Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canine ireland Registered

• 02-10-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My mother bought a dog for herself last week. Came as a shock as she said nothing to anyone. Anyways, she always wanted a westie and finally got one. She was told it was registered and the seller was sound and sent the papers, vet receipts down today. Now, she's registered alright. But with the Canine ireland club. Iv never heard of these and know nothing about them. The brother in law is skeptical about them for some reason. He told my ma she cant show the dog (she has no interest in showing as its a pet), and didnt really have anything good to say. Basically that the dog could be inbred and things like that. Jealousy? I dont know, im not overly fond of him but he does know his dogs. Anyone know anything about the Canine ireland club? What there like etc. It dosn bother my ma as she loves the dog but would like to know.
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

http://www.canineireland.com/ thats the only thing i can find

Ive only heard of Irish Kennel Club

double post sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Thanks dee,
    God, thats not the answer i was looking for though. For her sake i dont think i should tell her. Would break her heart. Im pissed now that not only she was duped so to speak but when you think of the other pups too. Nothing i can do now i suppose. I think the best would be to say nothing about it to her. Is there anything else i should be worried about health wise wit the dog. She did get the all clear from our vet though.

Lessons learned i suppose

She loves the dog and thats all that matters

If the vet gave the all clear then everything is fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

BVB wrote: »
    Lessons learned i suppose

She loves the dog and thats all that matters

If the vet gave the all clear then everything is fine

Yea, she is a great dog. Very friendly in fairness. I am a big dog man but this little westie is great. Just it would kill ma to know she 'funded' a puppy farmer. Lesson learned is right. I have another thread here, about a dog for a 4yr old. If she gets a pure bread as apposed to a rescue, il be making sure she knows its IKC registered. Thanks guys for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

this happened to my mams friend last yr. she bought a little cavalier when the papers came its was reg with this club as well. Fingers crossed she has no health probs with this dog yet, the only thing is the dog who is now maybe about 16 or so months is prob the size of a 5-6 month cav pup.

Just thought of this this sec would u be able to reg pups from IKC and Canine Ireland together? My mates mam girl is spayed ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Registering the dog with this club means absol nothing, as another poster says, its not worth the paper its written on.

She will never be able to reg with the IKC unless the breeder does so himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Boomtastic

I recommend she gets pet insurance as quickly as possible in case it gets sick.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hi there

This isn't strictly relevant to the conversation at hand, but I do want to put this point across.

We at Boards.ie, while happy to let discussions happen, will not accept any posts from a member that is libellous, defamatory or in any way sets out to damage the reputation of a company or individual without proof being provided.

If a post is made that appears to do that, our moderators are completely within their rights to remove that post, and, if necessary, follow the rules posted here and ban that poster.
    Firstly--Any libelious statements against an individual or company will result in a permanent ban for all those involved.[/quote[

If you believe a business or an individual to be in any way not-compliant with standards or the law, you must provide proof in your post before saying so. Saying "I heard it from the man down the road" is not proof. Linking to a newspaper article, a court order or similar is.

Our moderators in this forum are BRILLIANT. Seriously wonderful people, but they can't see everything either. In a situation where you feel a post may not be 100% based on fact or you think we should look at it, press the REPORT POST button (it's this symbol - report.gif - beside each post when you're logged in) and let us know.

If you need any clarification on this, please let me know in the comments below.

Thank you

Darragh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vronee

Canine Ireland are not linked with puppy farmers. My Husky is registered with them. It is just another registration club for dog owners. IKC are better known in Ireland. They are based in Co. Carlow. There is no reason to bring your dog to the vet in case it gets "sick" if it is registered with Canine Ireland, no more than you should if your dog is registered with Irish Kennel Club. Canine Ireland just register the dogs, they don't regulate the breeders, or breed themselves, same as IKC. Anybody can send false information to the Irish Kennel Club or Canine Ireland about their dogs, neither of these clubs check to see if the info being sent to them is true or false. The only advantage the IKC have is they are older and better known. Both of these will take your money but do no proper checks to make sure the info sent to them is true. Just because a dog is IKC registered means nothing, the breeder can have submitted a papers from a friends/neighbours dog and Hey Presto, the puppies are now "Registered" with the IKC, even though a mongrel dog may have been used to breed from. Just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 vronee

Canine Ireland are not linked with puppy farmers. My Husky is registered with them. It is just another registration club for dog owners. IKC are better known in Ireland. They are based in Co. Carlow. There is no reason to bring your dog to the vet in case it gets "sick" if it is registered with Canine Ireland, no more than you should if your dog is registered with Irish Kennel Club. Canine Ireland just register the dogs, they don't regulate the breeders, or breed themselves, same as IKC. Anybody can send false information to the Irish Kennel Club or Canine Ireland about their dogs, neither of these clubs check to see if the info being sent to them is true or false. The only advantage the IKC have is they are older and better known. Both of these will take your money but do no proper checks to make sure the info sent to them is true. Just because a dog is IKC registered means nothing, the breeder can have submitted a papers from a friends/neighbours dog and Hey Presto, the puppies are now "Registered" with the IKC, even though a mongrel dog may have been used to breed from. Both clubs will state they are not responsible for the information submitted to them, ie, Dam and Sire info. Just sayin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Co. Carlow where that big puppy farm was exposed? A family member rescued a dog from there. Poor thing is traumatised. I think canine Ireland are connected in some way to these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

PucaMama wrote: »
    Co. Carlow where that big puppy farm was exposed? A family member rescued a dog from there. Poor thing is traumatised. I think canine Ireland are connected in some way to these.

Yes you are correct. He was the owner as far as I know. Disgusting really and people still defend Canine Ireland :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

vronee wrote: »
    Canine Ireland are not linked with puppy farmers. My Husky is registered with them. It is just another registration club for dog owners. IKC are better known in Ireland. They are based in Co. Carlow. There is no reason to bring your dog to the vet in case it gets "sick" if it is registered with Canine Ireland, no more than you should if your dog is registered with Irish Kennel Club. Canine Ireland just register the dogs, they don't regulate the breeders, or breed themselves, same as IKC. Anybody can send false information to the Irish Kennel Club or Canine Ireland about their dogs, neither of these clubs check to see if the info being sent to them is true or false. The only advantage the IKC have is they are older and better known. Both of these will take your money but do no proper checks to make sure the info sent to them is true. Just because a dog is IKC registered means nothing, the breeder can have submitted a papers from a friends/neighbours dog and Hey Presto, the puppies are now "Registered" with the IKC, even though a mongrel dog may have been used to breed from. Just sayin'
    Anything that's not an IKC registration has zero value; you might as well ask your mother for a hand written note as that's the value of the "registration".The reason for all these other type of bodies is for BY breeders to be able to put "will be registered" on their adds to pretend they mean IKC and claim a higher price and make it seem something it's not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

The Canine Ireland registry was set up by the very people who lobbied the government (successfully) to have large dog breeding establishments legalised under the 2010 legislation.
    In other words, Canine Ireland has everything to do with puppy farming... it was set up by puppy farmers, and as long as it's been in existence has been presided over by people who run very large dog breeding farms, including the Hamiltons in the north who have featured in every documentary to date about puppy farms.

Anyway, with mod hat on, this thread is 6 years old, and to prevent old arguments from being rehashed, I'm closing it now.
    Please do not resurrect old threads.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement