Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-wi-fi paint.......WTF

Options
  • 02-10-2009 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Researchers say they have created a special kind of paint which can block out wireless signals.

It means security-conscious wireless users could block their neighbours from being able to access their home network - without having to set up encryption.

The paint contains an aluminium-iron oxide which resonates at the same frequency as wi-fi - or other radio waves - meaning the airborne data is absorbed and blocked.

By coating an entire room, signals can't get in and, crucially, can't get out.

Article

Could be handy for all the paranoid "is my wifi secure?" threads that get posted here

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget to paint your windows and doors too.

And won't people be upset about the mobile phones signal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Wow sounds like a great idea....

facepalm1.jpg
    Except for the the windows, doors and other pesky non painted surfaces in peoples homes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Article

Could be handy for all the paranoid "is my wifi secure?" threads that get posted here

Anyone know where I can get this paint in Ireland? RF shielding for home users-sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

mehmeh12 wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get this paint in Ireland? RF shielding for home users-sweet.

what you want mehmeh12 is one of those faraday tents

shielding-tent[2].png

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Martyr wrote: »
    what you want mehmeh12 is one of those faraday tents

shielding-tent[2].png

:D

Or an ethernet cable!

• Advertisement
Advertisement