Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus`s

• 03-10-2009 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Right so Busarus decided to put on two buses to Waterford today at 4pm since the first would have been packed. Carlow, Castledermot, Naas and Thomastown passengers were told to hop on the first, while us lucky Waterfordians were to hop on the direct bus to waterford.

YAY I thought to myself, Id get there a whole few minutes faster.

Grin wiped off me as the other bus passed us out just after the Carlow bypass, only to be seen again coming in the opposite direction over the bridge back to Dublin for another round.

I mean, How in gods name did that happen? We took the biapass and didnt stop for 3:30hours.

The other bus in the same traffic with at least 5 stops, pass's us out, collects passengers and is on his merry way back to Dublin before we even are dropped off.

Only me! Serve me not to take my bike in future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The Commuting and Transport forum is over there --->>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Right so Busarus decided to put on two buses to Waterford today at 4pm since the first would have been packed. Carlow, Castledermot, Naas and Thomastown passengers were told to hop on the first, while us lucky Waterfordians were to hop on the direct bus to waterford.

Grin wiped off me as the other bus passed us out just after the Carlow bypass, only to be seen again coming in the opposite direction over the bridge back to Dublin for another round.

I mean, How in gods name did that happen? We took the biapass and didnt stop for 3:30hours.

The other bus in the same traffic with at least 5 stops, pass's us out, collects passengers and is on his merry way back to Dublin before we even are dropped off.

At least your buses actually arrive.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

At least your buses actually arrive.... :rolleyes:

LOL! I suppose so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

What?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    What?

Maybe this will clarify it for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

Moved from After Hours.

My apologies for being in the wrong forum, but thanks for the move :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This may come as a shock but there's more than one Busarus bus, they all look the same so it's easy to confuse them. Some popular routes even have hourly services with many buses going to and from the same location. It does my head in too, that's why I shot my neighbours dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It does my head in too, that's why I shot my neighbours dog.

LOL :D......!

Yea,the sensation of peace and quiet is outa dis world innit...!!!

I would imagine the OP`s observation might be based upon the Destination Display of one of the coaches rather than the individual fleet number of the coach in question.
    As Scumlord points out Bus Éireann might have over 100 of a particular coach type,each one identical,which often explains the sense of confusion felt by it`s drivers......Groundhog Coach !!!!! :pac:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

maybe should be in ranting and raving forum ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

If the stopping bus had a headstart of a few minutes over the direct one at 4pm on a friday evening it is possible it could have been 15-20mns ahead by Naas and that could account for it getting to Waterford earlier. Also they could have taken different routes out of the city, Newlands/Red Cow was just jamming up after 4 yesterday so if one went Inchicore and the other N4/M50 there could have been a big difference.

As for the bus loading up and heading straight back, that would have been a different bus and driver, the 7.30pm from Waterford is the return working of the 2.30pm from Dublin.

Advertisement