Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Parcel Missing *after* Delivery??

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

catbear wrote: »
    It will be interesting to how the new entrants into the postal market conduct their business after liberisation in 2011.

If they are like GLS then we're fecked.

I don't work for An Post but I've never had issues with them. I don't know why but our mail turns up on time (usually around 07:40) , packets either go to neighbours or back to depot.

Packets/parcels that I've sent have always arrived on time - including one that was posted on a Friday and somehow arrived in Vienna on the following Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Our local PO are very helpful and so is the post man. Never had a problem with deliveries etc.

An Post need to work on their current system. If I want to send a letter to Mary who lives 1km from me. BTW I am in Co.Kerry

-I post the letter in the local post office (Co.Kerry)
    -The letter goes off to Cork
    -Comes back to Kerry
    -Delivered to Mary who lives in Kerry.

The letter goes all the way to Cork just to be "sorted".

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I had 8 cds and dvds go missing in one go a few years ago at Christmas in similar circumstances. I filled out the claim forms as advised by anpost but I never received any compensation. Luckily CDWOW replaced all of them for free.

Is there any point in reporting it to the Garda? Would they bother to investigate or would it have to be for something considerably more valuable?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AnPost have left €800 of computer stuff in my porch before. Says it all, really... :rolleyes: Luckily someone from my family came home and took it in, before the usual door-to-door beggers came.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if a new operator came into the market, wouldn't they just be dealing with national and outgoing international mail?
    afaik incoming international mail would still have to go through An Post, so any games, dvds, etc. we buy online would still be at risk of getting "lost"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ive had 3 games posted from Dublin stolen within the post service in the last two weeks.

Ive noticed in the last month or two the service is getting really really bad if something does get through it can take a week to get from Dublin to Limerick instead of the 1 day it used to take this time last year.

Take this week for example ive had 0 letters delivered all week not even a bill ! I usually get 2-4 letters a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I've been waiting on a parcel from Cork for over 2 weeks. It's just nowhere to be found. Emailed An Post, they said it's not in the Returns section. What's my next step? Fill in that online form?
    =Take this week for example ive had 0 letters delivered all week not even a bill ! I usually get 2-4 letters a day.
    This. New postman :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i have had nothing go missing on me so far tbtg, but the service lately has become diabolical. taking days or weeks to get here. so if i order something and i have the choice i would choose special courier.

a few years ago though our parcel postman was a lazy bugger. (we have a new one now). he WOULDN'T ring or knock the door, he just prewrote the slip and stuck it through the door quietly. he never even stuck it all the way through so the letterbox clattered. it would be hanging out.

when i would go up to the sorting office they would say, oh he called quite early and you probably just didn't hear the door. fair enough if i was alseep i might not have, but i can tell you if he had either put the slip through proper, knocked or rang the door both my dogs would have heard him and gone nuts. he didn't.

the sorting office just kept saying they always knock. well a couple days later i was standing in the hall when he walked up to the door and attempted to quietly stick the slip through the door. got a shock when i pulled the door open. :P:D

and on another occasion i was driving into my driveway when i noticed that they had delivered my amazon parcel. i knew this cos they left it sticking out the letterbox obvious as anything to any passerby! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭MeerKat17

Something similar has just happened to me. I ordered an item off ebay, insured registered post due for next day delivery As it was sent on the 21st Dec I knew it would be a few days late with the Christmas period. Still didn't get anything this week. I contacted the seller they said they'd look into it. I got the tracking order today and found out it had been delivered on the 29th Dec. I was in the house ALL day, I waited specifically for the delivery and nothing was delivered. I didn't get any docket at all. I looked it up and apparently An Post hold onto registered Post for 16 days before returning the item to its sender if one is provided. This weekend will be 16 days so I presume they are going to send it elsewhere either today or Monday. I'm furious! I can't believe I didn't even get a delivery docket to let me know it was there! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davidguiden

an post are a <SNIP> i sent a bluettoth car kit that was failty back to the shop by post b 4 xmas and it went missing it does not just blow away it was <SNIP> by one of der staff .i wrote to the gpo and got a cheeky reply 3 weeks later with 2 free stamps for my troubles the kit cost me £300 . rang up the gpo and got a tough **** atitude off the <SNIP> on the phone . i have no intention of letting the matter just go .an post are a pack of wasters **** the civil service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

an post are a <SNIP> i sent a bluettoth car kit that was failty back to the shop by post b 4 xmas and it went missing it does not just blow away it was <SNIP> by one of der staff .i wrote to the gpo and got a cheeky reply 3 weeks later with 2 free stamps for my troubles the kit cost me £300 . rang up the gpo and got a tough **** atitude off the <SNIP> on the phone . i have no intention of letting the matter just go .an post are a pack of wasters **** the civil service.

... did you send it registered post? Did you declare a value?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Old thread - therefore I am closing it.

@davidguiden - please do not txtspk in forums. It's hard to read.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement