Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-op games and the missus

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nothing is more frustating to a noob at a game when a more experienced player keeps telling them what to do exactly instead of letting them figure it out for themselves.
    Tis one of the reason I won't play a game in co op mode until I have mastered the basics myself, esp when it comes to playing with my kids.

The go there, do this now, no push that button just makes you feel like a meat puppet and it's just no enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Nothing is more frustating to a noob at a game when a more experienced player keeps telling them what to do exactly instead of letting them figure it out for themselves.
    Tis one of the reason I won't play a game in co op mode until I have mastered the basics myself, esp when it comes to playing with my kids.

The go there, do this now, no push that button just makes you feel like a meat puppet and it's just no enjoyable.

Dead right, I won't play a co-op game with someone who has played it before. Especially with a 'loved one', part of the fun is discovering and learning it together, even leaving out the meat puppet "do this, do that" it's just as annoying when one person is constantly going "Oh this bit coming up is great ... oh you'll like the next bit ... next bit is a bit tricky ..." and so on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Nothing is more frustating to an experienced player when a noob keeps ignoring instructions and tries to figure things out for themselves :p

Ah only kidding. I've been guilty of trying to tell someone how to do certain parts of a game myself, but i know it can be frustrating as hell when it happens to you. Half the fun of the game is trying to figure things out, and the satisfaction of doing it on your own. I've learned to keep quiet when watching someone play a game, unless specifically asked for help.

As for co-op games, i'd recommend Resident Evil 5 as well, as well as Left 4 Dead and Guitar Hero/Rock Band. I also played through the original Lego Star Wars games in college with a friend, which was great fun. Very enjoyable games.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

I've only ever played games with my partners down through the years when I get frustrated with being killed repeatedly online and need somebody incompetent to beat up. Playing co-op as the dramatically better player would cause me to rip out my own face bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

There's a remake of Toejam and Earl on Xbox Live Arcade as far as I know. Excellent co-op game, so much fun. Get that if you're still considering games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

On a coop buzz with my mates atm, digged up swat 4, great game, they need to make swat 5 NOW.

Not a good suggestion for something to play with a gf I suppose... LBP I guess.. worms... an mmo maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I have played Resistance 1 and 2 CO-OP on the PS3 with the missus, she loves shooting aliens !
    And playing Resident Evil 5 CO-OP with my bro, nearly finished it.
    There isnt many games that will allow you to play campaigns with two players, its a shame.
    Little Big Planet i have also and love it although she doesnt like it, i have 3 controllers and it sgood crack when a few people come over
    Rainbow six Vegas is another one, i had the first one which i thought was hard and didnt really like, second one should be better
    Thats all i can think of for the PS3

Advertisement