Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foster cat-parents

Options
  • 02-10-2009 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

I live together with my fiance and we have to little kitten (male)just about 7 month old. We love them to bits and they are great fun. :)
    There is just one issue: I am German so we are going to visit my family over Christmas and new year and will be gone for about 2weeks. :(
    Now I heard about something like a foster parents thing for animals-which I think is a great idea cos they would still have people to play and cuddle and would not have to adjust so drastically to a cage should we have to bring to a cat hotel.
    Does anyone here know more about this? Maybe has contacts or is interested in it? Also if that doesn't work out, does anyone has a good contact for a "animal hotel"?Or other tipps?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

What your on about is called in-home boarding, theres a few people that do it for dogs but iv never heard about it for cats before.
    If you look for a good cattery (cat hotel) your kitten should get loads of attention there, there are good places and not so good places, not so good places will put your kitten in a cage they'l get well looked after health wise but probably won't get as much attention or space as they'd be used to, good places will put your kitten in a bigger more spacious pen where they'd have more room to run around and sometimes have a cat flap to a outdoor area. Where abouts in the country are you based as somebody might be able to suggest a good place?

Edited to add: Have you any relatives that could look after him while your gone?

Advertisement