Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading advice for father

Options
  • 03-10-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Said I'd drop a thread here for my Dad and get him some sound advice.

He is looking to upgrade his pc. He plays mostly pc games and is finding he needs a little bit more from his machine.

Here is his current specs

AMD Athlon 64X2 Duel 5200 (2.71ghz)
    4 GB Ram
    Biostar Motherboard MCP6P-M2
    Gforce 6600LE

He has about €300 to spend, and hasn't gotten me his PSU specs. But I'll tryy find out.

Regards.

Doc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Well it'd be nice to know what resolution he's playin his games on! And also what games he's playing...

the psu of course would also help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And the case, its current fannage and any aftermarket CPU cooler, if any!

Given the budget we need to recycle what we can. All depends on the resolution really!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'll get as much as i can out of him

Believe it or not, i think he is going to register on boards later and statr posting himself, sothat means i need to quit boards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well he went and completely outdid me

He just went off and bought a 750w power supply and a saphire 4890 1gb vapor x.

I was seriously annoyed cause hes computer is just phenomnal, the smoothness of his games is sickening, and i just cant convince him to give them to me haha.

Advertisement