Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres my water

Options
  • 03-10-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Is anyone else having water shortage problems in Monksland/River Village area?

Our water is off, tried calling the council but getting no answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

isn't that Co Roscommon?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    isn't that Co Roscommon?

Thats what we are told anyway! lol

Yeah, it is actually. There just seems to be more people from this part of town post in the westmeath forums, so thought I would have a better response... hmmm, looks like I was wrong.

Anyway, the water came back on an hour later so was no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Same here with the water thing. My row completely dry till about 4 o clock

The water thats been pumping since looks disgusting though so ive been boiling it since.

And yes it is Roscommon unfortunately. Loser county that's biggest town will soon be Monksland. In protest, i always put my address down as Co. Westmeath - sure im only 200 metres from the border (Shines) anyway

Same here with the water thing. My row completely dry till about 4 o clock

The water thats been pumping since looks disgusting though so ive been boiling it since.

The water is not bad, no real difference. Presure is a bit less than it was but other than that its fine. Altho we boil all the water here anyway.. must be the half hourly cups of coffee!! Hooked I tells ye!

why did you buy in Roscommon if you thought it was a loser county???

they've won far more than Westmeath ever will!! sure all of Athlone is really in Roscommon

• Advertisement

they've won far more than Westmeath ever will!! sure all of Athlone is really in Roscommon

I take it Geography was not your best subject lol just kidding.

Personally I like the Roscommon side. Nice and quite this side of town.

The Athlone side was always in Connacht, and Roscommon, until 1898. And we'll get it back someday

you don't know your history mate

The Athlone side was always in Connacht, and Roscommon, until 1898. And we'll get it back someday

you don't know your history mate

Who me?

You would be right tho... cause im not originally from Athlone.

Not sure what you mean by Athlone side. Dont you mean Connacht side?

Not argueing with ye, just curious really. Its nice to know some history of the place you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

why did you buy in Roscommon if you thought it was a loser county???

Cheaper. And not far from the border. Dont worry - i wont be going near Boyle/Tulsk etc anytime soon. Monksland was a wasteland up to circa 5 years back but thankfully has been upgraded to east Athlone standards since.

Sure it is... So long as the postman still finds me with the Westmeath footer on my address, i dont see much need to change it. Fight the Boyle-biased Roscommon council! :D

right, except the Co. Council is in Ros town.

I knew where I'd prefer to be living - Connacht and Roscommon. not the hole that is west-meath

• Advertisement

Wow, I didnt think a question about water could cause this sort of stuff. lol

Does it really matter where ye live.. as long as you know where your from.

Advertisement