Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa/pro evo

Options
  • 02-10-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I know theres always loads of these threads.. i havent heard anything bout either new game though. I went with fifa last year after playing both. Any ideas which of the new ones is looking the best???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I nearly bought Fifa 10 on the basis of the great reviews its gettin. Ive always been a PES man since the early days but it seems Fifa has caught up with it. Im very cynical about anything that comes out of EA though. EA games tend to be less a labour of love and more an excerise in lowest common denominator, style over substance affairs. Ill reserve judgement on this FIFA til after Ive played the rented copy I got.

I still have a feeling that PES will come back to trump it this year. Some of the vids of it are amazing. The visuals have really come on. If the gameplay has been improved to the same standard then Ill buy that over FIFA

* Plus Id take the majesty that is the master league over any amount of licensed league and cup competitions in FIFA - Building a team from scratch and winning everything in PES is just epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Rondolfus

There's no way of truly judging until end of the month, but I'm thowing my lot in with Fifa again.

I always bought both games until last year when I dropped PES completely.

Most gamers now only play online. I didn't play one game of Fifa 09 against AI, there's no point anymore. So off-online competitions don't interest me. You can always tell a player who "honed" their tactics against AI, they are usally pretty rubbish

Fifa has always been more styish than pes, but historically (until 08 anyway) pes had better gameplay. Now pes can't even claim that.

With pes the better player will almost certianly win. With fifa the better player USUALLY wins, however, a lot is down to luck, the bounce of a ball, a deflection etc. In my opinion this is far more realistic. (the world number one player in fifa 09 only had a win rate of about 90%). Fifa 10 has reproduced this element of realism, I really don't see how PES can top it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to PES/FIFA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Having bought FIFA 10 and played the PES demo I think I have made my right choice.

I know PES 10 is only a demo and an early code at that. Visually PES 10 looks fantastic. Great player likeness and great graphics but something about the gameplay seems blocky or something compared to FIFA 10. Not near fast enough and faster players always skip past players like they're not even there. Didn't feel challenging enough. Granted it is only a demo and it might be rectified in the final product.

FIFA 10 is great thus far bar a few things:

Player likeness isn't great, graphics aren't great, the Be A Pro feature is extremely annoying when it comes to positional sense, CPU score too easily from free kicks from 30 odd yards out from goal and some player ratings are questionable.

Apart from this it's great gameplay. The set piece editor is a fantastic addition this year and it's a lot quicker this year too. The commentary is unrivalled. The 360 dribbling is good too if a little hard to master at the moment.

I'll rent PES 10 for a week when it comes out so that I can give both games a fair review.

If purchasing FIFA 10 just don't be fooled by magazine or online reviews of the game. It's better than FIFA 09 yes but not by a whole lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I usually get PES. Have being playing the Fifa demo for a while, it's ok. Thought I'd be blown away by the best game ever, but it's just not.
    Haven't got the Pro Evo demo because it's supposed to be muck. But looked at plenty of videos of that and winning 11, but to be honest, it looks like the same game. Dribbling looks pants, keepers look terrible.
    Both games look dodgy, I think you should get Pro Evo 6 on the PS2! Pro Evo has died since the Playstation 3 came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

have played both demo's and Pes 2010 wins again...

graphics and player likeness is quality on pes

gameplay is better also...

just wonder what the online play will be like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

It's funny how far ahead FIFA is at this stage. Konami were the guys producing the games with the best gameplay and all that jazz but now it's EA that's doing that. FIFA 09 was a quality game and instead of doing a total revamp, they just tweaked a few things and introduced the 360 dribbling, which was all that was needed. Of course, a few things still aren't perfect but it's miles ahead of its competitor. PES used to be the same years ago, one or two things changed for each version. But they've got it so wrong.

Advertisement