Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portsmouth gonna go bust?

• 03-10-2009 4:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Had a quick for a thread on this, and to my surprise didnt find one. Anywho, not that it takes a rocket scientist to realise that these guys were in trouble by selling their entire first team squad, but I had a feeling they implode sooner rather than later.

I might be jumping to conclusions but this new owner seems to be a total bluffer, how the fook do you buy a club and then not have the money to pay the bleeding players wages?! They need, varying figures reported, around 15£ million in the next two weeks to stay afloat and i wouldnt be one bit surprised to see them go under. Apparently he's in hospital in Dubai, how convenient.

On a side note what happens if they do? Everyone gets six points if they have played them or not?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/portsmouth/article6859364.ece

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    On a side note what happens if they do? Everyone gets six points if they have played them or not?

why would you go adding loads of points to everyones totals lol

all games against them to that point would be declared null and void, so everyone who has beaten them would lose 3 points and a game played, and everyone who hasnt will stay as is

i cant see the premier league allowing a club to go bust mid season though, thatd be a logistical nightmare youd have to imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Helix wrote: »
    why would you go adding loads of points to everyones totals lol

all games against them to that point would be declared null and void, so everyone who has beaten them would lose 3 points and a game played, and everyone who hasnt will stay as is

i cant see the premier league allowing a club to go bust mid season though, thatd be a logistical nightmare youd have to imagine

True, but for financial reasons, you cant alow an entity continue to trade when its insolvent, would amount to reckless trading on the part of the company owners directors etc, however, not even remotely sure how such company laws apply to this situation. One things for sure they are in a big mess, i mean when was the last time you heard of a premier club not paying player wages.

Time for zzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Won't happen. The premier league would'nt let it and they will be bailed out. It would'nt fit into their "greatest league in the world" hyperbole mission statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Please let this happen. Nothing against Portstmouth per say but hate the epl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Oh look, he's dodgy afterall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Looks like we are now going to sell a major share to the guy Peter Storrie had lined up before. Its just great being a Pompey supporter these days I tell ya!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5606478,00.html

Advertisement