Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2nd 2009 - Demoracy in Ireland R.I.P.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Onwards and downwards you will see within 12 months!

Anything is possible. But our government fúcked up our economy, a government we elected.
    You are joking surely?

Who said the Lisbon treaty promised jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭truthisfree

Fuhrer wrote: »

That is not going to do a lot about the €20 deficit we have, 12 months and I can come in here and all the Yesmen will have gone to ground. This country is on it's last legs economically, anyone who can not see that has their head stuck somewhere rather dark.

I am happy that the Yes vote won on a National level because I can now spend the next 12 months watching the Yesmen realise that as always they have been lied to. I am beginning to wonder is it like a religion, blind faith in their leaders, almost cult-like. Maybe the kickbacks are good!

meglome wrote: »
    Who said the Lisbon treaty promised jobs?
    The Government, doh!

Vote Yes for Jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

That is not going to do a lot about the €20 deficit we have, 12 months and I can come in here and all the Yesmen will have gone to ground. This country is on it's last legs economically, anyone who can not see that has their head stuck somewhere rather dark.

I am happy that the Yes vote won on a National level because I can now spend the next 12 months watching the Yesmen realise that as always they have been lied to. I am beginning to wonder is it like a religion, blind faith in their leaders, almost cult-like. Maybe the kickbacks are good!

im waiting on tanks rolling in

im waiting on abortionists

im waiting on euthanasing doctors

!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Sure when the European war machine gets into full momentum there will be plenty of jobs to go around :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

That is not going to do a lot about the €20 deficit we have,

Sure I'll cover that ;)
    12 months and I can come in here and all the Yesmen will have gone to ground. This country is on it's last legs economically, anyone who can not see that has their head stuck somewhere rather dark.

Er no. The country is teetering on the edge, and we all have to work together to drag our asses out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I never knew you were such a thoroughly qualified economist to be able to make such predictions.

The Government, doh!

Vote Yes for Jobs

Ah dear jesus. That is not the same as the government promising jobs though is it.

Damn you Prinz, you beat me to the mark :D

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    im waiting on tanks rolling in

im waiting on abortionists

im waiting on euthanasing doctors

!

Well I certainly hope we have abortion available in this backward country of ours soon and Euthanasia I believe is a human right.

The EU will be involved in wars with the US within 5 years, it is obious that this is going to happen. The yesmen scared people into voting yes, now live with your belief of the power of fear to control a vote, it will come back and bite you on the ass.

• Advertisement

Sure when the European war machine gets into full momentum there will be plenty of jobs to go around :pac:

7234_1150432078978_1172889196_30397896_6094707_n.jpg

Well I certainly hope we have abortion available in this backward country of ours soon and Euthanasia I believe is a human right.

The EU will be involved in wars with the US within 5 years, it is obious that this is going to happen. The yesmen scared people into voting yes, now live with your belief of the power of fear to control a vote, it will come back and bite you on the ass.

war with US?

now i heard it all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rigumagoo

oh my god.
    you no voters are so butthurt.
    your euroskeptic tears are delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

twas a vote for common sense:D

I never knew you were such a thoroughly qualified economist to be able to make such predictions.

see ya in 12 months :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I love how some daft people are going "Take that Coir"

Yeah, take that you mental pro-life right wingOAPs. By throwing away our right to future referenda, basically giving Tony Blair a free job (see, there were jobs in the treaty!), endorsing a Treaty IBEC called for a Yes for at a time our rights as workers are under attack more than ever, and giving not just Fianna Fail but the likes of Sarkozy a free pass to continue the Europe-wide attacks on workers conditions, you have really struck a blow about the Capel Street Fundies.

They'll just be out next Saturday and every Saturday as they were before, forcing pictures of medical operations on the public again. I'll tell you who wont be out again though, the Irish electorate- at least as far as European referenda goes.

So well done. Second time lucky. 1-1 now.
    Enjoy your Cowen cake.

prinz wrote: »
    Sure I'll cover that ;)

Er no. The country is teetering on the edge, and we all have to work together to drag our asses out of it.

tbh I do hope the economy does get better, I can sell my house then and move my business to the heart of Europe, not joking btw

see ya in 12 months :pac:

You're right, I should concede my point about this being the best course of action because you want me to wait 12 months for some vague and undefined catastrophe.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    By throwing away our right to future referenda, basically giving Tony Blair a free job (see, there were jobs in the treaty!), endorsing a Treaty IBEC called for a Yes for at a time our rights as workers are under attack more than ever, and giving not just Fianna Fail but the likes of Sarkozy a free pass to continue the Europe-wide attacks on workers conditions, you have really struck a blow about the Capel Street Fundies.
    ..I'll tell you who wont be out again though, the Irish electorate- at least as far as European referenda goes..

All nonsense from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭rumour

that makes so little sence. We had objections, they gave us legally binding assurances on those objections. We like treaty now. Doesn't make any sence , if anything it makes us seem like more of a backbone, a little backwater in europe and we managed to force them to agree to a whole bunch of assurances just for little old us...

If it doesn't make sense to you now it will in time. You have not distinguished how we circumvented the foundations of our state to suit someone with no jurisdiction on our state.

Remember and it is well known internationally our leaders announced a new referendum with no guarantees in place. They simply ignored a referendum and they can be reliably be called upon to do so in the future. It's now been done twice in Ireland. NO other country in Europe carries this shameful distinction.

We are truly at the bottom of the list for integrity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Huzzahh Death to the backward aspects of Irish Democracy..

*Awaits Conscription to EDA*

Ah dear jesus. That is not the same as the government promising jobs though is it.

Oh I am so sorry, I thought that vote Yes for jobs meant just what it said on the can, how will the Yes vote produce jobs?

Malty_T wrote: »
    *Awaits Conscription to EDA*

you want to become a research scientist?

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    you want to become a research scientist?

Yep:)
    The funding for worthwhile EDA projects, is still too low though....rather join ESA:)

tbh I do hope the economy does get better, I can sell my house then and move my business to the heart of Europe, not joking btw

Good luck with that if that's what you want to do. btw can we count on your help when it comes to the general election? ;)

Sorry, I just can't resist...

Sour grapes, get your sour grapes! FREE IF YOU VOTED NO! :pac:

You're right, I should concede my point about this being the best course of action because you want me to wait 12 months for some vague and undefined catastrophe.

Yes, now you got the idea, vague and undefined is what the yes side have built their campaign on, celebrate, be happy, the unwashed masses have been frightened into submission, and lets talk in 12 months time when there is no longer the money to pay the government bills.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I love how some daft people are going "Take that Coir"

Yeah, take that you mental pro-life right wingOAPs. By throwing away our right to future referenda, basically giving Tony Blair a free job (see, there were jobs in the treaty!), endorsing a Treaty IBEC called for a Yes for at a time our rights as workers are under attack more than ever, and giving not just Fianna Fail but the likes of Sarkozy a free pass to continue the Europe-wide attacks on workers conditions, you have really struck a blow about the Capel Street Fundies.

They'll just be out next Saturday and every Saturday as they were before, forcing pictures of medical operations on the public again. I'll tell you who wont be out again though, the Irish electorate- at least as far as European referenda goes.

Enjoy your Cowen cake.

Do you actually believe any of this nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

No means yes in this country, My vote the last time means nothing.

Expect thousands of Turks on these shores in due course, they are probably floating over on tyres as we speak.

• Advertisement

Do you actually believe any of this nonsense?

I reckon the poster just left out the 'rolleyes'

I love how some daft people are going "Take that Coir":rolleyes:

Yeah, take that you mental pro-life right wingOAPs. By throwing away our right to future referenda, basically giving Tony Blair a free job (see, there were jobs in the treaty!), endorsing a Treaty IBEC called for a Yes for at a time our rights as workers are under attack more than ever, and giving not just Fianna Fail but the likes of Sarkozy a free pass to continue the Europe-wide attacks on workers conditions, you have really struck a blow about the Capel Street Fundies.:rolleyes:

They'll just be out next Saturday and every Saturday as they were before, forcing pictures of medical operations on the public again. I'll tell you who wont be out again though, the Irish electorate- at least as far as European referenda goes.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your Cowen cake.
    :rolleyes:

Fixed the Post:)

Advertisement