Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2nd 2009 - Demoracy in Ireland R.I.P.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

spongeman wrote: »
    No means yes in this country, My vote the last time means nothing.

Expect thousands of Turks on these shores in due course, they are probably floating over on tyres as we speak.

So they should be reaching Cork by 2020...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭truthisfree

prinz wrote: »
    Good luck with that if that's what you want to do. btw can we count on your help when it comes to the general election? ;)

Who would I vote for, Corrupt FF, FG with Labour and we will watch FF telling us from the backbenches that they left the country in a great state!

The government represent the people and the people are, well what can I say, take a look around you. Not a whole lot to be proud of after the country being awash with money for 8 years is there? crap infrastructure, little or no indigenous industries, and we pay Cowen more than the US pays Obama or the UK pays Browne, a country with an enormous class divide. I really hope that the EU now takes as much control of ireland as it possibly can and try and direct it towards something a bit more European and less American as it has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I for one welcome the influx of the Turks...
    They will be far less likely to side with the crackpots that rejected them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

prinz wrote: »
    So they should be reaching Cork by 2020...?

Hopefully they will never get here, and if they do they should be asked to show a work permit first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭truthisfree

Vote YES for jobs

This will not be forgotten..................

• Advertisement

spongeman wrote: »
    Expect thousands of Turks on these shores in due course, they are probably floating over on tyres as we speak.

I thought they were mobbing the airport last week :confused: ... and we were to expect millions? :confused: You know where there is already millions of Turks.... in Germany... did thousands of them bother to come here.... no.

Vote YES for jobs

This will not be forgotten..................

On the other hand, thankfully all those faux COIR Posters will be:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭rumour

tbh I do hope the economy does get better, I can sell my house then and move my business to the heart of Europe, not joking btw

Well I sold up everything two years ago on a very isolated path that most of my family and friends didn't agree with made me really unpopular, like an act of bad faith. Thankfully my good lady stuck with me:rolleyes: All because I believed the numbers didn't stack up.

My faith in this country is diminishing rapidly. Democratic results can be ignored, people who live off my taxes see no reason for cutbacks.

I'm a net contributer to this state, not substantial but I bring foreign money into this country, which this government, that ignored my vote a year ago (I didn't vote this time) takes around 50% of what I bring into the country and pays itself the best wages in Europe.

After pulling off this act and promising a future in the heart of Europe which any serious person knows is poppy cock, I'm seriously preparing to leave also and take the jobs I create abroad, to the heart of Europe.

If they try to take any more of my money in December, I leave period. I can still work here etc thanks to the EU which I am not against, but they are getting no more money off me.

I'd prefer to pay tax in a country that respects its electorate. Watch how quickly my attitude and those like me will change the taxation policy of this country. In a few short years we will be the ones calling for tax harmonisation as we will be unable to compete at anything because of its massive debt burden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Did we get it right this time or are we going again?? shower a cnuts running this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Malty_T wrote: »
    On the other hand, thankfully all those faux COIR Posters will be:)

Because COIR represented every single no voters interests without exception :rolleyes:

regardless of what way this went the most sickening thing I learned from this whole charade is how many people there are who think its Ok to apply broad stereotypes and labels to anyone who's opinion on the matter differed from their own(If your in favor of a no vote you must be a hardcore COIR activist,If your in favor of a yes vote you must be a FF foot soldier)...

• Advertisement

hobochris wrote: »
    Because COIR represented every single no voters interests without exception :rolleyes:

Because 'Yes For Jobs' represented every single yes voter, without exception:rolleyes:

hobochris wrote: »

No, and Malty_T never said it did. Neither did "Yes for jobs" represent every single yes voter without exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think the OP is a runaway candidate for 'Worst Post of the Year' on Boards.ie

So don't feel too bad at least you won something today :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

rumour wrote: »
    Well I sold up everything two years ago on a very isolated path that most of my family and friends didn't agree with made me really unpopular, like an act of bad faith. Thankfully my good lady stuck with me:rolleyes: All because I believed the numbers didn't stack up.

My faith in this country is diminishing rapidly. Democratic results can be ignored, people who live off my taxes see no reason for cutbacks.

I'm a net contributer to this state, not substantial but I bring foreign money into this country, which this government, that ignored my vote a year ago (I didn't vote this time) takes around 50% of what I bring into the country and pays itself the best wages in Europe.

After pulling off this act and promising a future in the heart of Europe which any serious person knows is poppy cock, I'm seriously preparing to leave also and take the jobs I create abroad, to the heart of Europe.

If they try to take any more of my money in December, I leave period. I can still work here etc thanks to the EU which I am not against, but they are getting no more money off me.

I'd prefer to pay tax in a country that respects its electorate. Watch how quickly my attitude and those like me will change the taxation policy of this country. In a few short years we will be the ones calling for tax harmonisation as we will be unable to compete at anything because of its massive debt burden.

Since the entire EU bloc of nations are undemocratic where will you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Who would I vote for, Corrupt FF, FG with Labour and we will watch FF telling us from the backbenches that they left the country in a great state!

The government represent the people and the people are, well what can I say, take a look around you. Not a whole lot to be proud of after the country being awash with money for 8 years is there? crap infrastructure, little or no indigenous industries, and we pay Cowen more than the US pays Obama or the UK pays Browne, a country with an enormous class divide. I really hope that the EU now takes as much control of ireland as it possibly can and try and direct it towards something a bit more European and less American as it has become.

Jaysus, you have a lot of respect for the people who voted No the last time!

Look, no Treaty has ever stated, get your 100,000 jobs here.

It depends on how we use it. We wasted it in the 70's and 80's when we just wanted money out of it, but used it in the 90's, wasted it again in the 00's on coke and hookers rather than developing industry. It will be up to us to use it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

The EU will be involved in wars with the US within 5 years, it is obious that this is going to happen.

Do you mean fighting in wars against the US, or siding with the US in wars?

I'd assume it's the latter, but you never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Is that the sound of the Lizard army marching in to microchip out babies I hear?
    Oh, no wait, it seems to be the sore loser moans of the No voters :pac:

marco_polo wrote: »
    Since the entire EU bloc of nations are undemocratic where will you go?

I'll just move to a country that doesn't ask its citizens to vote twice within a year and tell them they were wrong on the same issue. i.e. not accepting a democratic result conducted under the very rules of that state.

Oh thats the entire EU except ireland.

I'll just move to a country that doesn't ask its citizens to vote twice within a year and tell them they were wrong on the same issue. i.e. not accepting a democratic result conducted under the very rules of that state.

Rabble rabble rabble?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Dublin1600 wrote: »
    Ireland was forced to vote on the EXACT same treaty until a YES vote was returned, the treaty we voted on was the same treaty word for word. Demoracy in Ireland R.I.P.

I think the yes vote proves as a nation we are pathetic. Bullied by conmen using fear and most muppets fell for it. We have only ourselves to blame, the FF mob are STILL running the country and still screwing it up.

Its nights like tonight when I fell ashamed of being Irish :mad:

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    Rabble rabble rabble?

Enjoy your triumphalist moment.
    I will unlikely be here when the error of circumventing well founded principles become clear.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well Denmark might. But the other 25 are fine upstanding representative democracies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I'd say **** Ireland and **** Europe and move to Canada but the North American Union is looming over there so where does one move to?

K-9 wrote: »
    Jaysus, you have a lot of respect for the people who voted No the last time!

Look, no Treaty has ever stated, get your 100,000 jobs here.

It depends on how we use it. We wasted it in the 70's and 80's when we just wanted money out of it, but used it in the 90's, wasted it again in the 00's on coke and hookers rather than developing industry. It will be up to us to use it.

Please insert, bloated public sector salaries paid to corrupt politcians with an absolute disdain for the democratic procees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'll just move to a country that doesn't ask its citizens to vote twice within a year

June '08 - Oct '09?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I'd say **** Ireland and **** Europe and move to Canada but the North American Union is looming over there so where does one move to?
    China? They don't know anything about unions there.

Enjoy your triumphalist moment.
    I will unlikely be here when the error of circumventing well founded principles become clear.

Is that when the lizard people come, microchip our born babies and abort the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Please insert, bloated public sector salaries paid to corrupt politcians with an absolute disdain for the democratic procees.

Obviously 68% of the people, at least, don't believe that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    I think the yes vote proves as a nation we are pathetic. Bullied by conmen using fear and most muppets fell for it. We have only ourselves to blame, the FF mob are STILL running the country and still screwing it up.

Its nights like tonight when I fell ashamed of being Irish :mad:
    Well said Antrim Man,agree with everything you said,we're the laughing stock of Europe tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Dublin1600 wrote: »
    Ireland was forced to vote on the EXACT same treaty until a YES vote was returned, the treaty we voted on was the same treaty word for word. Demoracy in Ireland R.I.P.

Forced? No.

Exact same? No. The only guarantee that was actually needed was the one on the commissioner, the rest where needed because the FUD that idiots like coir spat out last time round.

Democracy dead in Ireland R.I.P? No. You chose to vote. You chose to believe those lies. You got the option to choose because you live in a democracy.

Perfect it ain't. But it's better then the alternative

Advertisement