Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piece on tv3 today on body art

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

just looking at it myself.. is it just me who thinks they're a bit scared of poor beck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah the female presenter is pretty disgusted, she doesn't even try hide it haha.

It's all the same questions most people with piercings or tattoos deal with;
    "did it hurt?"
    "will they ever shrink?"
    "what did your parents say?!"

watching darren in colourworks now

ive gotten as far as paddy at the min, but yeah its all the usual q's! defo is really freaked out!

was an ok bit of tele for anyone who isn't really into piercing or tattoos. They did touch on the lack of regulations which i'd be more interested in, and a certain place that butchers people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

My ma texted me this morning to tell me it was on.

I loved it, they asked genuine questions as people who were actually interested in it, they didn't seem judgemental or anything.

There was a good range of bodymods covered as well, and a few good points about the legal side of things.

Well done, TV3!

• Advertisement

just on darren now, yeah wouldnt mind knowing more about those regulations. butchering people? think i missed that part :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Will wrote: »
    http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=14426&locID=1.65.370

Just looking at it now, any opinions?

That was great. I liked the nonjudgemental approach to it all :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

I think Aine came across really well and the guys too.Well I suppose its great that TV3 were open minded enough to do a show on body mods but yes also wish they had hit on the regulation issue a bit more dont think anyone has to guess where the 10 year old had her lip pierced with a gun!!! How scary is that. But the sad thing about this country is even if they do regulate the industry they are sure to make a balls of that too....bad government bad bad bad :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Kitty k wrote: »
    I think Aine came across really well and the guys too.Well I suppose its great that TV3 were open minded enough to do a show on body mods but yes also wish they had hit on the regulation issue a bit more dont think anyone has to guess where the 10 year old had her lip pierced with a gun!!! How scary is that. But the sad thing about this country is even if they do regulate the industry they are sure to make a balls of that too....bad government bad bad bad :D

+1, definitely a nice change to the usual morning tv. My Mum watched it and was very interested. I had to laugh when Aine was describing where the girl got her lip pierced "it was, erm, a market stall, eh, in the city centre.....it's still operating". :) Kinda made me think too, the bit where the said that it'll probably take something really awful to happen to someone before some regulations are put in place. It's terrible to think that it would have to come to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

It will take something awful to happen and then the media will sensationalise it and paint the whole industry in a bad light ....its so **** in this country that some shops will work really hard to keep it professional and practice really good shop ethics but most people dont even notice the difference between a good shop or a bad one....Really impressed with all the guys on the show and have heard Paddy before talking about regulation I think it was on the late late years ago (I could be wrong)......:D

hahahaha sorry didnt realise I couldnt say **** in here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You also can't say ****, ****, ******* or ****** ** * ****************!!!

The sooner the industry is regulated the better for all concerned TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

A one letter swear? WT*?

</OT>

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

i like the part where they say a certain market stall in townl did a dodgy peircin on a 10 yr old... hmmm i wonder which place that was????:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The sooner the industry is regulated the better for all concerned TBH.
    and yet we can say *****!!

no you can't :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You REALLY can't!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

i found it really interesting.....especially the bit abt Beck being suspended by hooks in his back!

def got me wanting more piercings......:D

maybe not so interesting for ppl in the business already but good segment for ignorants like me:p

Advertisement