Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get a copy of "The Road to America" DVD/VHS

• 02-10-2009 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where could I find a copy of "The Road to America" documentary of Ireland's world cup 1994 qualification campaign?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

04072511 wrote: »
    Just wondering where could I find a copy of "The Road to America" documentary of Ireland's world cup 1994 qualification campaign?

Thanks

HMV might be your best bet.

That_Guy wrote: »
    HMV might be your best bet.

Being a very old video I doubt very much they would have it in stock. Cant find it on amazon either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I have it here somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

I'd say it's possibly in my attic somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I have a it. VHS tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Try Chapters or any 2nd hand store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I actually have this.

Watched it just there. What a load of manure.

Had the FAI's fingerprints all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Camera angles were also ****. As a result, it is almost impossible to sample the wonderful campaign that was 1992/1993. They only showed little bits of the Latvia and Albania games from May 1992.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

IS IT OVER!!!(GEORDIE accent)

Have this on VHS, never made it too DVD as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Lads,

Anyone know what the song on that video is? It was played at half time at the match on Saturday if that helps. It's stuck in my head and I need to hear it and bring back some memories.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is this the video with a song along the lines of...

And they all sang Ole, Ole,
    As they all went out on their way,
    They were off to be seen, supporting the green,
    On the shores of the US of A?

Not sure at all man, it could be, I'm not sure of any of the lyrics in it, I just know the tune it's class. If ya have a name of that song (the lyrics you put up there that'd be great), could be it. It's on near the end of the video I think, after McLoughlin scores and our passage to USA 94 is secure, if that helps!

Cake Man wrote: »
    Not sure at all man, it could be, I'm not sure of any of the lyrics in it, I just know the tune it's class. If ya have a name of that song (the lyrics you put up there that'd be great), could be it. It's on near the end of the video I think, after McLoughlin scores and our passage to USA 94 is secure, if that helps!

To Win Just Once by the Saw Doctors?

So nobody has any idea where I could get a copy of this documentary?

04072511 wrote: »
    To Win Just Once by the Saw Doctors?

So nobody has any idea where I could get a copy of this documentary?

That's it, cheers man! Sorry but can't help ya out with the video tho, would love to see it again myself.

Advertisement