Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web space

Options
  • 02-10-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I have a little site that I made. Its got a bit of PHP (feedback form, guestbook ect) A few of my programs/games for download. Id like it to be a ".ie" domain. Can anyone here recomend which company to go with who can regester my domain and a little server space and any ideas on price?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

http://www.blacknight.com/domains.html

25 yoyos here.

Not sure if that's good or bad as I have never had to register a domain name :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

When I was checking options for .ie last year, I decided to buy here on the domain and went with a foreign hosting company - it worked out cheaper. For .ie domains I used Letshost, think they're OK. For external hosting you have to do some DNS tricks but it's up to you if you want it. You just need to be sure your hosting supports technologies you need (PHP, etc.). And keep in mind that domains and hosting are often sold separately, i.e., you have to add to your basket both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I've been using hosting365 for the last few years... they're impersonal but they're resonably priced, their servers are very fast, and they've bascially been very reliable, I think a total of 2 hours of downtime in 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've been using hosting365 for the last few years... they're impersonal but they're resonably priced, their servers are very fast, and they've bascially been very reliable, I think a total of 2 hours of downtime in 3 years.

My experience with them was awful.

OP: Do a search on www.webhostingtalk.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement