Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingerstyle Website

Options
  • 02-10-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm starting a FAS couse on Web Design and I've decided to start an Irish Fingerstyle Guitar Website. I started playing guitar 4 1/2 years ago and I enjoy finger style more than any other and I have found theres very little web presence of Irish fingerstyle guitarists around.

I'd like to hear about anybody else who's involved with or has an interest in fingerstyle guitar so I have some direct content to enter in the web site. \

TBH, this gives me an opportunity to meet someother people who are passionate about this style also and maybe we could meet up and chat about it. I'll be going ahead with the website whether or not you lazy fingerstyle bums respond to me or not so, come on, just drop me a line and help promote the music you love. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Neal_B

lickbyneck.com has tons of fingerstyle stuff, but the tabs are a bit all over the place on it! If you make a site with clear &concise tabs you will be my hero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

TBH, I wasn't going to do a site like that, it's more aimed at promoting fingerstyle techniques and players rather than building a tool for people to learn. Like I said before I'm totally new to this web design stuff so I'm not expecting to be able to build a brillant website.

Keep the suggestions coming though and if you play fingerstyle professionally or even publically, get in touch and I can get your name up on the site.

I've nearly got the site ready to go.

Has any one got any channels or videos on youtube or similar that I could use to embed on the site?

If you got any of your own compositions I'd gladly post them also. It doesn't matter how good or bad your playing or your compositions are so don't worry about that. The site isn't there just to cater for the experts.

It's there to represent Irish fingerstyle guitarists of all levels of expertise.

PM me if you want to get involved

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hector's House

Look up Steve Baughman - American, so it's more what he calls 'Celtic' guitar. Excellent all the same.

Look up Steve Baughman - American, so it's more what he calls 'Celtic' guitar. Excellent all the same.

Cheers man but I'm specifically looking for Irish artists. Do you play?

The Site is up but I'm still finishing the design and then filling the content.

www.fingerstyle-ireland.com

PM me and get involved

• Advertisement

Irish Guitar Festival in Drogheda this week.

Check it out at http://www.irishguitarfest.com/

Advertisement