accident' - didn't realise it would reset the router from open network to one looking for a 'network key'

And i don't have any passwords/network key - is there any default network key to use after reset????

Can you get the original wpa key from the person who set up the network? Why did you have a open wireless network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

connect to the router using a cable, log into the router and look at the wep key.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Use the http://192.168.1.1 to access the router settings. You will have to connect by ethernet cable.

This will give you access to the router settings - you may need a password and username - this is usally admin and password or admin and admin.

You should then be able to access the main settings - look for the wireless ones and you will be able to set up a new password for the wireless network.

If you have any problems then you should be able to access the router handbook with this link

http://www.connectplayentertain.co.uk/product_ajax.php?id=1&prod_tab=support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mpearce

Hi,

thanks for the replies - am back to square one (thankfully?)

Have reset the router with the following settings;
    Static WEP
    Broadcasting on Channel 6

One laptop is working grand using an internal
    Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter

However my laptop which is using a
    Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with Speed Booster seems to be connected but i can't access the net at all - am constantly getting a 'Problem loading page' error

Have tried the
    ipconfig /all

for both machines and the details are identical in both apart from the "Description . . . . . . . . . ."
    see below.

I know i got this working before somehow (!) Can't really remember but think it might have something to do with what channel the Linksys can read???

So if anyone can help would be very very grateful - thanks in advance.

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapt
    er with SpeedBooster
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-E3-0E-C5-8C
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 16 October 2009 17:39:19
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 19 October 2009 17:39:19

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭gamby

hi guys,

havin a similar problem to this, i think?

i pressed the reset button on a friends router cause he was havin problems with it...

when i connect by ethernet it brings up a web page that looks for router configuration password user name and password, on bottom of the router is the username and a password but not sure bout therouter configuration password...

any ideas?

Thanks
    gamby

:)

Who is your internet provider?

When you press the reset button it sometimes clears all the settings if you are with Eircom you need these:
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

If you are with anyone else then you will need the username and password they supply all the other settings remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭gamby

there is a username and password on the router.... say they are right...
    its the router configuration password i havin a clue about?

i think the provider is gealic telecom via eircom.... my friend isnt sure??

gamby wrote: »
    there is a username and password on the router.... say they are right...
    its the router configuration password i havin a clue about?

i think the provider is gealic telecom via eircom.... my friend isnt sure??

The router username/password is usually admin/password or sometimes admin/admin. You should be able to download the manual from the manufacturer's site if that doesn't work. It should have full details.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ will tell you who your provider is.

You may have to ring them to get details of your user name and password for the set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement