Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 4 thread

• 03-10-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭

Never too early to start this i suppose

Oakland travel to Houston to take on the Texans. After an opening day close game with the divisional rival Chargers, and a second week win at KC, they were blown out in week 3 by the Broncos (a surprise at 3-0). I can see a win for oakland here but it all depends on OFFTHEMarcus Russel not being his useless self I suppose. The ground game and defense will need to carry him and the team to a win, and a 2-2 record after 4 games.

In the other main games, No4 is up against the packers on monday night, the Ravens are at New England, the Chargers are at the 1-2 Steelers, and in the AFC east the Dolphins host the Bills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jackswitzer

I've been reading a lot about Jamarcus Russell and Raiders. Most of it has been quite scathing about him, but Nick Halling (Ok, I know the guy doesn't know everything and he can be a pain in the arse) was of the opinion that the Raiders aren't playing the game to Russell's strengths. Any opinions.

Week 4 Game of the Week is Saints-Jets. It's gonna be great. Also looking forward to Ravens-Patriots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I've been reading a lot about Jamarcus Russell and Raiders. Most of it has been quite scathing about him, but Nick Halling (Ok, I know the guy doesn't know everything and he can be a pain in the arse) was of the opinion that the Raiders aren't playing the game to Russell's strengths. Any opinions.

Week 4 Game of the Week is Saints-Jets. It's gonna be great. Also looking forward to Ravens-Patriots.

Not to be rude, but there's an entire thread related to Jamarcus Russell.

Edit: Sorry, reread that and it did look kind of rude. I was just pointing it out because you might get more feedback on your post there. :)

Edit 2: Saints-Jets??? I think a few million Packer/Viking fans might disagree ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Week 4 Game of the Week is Saints-Jets. It's gonna be great.
    davyjose wrote: »
    Edit 2: Saints-Jets??? I think a few million Packer/Viking fans might disagree ;)

Game of the Week in Pure Footballing Terms: Saints - Jets

Game of the Week for Human Interest Story: Packers - Vikings

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

Looking forward to settle in and watch a bit of Pats, Ravens this evening on sky. Get ready to see Brady get roughed up. Saints Jets should be a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Game of the Week in Pure Footballing Terms: Saints - Jets

Ravens-Pats for me TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Ravens in Gillette is the match of the week in Football terms.
    The Jets in the Superdome is for score junkies!!;)

Bur anybody that loves the game is gonna have to see the Pack face off against its favourite son on Monday night!!
    For anybody that has an opinion...... I think that Green Bay are a much better betting prospect here that the Vikings! You are getting 4 points off the bookies for Green Bay!! Its lunacy I tell ye!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

looking forward to ravens pats and jets saints especially given my eagles are on a bye week

my betting interest this week is the following accumulator

New York Jets (+7.5) @ 10/11
    New England Patriots (-1.0) @ 10/11
    Houston Texans (-8.5) @ 10/11
    Dallas Cowboys (-3.0) @ 11/10
    Miami Dolphins (-1.0)

27/1 give or take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Nice call by Belichick to go for it on 4th down. Paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Big Loss for Ravens Losing Gaither to inujury. Hopefully the big guy is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Just started watching now good play by Patriots. Whats the story with all the pink?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Just started watching now good play by Patriots. Whats the story with all the pink?

its for breast cancer awareness i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Good athleticism by Bodden on that pick, but what was Flacco thinking? Not quite there yet, despite everything.

Peyton Manning playing out of his skin 20/24 248 yards with two Touchdowns.

Third all-time NFL touchdown record someone said? Not bad. He's having a great season. Goes to show though, new head coach, offseason upheaval, lose the receiver you've been throwing to your whole career, it doesn't matter if you're Peyton Manning.

Wow the Ravens are really destroying themselves with stupid penalties. Unsportsmanlike contact on the bench straight after an illegal contact penalty. Both TD drives for the Pats with Roughing the passer. Idiots and im saying this as a Pats fan.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Peyton Manning playing out of his skin 20/24 248 yards with two Touchdowns.

Watching this game. Manning is on fire spreading the ball around the field in true Manning fashion. He is looking good tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Pats D is looking dangerous...

manning rediculous again this week. pretty hes got that int blotting his copybook

That fumble by Brady is why your Left tackle is so important.

That fumble by Brady is why your Left tackle is so important.

brady is pissed hey. perfect 79 yard drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Johnny Knox was some pick up by the Bears, 102 yard return today and another solid receiving performance. Has been very consistant thus far.

themont85 wrote: »
    Johnny Knox was some pick up by the Bears, 102 yard return today and another solid receiving performance. Has been very consistant thus far.

pity i dont get fantasy points for that return though :(

Bengals just can't catch a break. Their kicker just had an XP blocked.

Bengals just can't catch a break. Their kicker just had an XP blocked.

its not about catching a break its about fundamentals. if you dont knock the ball down or down convert pats you dont deserve to win games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Just read on the eagles message board that eli manning went down holding his heal during the KC game. They were saying bruised heal. Your Achilles tendon is in that general area. Even though I'm an Eagle fan wouldnt like to see the guy injured.

D3PO wrote: »
    its not about catching a break its about fundamentals. if you dont knock the ball down or down convert pats you dont deserve to win games

Yeah but the chances of missing a PAT in that situation are pretty low I'd imagine. Close to 5/10%.

D3PO wrote: »
    pity i dont get fantasy points for that return though :(

Yeah when I saw he'd done that at half-time I was just thinking "damn, he's going to be tired now".

Yeah but the chances of missing a PAT in that situation are pretty low I'd imagine. Close to 5/10%.

Hence why it goes back to fundamentals.

Slow/bad Snap
    Bad Hold
    Bad Kick

And looking at the Vid it was a bad kick. He didnt get underneath it enough.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81320545/Browns-blocked-it

EDIT: just realised you were talking about PAT but again the point above covers it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813228fd/Rogers-saves-the-day

BAd snap on the PAT.

That might be the flukiest touchdown by a 49er I've seen in some time. Don't know what the punt returner was thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Another great day for Russell and OAK in general. No ground game today to speak of. 12/33 for under 150 yards and no TDs is shocking. HOW LONG WILL THIS LAST?

Advertisement