Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to mark voting cards??

Options
  • 03-10-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Went to the effort yesterday of driving an hour home to were I am registered to vote, went in and ticked the box. Only to be informed in work this morning that unless my vote was marked with an "X" it was spoiled, can anybody confirm this? I cant remember seeing anything on the voting card about having to mark it with an X.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

once theres a determinable mark in one box and not the other the vote is counted apparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Any clear mark will do

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

master-d wrote: »
    I cant remember seeing anything on the voting card about having to mark it with an X.

Perhaps you should have looked on the actual ballot paper then :rolleyes: .. but yes any proper indication in either box will be counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You didn't read the ballot then. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

An X represents incorrect, so I put an X beside Yes to register my No vote :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement