Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor sim locked - original owner in Vietnam - how to get PUK?

• 03-10-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    a friend rang me looking for advice on this, and I think there'll be better answers here.
    He's married to a girl from Vietnam, and when they had their first child, her mother
    stayed in Ireland with them for a year. She signed up to Meteor.
    When she went back home, her daughter continued using the number,
    and had it switched from billpay to pay as you go.
    BUT, somewhere down the line, it's still in her mother's name.

Now that child is old enough to turn on a phone and type in the wrong PIN a few times...
    The card with the PUK on it is long gone, and Meteor have insisted that the original customer
    come in to a shop personally before they'll authorise giving out the PUK.
    As the records show that this is the mother rather than the daughter, they've a big problem.
    Changing the number itself would be inconvenient, but that's all.

Unfortunately, there are numbers on the SIM that they can't get back,
    and that's the main priority right now.

Anyone with a Meteor connection here who might have a suggestion?
    Getting the numbers off the original SIM as far as I know requires
    it to be unlocked, but maybe there's some suggestions on that too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why cant the original owner ring them, confirm name, dob etc and they give it to her over the phone. She was on billpay so they will have plenty of details they can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

not a hope of any info been given out unless the original owner contacts thhem.

Advertisement