Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG exit poll, 52% yes-48% no

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭moondogspot

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1002/breaking1.htm
    An exit poll by Fine Gael suggests the Yes side, with 52 per cent, have just swung a victory over the No side. A source emphasised the figure was preliminary and is by no means definitive.

The Irish Times have just reported a preliminary Fine Gael exit poll that found Yes at 52% and No at 48%.

Edit : Thanks mods for joining threads.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

it's mad that i'm genuinely afraid of a no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

yes side still lead, but i think it is going to be A LOT closer than people think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Was hoping for a wider margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

marbar wrote: »

well i'm guessing that you got scared into voting yes
    so no difference there

i'm scared that too many people are out there like you

• Advertisement

PomBear wrote: »
    well i'm guessing that you got scared into voting yes
    so no difference there

well you guessed wrong.
    been a yes advocate from the get go
    i'm waiting for the no campaigners to look at reeling in the years in 10 years to look like coots.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

How close to the actual result were the exit polls last time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

MarkK wrote: »
    I don't recall any exit polls, but I do remember even a lot of the Yes supporters here expecting a No result, and as early as 11am on the day of the count it was clear the No's had it. This year has a different feel to the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

RTE reporting the FG exit poll at 60-40 Yes.

Edit:
    rte.ie wrote:
    Fine Gael carried out an exit poll, using a representative sample of 1,000 voters in 33 locations around the country.

The party's director of elections, Billy Timmons, said the indications were good for the Yes side, with most of the results processed.

The Fine Gael poll shows the Yes side ahead by 60% to 40%.

However, it will be the morning before the accuracy of the poll can be determined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

marbar wrote: »

Why are you scared of the Irish people excerising their democratic right to reject Lisbon part deux? :confused:

• Advertisement

MarkK wrote: »

There wasnt one, Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

PomBear wrote: »

You do realize that it was exactly by trying to scare people that the No side lost support? Its a bit much now to be talking of being scared into Yes. Not on their lives? €1.84? Euro Democracy 1945-2009?

PaulieD wrote: »
    Why are you scared of the Irish people excerising their democratic right to reject Lisbon part deux? :confused:
    because they did last time, but for te wrong reasons

i hate the thought that this may not be passed for the same reasons as last time. ie people not reasearching it or listening to enough debates

we'll find out soon enough i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Maybe because this isn't a philosophy class or a question on your Junior Cert paper, and there will be actual consequences to a no vote, without any benefits. I'd be pretty terrified if the lunatics campaigning for a No won the day, and if FF does fall from this, I don't want to see the govt that will emerge from that post-Lisbon, sweet Jesus we're ****ed, election campaign...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Is it possible though that with all the suggestions that NO voters were less educated, less intelligent(swayed by issues not covered in the Treaty),extremists(aligning themselves with Sinn Fein, Libertas, Communists, UKIP etc) or unpatriotic(for not voting in the way that is best for the country according to the YES side), that some NO voters may have said they voted YES when asked by the FG pollsters ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭williamb

I don't know who's right, but RTE are reporting the FG exit poll as being 60/40 in favour of yes.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1002/eulisbon.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSDUB00111020091002

reuters saying 53% based on a government party poll

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I should be a one man polling machine... I've been saying 53% yes all day...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

DeVore wrote: »
    I should be a one man polling machine

Well if Ron Jeremy can do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Democracy is the best system in the world. But not all democratic decisions turn out to be the best decisions.

The IT has now corrected it's report and now has 60/40 in favour.

• Advertisement

passive wrote: »
    Maybe because this isn't a philosophy class or a question on your Junior Cert paper, and there will be actual consequences to a no vote, without any benefits. I'd be pretty terrified if the lunatics campaigning for a No won the day, and if FF does fall from this, I don't want to see the govt that will emerge from that post-Lisbon, sweet Jesus we're ****ed, election campaign...

Bit of a passive fascist, are we? You can have democracy, once you vote my way. Endearing lot, the Yes side.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

turgon wrote: »
    You do realize that it was exactly by trying to scare people that the No side lost support? Its a bit much now to be talking of being scared into Yes. Not on their lives? €1.84? Euro Democracy 1945-2009?

This is true though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Bit of a passive fascist, are we? You can have democracy, once you vote my way. Endearing lot, the Yes side.:rolleyes:

I must have missed the part where anybody said "The no voters should have been locked up and not allowed vote"

Or maybe you just made that up... If there was a referendum about "should we amend the constitution to insert a clause about setting off a nuclear bomb in every major city in the country" I would fear a yes in that scenario, and I would think anyone who voted to blow us up was a ****ing idiot, regardless of how democratic it was of them to do so.

And gob****es like you would probably campaign for that referendum if the government was against it.

Advertisement