Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

...Ireland for New Years?

• 03-10-2009 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is coming in from the States for Christmas/New Years and a severe funds shortage means we've had to shelve Edinburgh for NYE :(

I've taken her the length and breadth of Ireland the last time she was here in March so I'm open to suggestions on pretty much anywhere that is good for NYE. I'm from Cork and I don't remember it being too spectacular down there but feel free to prove me wrong.

I was thinking either Dublin or else somewhere on the coast which might be less 'lively' but more fun. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I guess Christmas will be spent at your house in Cork?
    Don't know about Dub but Galway sucks for New Year. I'd suggest Belfast over anything - Belfast rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

New years is a bit of a damp squib to be honest .....

best nights are ones with friends - if someone has a house/apartment - gather everyone around - loads of alcohol music and dancing....good times had by all !!

or you could goto some rural town and enjoy an old session (like Clonakilty maybe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

lol @ partying in Clon!

We'll be up in Belfast before Xmas, around and about Cork/Limerick over the hols and then all dressed up with nowhere to go on NYE :( I've heard rumblings that Lahinch is sedate but fun over NYE...anyone confirm/deny? Keep the ideas rolling in, my 'friend' (:D) and myself are open to suggestions!

Advertisement