Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ganley concedes

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭

Says the Yes campaign was 'masterful' - now on RTE

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Good man Deco. "Il come along to the RDS next October 3rd with the Yes for Job posters and see how we are doing."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

PaulieD wrote: »
    Good man Deco. "Il come along to the RDS next October 3rd with the Yes for Job posters and see how we are doing."

"We have not succeeded but we did tell the truth"
    LOL :D fair play Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

He also said he was "proud of his campaign" and that "he told the truth." He said he admired the Yes campaign politically but did not agree with it.

Basically he was about one sentence away from saying "Im the the biggest hypocrite you will ever see in Irish Politics, vote for me in the next General Election please!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Why is he conceding? There must be load of wheelie bins of votes miscounted around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

'Told the truth'. What a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

namloc1980 wrote: »
    "We have not succeeded but we did tell the truth"

Did he really say that?
    Makes the campaign all the more worthwhile with comedic quotes such as that if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Why is he conceding? There must be load of wheelie bins of votes miscounted around the country.
    Not enough to change the outcome, face it.

Justind wrote: »
    Did he really say that?
    Makes the campaign all the more worthwhile with comedic quotes such as that if so.

He also called Brain Cowen 'a masterful politician'. :confused: He is soo odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ganley: "Maybe, in a weird way, this is the best thing for everyone"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

he didnt mean it in a positive light,

• Advertisement

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Not enough to change the outcome, face it.

That didn't stop he calling a for recount in Connaught-Ulster on the basis of what one elderly women thought she saw at the count center.

dvpower wrote: »
    Ganley: "Maybe, in a weird way, this is the best thing for everyone"

If he pisses off then Yes, it will be a great thing for everyone.

Hes playing the game. We havent seen the last of Mr Ganley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

That man is foul. He is still like a bad smell, and manages to sound sinister and cynical even after losing.

wylo wrote: »

Its still something he aspired to be . . . until Dana came along ;)

cornbb wrote: »
    That man is foul. He is still like a bad smell, and manages to sound sinister and cynical even after losing.

He really gets you europhiles riled up, doesnt he. A heavily backed eurosceptic party would get 10-15% in a general election.

Did he really say that?

Yeah those were his exact words.....I rewinded it on Sky+ a few times to make sure my ears actually heard what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Originally Posted by Euro_Kraut
    He also called Brain Cowen 'a masterful politician'. He is soo odd.

He also said that this shows why Fianna Fail is the natural party of government i.e. he gets those gobsh1tes in Fine Gael to do the running and FF will get all the credit. Cowen is now a winner, having previously been a perennial loser.

The only good thing Cowen did was keep a lid on Pr1ck Roche.

Cóir guy said that their posters were the winners of the poster competition....the biggest load of bo!!ocks competition that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I hope Ganley crawls back under the rock from which he appeared. He sounds like he would be a very good pimp. Cowan didn't back away from the debate cos he thuought he'd lose. he did it cos if he did he'd be giving credence to Ganley's ideas.

Never trust a man who is so bouyant after a defeat.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Cóir guy said that their posters were the winners of the poster competition....the biggest load of bo!!ocks competition that is

Well, the winner of the competition for "poster most likely to make one vote yes" :pac:

turgon wrote: »
    Well, the winner of the competition for "poster most likely to make one vote yes" :pac:

He also spouted more rubbish about that 95% of ppl would vote no. Also stood over the €1.84 minimum wage claim saying it was 100% true...going on about Gama workers ......eh hello Gama is a Turkish company and as far as I know Turkey is not in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Considering how "passionate" he was a few weeks ago over the lies of the yes side, he seems to be acting now as if the whole thing was a game, "well played by FF", laughing about the whole thing, at Mary Lou accepted defeat with genuine grace.

Mary Lou accepted defeat with genuine grace.

No she didn't. She continued with the party politics/alarmism by wafting on about Brian Cowen's job now being safe. In other words, she furthered proof of what her true colours on this constitutional issue were all along.
    What an amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My Yes vote was inspired by despair, according to Ganley. F*ck off Declan, my yes vote was inspired by reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

That didn't stop he calling a for recount in Connaught-Ulster on the basis of what one elderly women thought she saw at the count center.
    Sorry to have to correct you here, but I wouldn't like you going around without the facts! What was seen at the centre by "one elderly women" (your mistake again here, I'm just quoting you) was votes being put in the wrong place. Ironically it was 3000 independent votes mis-placed in Ganley's pile.
    I await your clever reply saying that he probably organised that too.
    I have to go out at 1 so please be quick. There's a good boy/girl.

We also say "him" not "he".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

I hope Ganley crawls back under the rock from which he appeared. He sounds like he would be a very good pimp. Cowan didn't back away from the debate cos he thuought he'd lose. he did it cos if he did he'd be giving credence to Ganley's ideas.

Never trust a man who is so bouyant after a defeat.

Hope he didn't upset you by not being a bad loser!
    And why would be be a very good pimp? Are you an expert in such matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

jacool wrote: »
    Sorry to have to correct you here, but I wouldn't like you going around without the facts! What was seen at the centre by "one elderly women" (your mistake again here, I'm just quoting you) was votes being put in the wrong place. Ironically it was 3000 independent votes mis-placed in Ganley's pile.
    I await your clever reply saying that he probably organised that too.
    I have to go out at 1 so please be quick. There's a good boy/girl.

We also say "him" not "he".

Do you want some cheese with your 'whine' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

No she didn't. She continued with the party politics/alarmism by wafting on about Brian Cowen's job now being safe. In other words, she furthered proof of what her true colours on this constitutional issue were all along.
    What an amateur.

Sarcasm there buuuuuuuuuuudddy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

What odds him appearing in Galway East in a General election?

Advertisement