Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tractor ..emercency buzzer. electrial advice

• 02-10-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hi guys

i want ur help on putting some sort of device on my potatoe harvester
    ...it is a trailed harvester behind tractor with people working inside it sorting the potatatoes i want something for the people in harvester to press something that sounds a loud horn or buzzer to tell tractor driver to stop ...

it must have two switches/ for both sides of picking table

also how do i get power for it

any help very welcome

bk1991

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

Easy! You have a 7-pin trailer socket on the back of the tractor. Looking straight into your tractor socket the pin for Spare/Fog/Reversing is at 2 o'clock.
    So what you can do is mount a car horn in the cab with +ve feed from the dash to one terminal on the horn. The other terminal -ve is run to the spare/fog/reversing pin.
    On the spud harvester you have a trailer socket with 2 wires coming from the connecting pin for 4 o'clock, one goes either side of the harvester to a push and release button. The other side of the button is wired to the frame of the harvester.
    So this is how it works.... the spud picker has a problem a presses the button, he/she completes the earth circuit so therefore current flows from the dash into the horn and it makes noise.
    This will work lovely assuming you aren't already using the Spare/fog/reversing pin. If you are you can add another trailer socket wiring up the single pin.
    It's a good idea you have as machinery can be dangerous. Anything to make things safer is good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

746watts wrote: »
    Easy! You have a 7-pin trailer socket on the back of the tractor. Looking straight into your tractor socket the pin for Spare/Fog/Reversing is at 2 o'clock.
    So what you can do is mount a car horn in the cab with +ve feed from the dash to one terminal on the horn. The other terminal -ve is run to the spare/fog/reversing pin.
    On the spud harvester you have a trailer socket with 2 wires coming from the connecting pin for 4 o'clock, one goes either side of the harvester to a push and release button. The other side of the button is wired to the frame of the harvester.
    So this is how it works.... the spud picker has a problem a presses the button, he/she completes the earth circuit so therefore current flows from the dash into the horn and it makes noise.
    This will work lovely assuming you aren't already using the Spare/fog/reversing pin. If you are you can add another trailer socket wiring up the single pin.
    It's a good idea you have as machinery can be dangerous. Anything to make things safer is good. :)

i am useing the number 2 pin for work lights for harvester
    if i put say another plug on the tractor i could get power for the system

first off could u tell me how id wire it
    i was thinking of placeing horn on harvester dnt wana blow ears of tractor driver

aswitch on a cord would work also

in easy steps how i wire it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

bk1991 wrote: »
    i am useing the number 2 pin for work lights for harvester
    if i put say another plug on the tractor i could get power for the system

first off could u tell me how id wire it
    i was thinking of placeing horn on harvester dnt wana blow ears of tractor driver

aswitch on a cord would work also

in easy steps how i wire it

Just get a 12v supply from somewhere. Most modern tractors have a rake of various connectors.

DONT put a horn in the cab. Just get a buzzer. Maplins in Cork and Dublin sell them, but I'm sure you would get one from any motor factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

something like this would work woulnt it ?
    A87209647AA64EB0A03DDC0EFD10CDF9.jpg

Advertisement