Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

respect the yes vote

Options
  • 03-10-2009 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

lets respect the yes vote by demanding a 3rd referendum

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I actually like the idea of a best 2 out of 3, i mean if they get a re match why shouldnt we! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

That wouldn't be respecting or disrespecting the vote but given that there wouldn't be sufficient reason for a third referendum, should the count tomorrow actually yield a Yes result, such a proposition would merely be retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Yea..best a 3..why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Sure. As soon as the government of the day wants another referendum, I'll happily go and vote, and won't whine about it not being democratic.

Plus, the votes haven't even been counted yet, so you're a little ahead of yourself. Might be a surprise yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Rb wrote: »
    That wouldn't be respecting or disrespecting the vote but given that there wouldn't be sufficient reason for a third referendum, should the count tomorrow actually yield a Yes result, such a proposition would merely be retarded.

ok well we will run a poll showing the vast majority didnt understand the treaty again so the reason would be just as sufficient as the first re-run

Yea..best a 3..why not?
    You should probably stick to building bridges tbh, political discussion really doesn't seem to be your thing.

utick wrote: »
    ok well we will run a poll showing the vast majority didnt understand the treaty again so the reason would be just as sufficient as the first re-run
    That would require people on the Yes side actually not understanding what they were voting on, which I've personally yet to witness.

Unless by "run" you're suggesting the Government made it up last time, and that we should "do so" again this time. In which case, off to the Conspiracy Theory forum with you.

No problem with that. Go for it! Maybe Declan will give you some cash towards it? Then of course, the government would have to propose it...assuming they do - let's go for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Maybe we can wait until the ballot boxes have been opened before calling this? Sure, it does look ominous for the No side, but the traitors havent won yet.

• Advertisement

PaulieD wrote: »
    Maybe we can wait until the ballot boxes have been opened before calling this? Sure, it does look ominous for the No side, but the traitors havent won yet.
    Traitors? Of what?

Traitors and *Slavs* Paulie, don't forget the Slavs.

Traitors? Of what?

Traitors to Ireland! Or Democracy. Or 1916, or whatever the current most emotive thing is. Heck, let's go with all of the above!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I hear this polling organisation are good.

This guy is highly recomended as well

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Sure. As soon as the government of the day wants another referendum, I'll happily go and vote, and won't whine about it not being democratic.

Plus, the votes haven't even been counted yet, so you're a little ahead of yourself. Might be a surprise yet.

Its over man,It's a yes vote.

There is no democracy and there will be no re–run when the result satisfys the masters

Its over man,It's a yes vote.

There is no democracy and there will be no re–run when the result satisfys the masters

Really, I voted just this very evening, has it been cancelled?

marco_polo wrote: »
    It's only democratic if "imeddyhobbs", the bridge construction worker, says it's democratic.

Get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

you got my hopes up with the thread title:D.When are the results really coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It's only democratic if "imeddyhobbs", the bridge construction worker, says it's democratic.

Get it?

curious here, what have you got against bridge construction workers?

marco_polo wrote: »

My vote was,I voted no last year on this document

• Advertisement

Get it?

No. It is only over when we give the right answer. If indeed the result tomorrow is a Yes vote, it is over. If we vote No, we will be voting once again. No doubt about that what so ever.

Is that democracy?

Traitors? Of what?

The Irish nation.

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Traitors and *Slavs* Paulie, don't forget the Slavs.

Frankly, MikeC, I couldnt give a damn about the slavs.:)

My vote was,I voted no last year on this document

What, did you forget to vote this time around then?

kryogen wrote: »
    curious here, what have you got against bridge construction workers?

Nothing.
    No. It is only over when we give the right answer. If indeed the result tomorrow is a Yes vote, it is over. If we vote No, we will be voting once again. No doubt about that what so ever.

Is that democracy?

Yes, it is, but it's completely lost on you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

There's never going to be another referendum on Europe again anyway.

The Irish nation.
    Very amusing.

Yes, those who voted in favour of a good treaty for Ireland and Europe are the traitors, not the ones trying to lead Ireland into a very bad position within the EU, flanked by a bunch of lunatic organisations such as Coir.

They really are the traitors, well done, you've clearly shown your understanding of the situation (i.e sweet fuck all) and hopefully, for the good of democracy you either didn't vote or in some way spoiled it.

Frankly, MikeC, I couldnt give a damn about the slavs.:)

Odd, the impression I was getting was that you cared a lot about the slavs. Specifically, about them not voting, be they citizens or not.

Yes, it is, but it's completely lost on you.

Let me get this straight, if we vote No and are forced to vote again, thats democratic? But if we vote Yes there should definitely be no re-run of Lisbon?

• Advertisement

There's never going to be another referendum on Europe again anyway.
    I think I can hear the Super State tanks rolling into Dublin City Centre as we speak!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement