Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

License Renewal

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

hey,

My license went out of date yesterday,
    I went into the tax office to renew but she send me away as i didn't have
    the needed papers with me.

I'm just wondering do i get any grace period or anything like that as i need the car for today and tomorro.

I'll be be more then likely back next week with correct papers to renew.

I Have a prov licence.

Thank you for your help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We can't say for sure nothing will happen but if your permit is out by a few days I don't think you'll have an issue unless you get a really grumpy Garda.
    If you get caught just say you can come in and show the Garda the new permit when you get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

There's no grace period, get it sorted ASAP.
    Mine went out of date and I had to produce and was told by a guard that I was illegally driving on the road and to get it sorted asap, so I did!

Advertisement