Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 4 thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hazys wrote: »
    The only thing he did, was entertain the idea of trading for Cassel

Which was a profoundly stupid thing to do. Not only because it unsettled Cutler, not only because he was foolish to think that Cutler would go to Detroit or Tampa Bay, not only because he was willing to trade a talented QB for an overrated one, but mainly because he allowed it all to happen in the public eye.
    Say what you want about Cutler (and the guy is his own worst enemy). But MacDaniels' poor management (great coach /= great manager) has cost the Bronco's IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

If the broncos win more than 1 of their next 4 games i would be impressed. So far they have lucksacked a win against the bengals, beat perhaps the worst 2 teams in the nfl and squeaked out a win at home against the cowboys.

Their next 4 games are v pats, @ chargers, @ravens and v steelers. I cant see them coming out of those 4 games better than 5-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

davyjose wrote: »
    Which was a profoundly stupid thing to do. Not only because it unsettled Cutler, not only because he was foolish to think that Cutler would go to Detroit or Tampa Bay, not only because he was willing to trade a talented QB for an overrated one, but mainly because he allowed it all to happen in the public eye.
    Say what you want about Cutler (and the guy is his own worst enemy). But MacDaniels' poor management (great coach /= great manager) has cost the Bronco's IMO.

Yes it was a mistake but Cutler had already made rumblings in the offseason about leaving before the Cassel trade talk, then he threw the mother of all hissy fits to force his way out.

He refused to accept or return phone calls from the GM, McDaniels made several attempts to offer an olive branch and apologise but Culter was so 'deeply hurt' by the Cassel trade talk, he could never work with McDaniels...gimme a break, Culter acted like a prick to get out of town.

Id say 10% McDaniels fault for entertaining the trade talk and 90% Culter's fault for being an ahole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I never read anything form cutler or his agent prior to the cassell incident indicating he wanted to move from denver.

got a link ?

McDaniels came in made out that cutler was his #1 then went behind his back to get traded. Then he came out and said they might look for a QB in the draft. If I was Cutler i would throw a hissy to get out aswell, not becasue the relationship would be beyond repair, but becasue if the HC doesnt have confidence in you prior to throwing a pass do you really want to stick around and possible end up getting benched ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

D3PO wrote: »
    I never read anything form cutler or his agent prior to the cassell incident indicating he wanted to move from denver.

got a link ?

McDaniels came in made out that cutler was his #1 then went behind his back to get traded. Then he came out and said they might look for a QB in the draft. If I was Cutler i would throw a hissy to get out aswell, not becasue the relationship would be beyond repair, but becasue if the HC doesnt have confidence in you prior to throwing a pass do you really want to stick around and possible end up getting benched ?

He was unhappy with Shanahan leaving:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/18961567/detail.html

Not a good way to start with a new coach if you are upset the last one left.

Not sure that it was that he was unhappy. He just wanted assurances from the owner now given McDaneils had been critical of Cutler in the press before he was a Bronco its not too hard to understand why he wanted those assurances. He was told the offensive coaching team would be kept in place by the owner.

That didnt happen. (or at least both have conflicting views on it we dont really know the truth)

then he hears hes trade bait without any discussion with him or his agent.

Would you really want to stick around ? I know I wouldnt

He was unhappy with Shanahan leaving:

Not a good way to start with a new coach if you are upset the last one left.

Or you can look at it the other way - losing a head coach is tough (Even Manning was voicing concerns over the summer in Indy), and if cutler was hurt by this, to then be the subject of trade talks would be enough to p!ss anyone off.

Did Cutler overreact? Yeah he did. But McDaniels sauntered in, as subtle as a brick, and ultimately he upset his own player(s).

Again look at Indy, where they've done everything to make a seamless transition between coaches. Could you imagine Caldwell coming in and whispering about trading their best player??? :eek: That puts into light, for me, how much of a clown Josh McDaniels is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Chicago Bears handed the Detroit Lions the 1st loss of their next losing streak.
    No surprise there....:rolleyes:

got a link ?

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/03/02/king-cutler-had-already-asked-to-be-traded/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/01/freeagency/index.html

"I heard one other interesting thing Sunday: Cutler asked for a trade shortly after the Broncos lost offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates -- Cutler's confidant -- to USC after the season."

"Bus Cook, Cutler's agent, said on Monday that "Jay was disappointed in the firing of Mike Shanahan and met with the owner. The owner assured him everything would be fine. The owner said he had the second-best offense in football and would leave the offensive staff intact. Jay was good with that. Then he hires an offensive coach who gets rid of the staff."

So his issue had nothing to do with the Cassel rumours, and his agent's obmission confirms the unrest began before McDaniels was even the coach.

If you were McDaniels and you had a QB who you knew didnt want to stay, would you not at least listen to teams offering you your old QB?

The more i look at the evidence i retract that McDaniels was 10% of the fault...Cutler is just a prick. He manipulted the Cassel trade talk situation to push his way out, putting the blame on McDaniels for forcing him out and he had no other choice to leave his beloved Broncos. He acted like a child refusing to meet with McDaniels, saying its all McDaniels fault, puting all the Bronco fan hate on McDaniels while not telling the truth of his motives.

• Advertisement

Not sure that it was that he was unhappy. He just wanted assurances from the owner now given McDaneils had been critical of Cutler in the press before he was a Bronco its not too hard to understand why he wanted those assurances. He was told the offensive coaching team would be kept in place by the owner.

That didnt happen. (or at least both have conflicting views on it we dont really know the truth)

then he hears hes trade bait without any discussion with him or his agent.

Would you really want to stick around ? I know I wouldnt

Nope he was unhappy. There was some better articles out there but I cant find them. In fact Schefter or one of those guys did a good article on it when it happened. Even after meeting the GM he was still disgruntled.

The more i look at the evidence i retract that McDaniels was 10% of the fault...Cutler is just a prick. He manipulted the Cassel trade talk situation to push his way out, putting the blame on McDaniels for forcing him out and he had no other choice to leave his beloved Broncos. He acted like a child refusing to meet with McDaniels, saying its all McDaniels fault, puting all the Bronco fan hate on McDaniels while not telling the truth of his motives.

I'm not sure Cutler wanted to leave Denver. To go where? The Detroit Lions? That's what was being put on the table. The Bronco's had the makings of a very strong team. A franchise was being built around him. Why would he want to throw that away?

I'm not sure Cutler wanted to leave Denver. To go where? The Detroit Lions? That's what was being put on the table. The Bronco's had the makings of a very strong team. A franchise was being built around him. Why would he want to throw that away?

But he did.

Yes they had a good team, a strong offense and along with that he was getting an excellant QB coach in McDaniels who could have turned him from a good QB into great QB...imo Culter is an idiot.

My biggest issue here is how he lied and let McDaniels be lead out to be the bad guy in this situation instead of coming clean. Even after the trade he was still saying he was schocked that he was traded and he would miss Bronco nation...what BS.

See the problem here is that as much as a prick both McDaniels and Cutler have been acting who was right and who was wrong? McDaniels got what he wanted and has given Denver a great start to the season and Denver are getting the best out of Orton. Now there is harmony to some extent back in Denver and their fans are slowly letting McDaniels do his job. Cutler was always a major prick even before McDaniels anyway. Kid has an attitude problem and it wasnt the first time he whined like a baby. Simple fact life moves on and the only tool now to come out of it is Cutler. Whether you like the head coach or not you have no choice but to go along and do as he says or find a different team and even Marshall has realised that.

See the problem here is that as much as a prick both McDaniels and Cutler have been acting who was right and who was wrong? McDaniels got what he wanted and has given Denver a great start to the season and Denver are getting the best out of Orton. Now there is harmony to some extent back in Denver and their fans are slowly letting McDaniels do his job. Cutler was always a major prick even before McDaniels anyway. Kid has an attitude problem and it wasnt the first time he whined like a baby. Simple fact life moves on and the only tool now to come out of it is Cutler. Whether you like the head coach or not you have no choice but to go along and do as he says or find a different team and even Marshall has realised that.

But whatever about Cutler, who may well succeed at Chicago some day, the Broncos are not going to be as strong as they otherwise would have.
    An improved defense, with Cutler and McDaniels (in harmony) would have been an immense proposition. They'll be 4-4 in a month IMO, and that wouldn't have been the case with Cutler.

It worked out for both parties in the end.

Culter got what he wanted.

McDaniels got Orton a decent QB, 2x 1st round picks and a third round pick.

The whole situation lowered my opinion of Culter but anyway back to the thread at hand; Week 4.

Pats played well and were lucky in the end. I think we vastly improved on last weeks special teams performance especially on kickoff coverage, I dont think the Ravens returner got past the 25yrd line on returns unlike the Jets game where every return went past the 30rd line at least.

Offense played well, but still getting towards 100%.

I was shocked to see that we had a pass rush! Defense was good in all positions DL, LB and DBs. I couldnt believe the Pats were willing to let Mike Wright go in the offseason and im sure they dont regret keeping him now. Also Merriweather is a beast...he'll be on the plane to Hawaii at the end of the season.

• Advertisement

he'll be on the plan to Hawaii at the end of the season.

He might catch the Probowl on telly so... :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :pac:

But whatever about Cutler, who may well succeed at Chicago some day, the Broncos are not going to be as strong as they otherwise would have.
    An improved defense, with Cutler and McDaniels (in harmony) would have been an immense proposition. They'll be 4-4 in a month IMO, and that wouldn't have been the case with Cutler.

So wait you are going to throw Denver under a bus already just like Denver fans even before McDaniels is 1 season under his belt. Isnt that what head coaches are for? To develop the team and make them better. Sure they might go 4-4 in a month but McDaniels needs to be given time to develop them and make them better. This impatience that has come into the NFL is madness.

Sep.13 at Cincinnati Paul Brown Stadium W
    Sep.20 VS. CLEVELAND INVESCO Field at Mile High W
    Sep.27 at Oakland McAfee Coliseum W
    Oct. 4 VS. DALLAS INVESCO Field at Mile HighW
    Oct.11 VS. NEW ENGLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High L
    Oct.19 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium L
    Nov. 1 at Baltimore M&T Bank Stadium L
    Nov. 9 VS. PITTSBURGH INVESCO Field at Mile High W
    Nov.15 at Washington FedEx Field W
    Nov.22 VS. SAN DIEGO INVESCO Field at Mile High W
    Nov.26 VS. NEW YORK INVESCO Field at Mile High L
    Dec. 6 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium W
    Dec.13 at Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium L
    Dec.20 VS. OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High W
    Dec.27 at Philadelphia Lincoln Financial Field Sun W
    Jan. 3 VS. KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High W

I predict them with an 11-5 record this season and to be honest with you some of those games I have them down to lose they can win.

With the team they have now and a good draft next season the Broncos have the making of a quality team. So lets not be quick to throw McDaniels under a bus just yet.

but McDaniels needs to be given time to develop them and make them better.

I agree, but my point is, McDaniels made them worse first.

Edit: and I see 8-8 from that. I don't see a win against the Steelers, Eagles, or Chargers TBH. Maybe 9-7

I agree, but my point is, McDaniels made them worse first.

Tell me again how they have gotton worse? What has Cutler done for the Broncos so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Guys at the end of the day, a NFL quarterback has to have an ego to succeed and to be the best. Could you imagine when the Colts canned Jim Mora, Tony Dungy considered a trade for another QB in order to strengthen the overall team with draft picks or whatever and Peyton found out? Remember at this point, Manning was like Cutler-put up huge numbers and has bags of potential but has achieved nothing-largely at the fault of other areas of the team namely the defense.

At the conclusion of last year most people blamed the Broncos horrendus defense and unfotunate conveyor belt of running backs to heap all the team on Cutler and his receivers and effectively destroy the team's hopes. People were saying-if they can tune the defense up a couple of notches this is a Superbowl team. Then the owner rips it apart and starts again. Of course the QB is worried when the two main sticks he gravitated too were gone and a guy who had openly criticised him came in. Add to this he actively considers trading him and what do you expect? Cutler has an ego just like every other QB and believes he can be the best-at the conclusion of last year himself along with Eli/Rivers were on the high road to taking over from Brady/Manning as the best QB around in a couple of years. I doubt Peyton would have been pleased if Dungy had done what McDaniels did back in 01.

Young QBs can ship a lot of criticism. Peyton did a few back for apparently 'choking' in the playoffs. New York media and fans wanted Eli out. One thing that remained steady for them was the coaches faith in them. While Coughlin would give Eli filthies he didn't go and bench him or openly try and trade him.

At the moment the Broncos are decent but have had the easiest schedule. Mike Nolan has fixed a lot of their problems on defence. Make no mistake about this though-Orton is no Cutler. Orton doesn't make many mistakes and is a leader but he is not a QB for 10 years like Cutler is. His arm is very average. Look at the reception by Marshell for the winning TD, crappy throw and he makes a great great play. Orton has none of the mobility of a Cutler, at the moment he has far superior receivers but two years down the line I wonder who will be in better shape if Orton remains at number 1 in Denver.

• Advertisement

Tell me again how they have gotton worse? What has Cutler done for the Broncos so far?

Ah come on!!!! I think anyone with a vague interest in the game knows that Cutler is a better QB than Orton, so we won't insult each other's intelligence.

themont85 wrote: »
    Guys at the end of the day, a NFL quarterback has to have an ego to succeed and to be the best.

Your whole post was ruined by this rubbish. There is confindence and being a leader but an ego is not needed. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, 3 example of guys who dont have massive egos and act like children. Cutlers ego, Rivers ego to name a few are ridiculous and they dont have to act like children because they are good QBs. If they toned it down they would be respected more and would still be good QBs.

Ah come on!!!! I think anyone with a vague interest in the game knows that Cutler is a better QB than Orton, so we won't insult each other's intelligence.

You said he made the Broncos Worse. Worse than what? This isnt about who is a better QB because we both know Cutler is. But how has he made the Broncos worse? Right now they are 4-0 and Orton has nothing to prove as Cutler has done what exactly for the Broncos so far?

Your whole post was ruined by this rubbish. There is confindence and being a leader but an ego is not needed. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, 3 example of guys who dont have massive egos and act like children. Cutlers ego, Rivers ego to name a few are ridiculous and they dont have to act like children because they are good QBs. If they toned it down they would be respected more and would still be good QBs.

Read my last post on the previous page. I've said all along that Cutler played his part in the fiasco. but when a coach comes in and starts rocking the boat, IMO, that's poor management. The Broncos weren't the finished article, but if it ain't broke don't fix it, and JMcD tried to do that.

You said he made the Broncos Worse. Worse than what? This isnt about who is a better QB because we both know Cutler is. But how has he made the Broncos worse? Right now they are 4-0 and Orton has nothing to prove as Cutler has done what exactly for the Broncos so far?

He made the most important position on the field - his area of expertise - worse. He may have a good team, but he could have had the exact same team, but with a better QB.

Read my last post on the previous page. I've said all along that Cutler played his part in the fiasco. but when a coach comes in and starts rocking the boat, IMO, that's poor management. The Broncos weren't the finished article, but if it ain't broke don't fix it, and JMcD tried to do that.

You quoted the wrong thing. But yet again how are they any worse than they were before? How many average QBs have taken their team to the bowl unexpectedly because everyone believed in his system and played his way. It all about good coaching and yes JMD rocked the boat and probably shouldnt but they hired him to do his job he did it people complained Cutler bitched and left and they are now 4-0 with Orton so I ask you again how are they worse? Unless you can see into the future with both outcomes of what would have been with Culer or now with Orton how can you say they are worse?

Look I dont know the future but right now they are no worse under his guidance than previous years with Orton as a QB. The team is performing as a unit and the system JMD is using seems to be working.

Your telling me they don't have egos? Seriousely. People don't like Rivers and Cutler because they are the typical jock quarterback who aren't afraid to jaw off. Are you telling me that Brady didn't really want to beat Manning's 49 TD record in 2008? Are you telling me that when people questioned Manning's clutch against Brady and his championships that didn't eat at him? They all look at the stats and rivals ones, all are competative and this also involves having the team behind them. Cutler and Rivers are different types, they have a real rivalry between the two which I like and find refreshing from the clichéd answers we sometimes get.

You quoted the wrong thing. But yet again how are they any worse than they were before? How many average QBs have taken their team to the bowl unexpectedly because everyone believed in his system and played his way. It all about good coaching and yes JMD rocked the boat and probably shouldnt but they hired him to do his job he did it people complained Cutler bitched and left and they are now 4-0 with Orton so I ask you again how are they worse? Unless you can see into the future with both outcomes of what would have been with Culer or now with Orton how can you say they are worse?

Look I dont know the future but right now they are no worse under his guidance than previous years with Orton as a QB. The team is performing as a unit and the system JMD is using seems to be working.

Ravens in 2000, Buccs in 2002 and arguably McMahon with the '85 Bears are the only ones I really remember. Denver's D ain't in the same league as those.

Your telling me they don't have egos? Seriousely. People don't like Rivers and Cutler because they are the typical jock quarterback who aren't afraid to jaw off. Are you telling me that Brady didn't really want to beat Manning's 49 TD record in 2008? Are you telling me that when people questioned Manning's clutch against Brady and his championships that didn't eat at him? They all look at the stats and rivals ones, all are competative and this also involves having the team behind them. Cutler and Rivers are different types, they have a real rivalry between the two which I like and find refreshing from the clichéd answers we sometimes get.

I never said they dont have egos. They dont have the massive ego and child like behaviour that Rivers and Cutler have. Rivers and Cutler are clowns but good QBs and their attitudes are really not called for as they should let their abilities talk for them.

And that is the difference with Manning and Brady and Brees. They dont need to mouth off to the press or each other. They do their talking on the field simple as. And that is why they are the best. Sure Manning and Brady are huge rivals but have you ever seen them mouth off at each other? No they dont need to as they use their abilities to do the talking.

He might catch the Probowl on telly so... :D

Sorry, couldn't resist changing your quote to add a typo to make this joke. :pac:

Also Peyton Manning and the Colts suck...I'm secretly a Tom Brady fan

You were quick...a little too quick as i had already edited the typo before Boards says it was edited and u had posted.

I should have said nothing but it would have made you look crazy for quoting somebody only to add a typo to their quote to make a joke!!! :D

• Advertisement

I never said they dont have egos. They dont have the massive ego and child like behaviour that Rivers and Cutler have. Rivers and Cutler are clowns but good QBs and their attitudes are really not called for as they should let their abilities talk for them.

And that is the difference with Manning and Brady and Brees. They dont need to mouth off to the press or each other. They do their talking on the field simple as. And that is why they are the best. Sure Manning and Brady are huge rivals but have you ever seen them mouth off at each other? No they dont need to as they use their abilities to do the talking.

What about Steve Young? Hall of Fame QB and he was prone to the odd media bit of arrogance or being angered by being benched. He was a winner though. He had the fullest belief in himself.

I've seen Manning looking sulky after a playoff loss. I have never seen him bad mouth a team mate and he is the prototypical QB in attitude and preperation. By the same token I don't remember Cutler or Rivers bad mouthing teammates either-yes they have looked dissapointed and sulky at a bad performance by themselves or whatever but that is to me a good sign. They want to win. They have trash talked each other but not everybody is Peyton Manning. There has been attitude for years in rivalries and mouthing off-Steelers-raiders, 49ers-Cowboys ect. I don't see the problem in it.

Remember manning and Brady have had the fullest support since they exhibited true NFL potential-Cutler has exhibited this and then has had his new coach try and can him-that is the reality of the situation.

What about Steve Young? Hall of Fame QB and he was prone to the odd media bit of arrogance or being angered by being benched. He was a winner though. He had the fullest belief in himself.

I've seen Manning looking sulky after a playoff loss. I have never seen him bad mouth a team mate and he is the prototypical QB in attitude and preperation. By the same token I don't remember Cutler or Rivers bad mouthing teammates either-yes they have looked dissapointed and sulky at a bad performance by themselves or whatever but that is to me a good sign. They want to win. They have trash talked each other but not everybody is Peyton Manning. There has been attitude for years in rivalries and mouthing off-Steelers-raiders, 49ers-Cowboys ect. I don't see the problem in it.

Remember manning and Brady have had the fullest support since they exhibited true NFL potential-Cutler has exhibited this and then has had his new coach try and can him-that is the reality of the situation.

To end my contribution to this as its clear no matter my opinion or yours they will clash. I dont care for McDaniels or Cutler but what I do believe in is the system and at the end of it both were asholes in the whole episode but Cutler has had his attitude problem going back to his college days. I always like him as a QB even going back to his Vandy days but he always had a mouth and in fact alot of scouts didnt like this side to him. In saying that I dont care much for him anymore. Manning and Brady and Brees and others like them show you dont have to go down the cocky open your mouth every minute type ego to succeed.

The sad part about the whole thing is that the Broncos are on a roll and their system is working. Ask yourself this if the Broncos made the bowl what do you think people will say then about Orton, Cutler and JMD? :D

To end my contribution to this as its clear no matter my opinion or yours they will clash. I dont care for McDaniels or Cutler but what I do believe in is the system and at the end of it both were asholes in the whole episode but Cutler has had his attitude problem going back to his college days. I always like him as a QB even going back to his Vandy days but he always had a mouth and in fact alot of scouts didnt like this side to him. In saying that I dont care much for him anymore. Manning and Brady and Brees and others like them show you dont have to go down the cocky open your mouth every minute type ego to succeed.

The sad part about the whole thing is that the Broncos are on a roll and their system is working. Ask yourself this if the Broncos made the bowl what do you think people will say then about Orton, Cutler and JMD? :D

Well that depends...they could face the Bears and Cutler and then all bets are off!

It worked out for both parties in the end.

Culter got what he wanted.

McDaniels got Orton a decent QB, 2x 1st round picks and a third round pick.

dont forget the bears basically got Knox out of the deal aswell. Not bad for a fifth round pick hey !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

With respect to the fact that Cutler is a more gifted quarterback than Orton, the job of a head coach is to put a team in a position to win a championship, and I think some of you are looking at this in too short-term a fashion.

Maybe by losing Cutler this year, they're less immediately talented on paper. But if McDaniels foresees trouble with the guy, then they're gaining by getting rid of him. Simply because the decision is made, McDaniels is the coach, and you have to let him implement his system and run things the way he wants to.

The reason the Colts had such a smooth transition is because Peyton Manning is essentially his own coach at this point. Cutler's clearly not that guy. If he hadn't gone, we could be sitting here now talking about how Cutler was throwing cups of Gatorade on the sideline and cussing out his coach, who knows?

At 4-0, nobody should be going under the bus yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Karlusss wrote: »
    With respect to the fact that Cutler is a more gifted quarterback than Orton, the job of a head coach is to put a team in a position to win a championship, and I think some of you are looking at this in too short-term a fashion.

Maybe by losing Cutler this year, they're less immediately talented on paper. But if McDaniels foresees trouble with the guy, then they're gaining by getting rid of him. Simply because the decision is made, McDaniels is the coach, and you have to let him implement his system and run things the way he wants to.

The reason the Colts had such a smooth transition is because Peyton Manning is essentially his own coach at this point. Cutler's clearly not that guy. If he hadn't gone, we could be sitting here now talking about how Cutler was throwing cups of Gatorade on the sideline and cussing out his coach, who knows?

At 4-0, nobody should be going under the bus yet.
    There is two sides to every story and imo Josh showed a lot of inexperience going behind his QBs back and trying to engineer a trade. Unless you are certain its going to work out its a bad move.
    All this talk of Cutler having a history of mouthing off is rubbish. The guy has been very quiet since he arrived in Denver up until that incident.

As has been said they are going to meet later on this season but even one game is not going to decide if it was a good move or not. So far Denver have made a dream start but truth be told they haven't met much yet and a very lucky play got them a win over the Bengals in week one.

Their next four games are at home to the Patriots, at San Diego, at Baltimore and home to the Steelers. At that stage we will know what they and particularly Kyle Orton are made of.

eagle eye wrote: »
    All this talk of Cutler having a history of mouthing off is rubbish. The guy has been very quiet since he arrived in Denver up until that incident.

So basically you are saying his attitude is a recent thing? Come eagle eye I would have thought better of you.

Fact is some of his team mates in Vandy said he was a star others said he was whiney. Same for Denver some said he was whiney some say he wasnt. But the mothing off can I cast your mind back to the spat with Rivers? If thats not mouthing off then what is?

This debate is another never to be resolved type of debate with neither side budging on opinion.:D

I will leave you with this though

http://www.stadiumdrives.com/2009-articles/september/cut-it-out.html

Leaving all that aside, I'm watching Brett Favre and he is just incredible tonight. I'll put up numbers at the end of the game, but they are really sweet already.

Leaving all that aside, I'm watching Brett Favre and he is just incredible tonight. I'll put up numbers at the end of the game, but they are really sweet already.

So far 12.53 left 259 PaYd, 3 PaTD

He is looking like the young Brett Favre. Magical.

• Advertisement

So far 12.53 left 259 PaYd, 3 PaTD

He is looking like the young Brett Favre. Magical.

Finished with 24/31 271 3TD

Rodgers also had a career high 384 yds 26/37 2TD and 1int

What a game sets up the return game nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Favre with yet another record.... he is now the only player ever to have beaten all 32 teams in the NFL.

Now that is a record to be remembered for! (as he put it)

I know there will be naysayers but .... Jared Allen got 4.5 sacks which is worthy of a mention. Not to mention another safety against the Packers.

Forget the naysayers, the Vikings are 4-0 and they wouldn't have been without Brett Favre tonight as the Packers did very well against the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

very entertaining game, rarely do these type of matchups live up to the hype but this one hit the nail on the head.

One more thing to add. When I made my season predictions Brett Favre looked like he was not signing for the Vikings. I have to say at this stage the Vikings look like the no.1 team in the NFC or at least tied for it with the Giants, just ahead of the Saints. Three fantastic teams, but the Viks and Giants have such good defenses that I think they are ahead of the Saints.

On the other side, I think that the Patriots are the best team in the AFC and also the team that will improve the most as the season goes on. The Colts(especially Peyton Manning) have been impressive so far also, but I just feel that their weakness against the run will see them lose to other top teams. While they beat Miami, they spent a lot of time off the field because of that weakness and against better teams there would have been no way back even with Manning in such sparkling form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

Orton is not a decent QB. He isnt even in the top 15 of starting QBs in the league at the moment. He will be found out soon enough.

• Advertisement

Favre is the man. I love seeing him reply to all the naysayers in this way. The vikes are big-time Bowl contenders, and that's because of the addition of a quality QB.
    On the other side, I think that the Patriots are the best team in the AFC
    Seriously? i understand you're a fan, and they might yet win it all (and it was a great W against the Ravens). But right now the Colts are the best team in the AFC. That's just the fact of the matter --- 4-0 baby ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Vikings wrote: »
    Favre with yet another record.... he is now the only player ever to have beaten all 32 teams in the NFL.

He also has a tradition of owning the Niners throughout his career. His record against us including the postseason is 12-2:(

Didn't see the game so only going by highlights but while Favre will get all the praise and rightly so the Vikings pass rush looked superb especially Jared Allen.

Si Conando wrote: »
    Orton is not a decent QB. He isnt even in the top 15 of starting QBs in the league at the moment. He will be found out soon enough.

:rolleyes:

One more thing to add. When I made my season predictions Brett Favre looked like he was not signing for the Vikings. I have to say at this stage the Vikings look like the no.1 team in the NFC or at least tied for it with the Giants, just ahead of the Saints. Three fantastic teams, but the Viks and Giants have such good defenses that I think they are ahead of the Saints.

On the other side, I think that the Patriots are the best team in the AFC and also the team that will improve the most as the season goes on. The Colts(especially Peyton Manning) have been impressive so far also, but I just feel that their weakness against the run will see them lose to other top teams. While they beat Miami, they spent a lot of time off the field because of that weakness and against better teams there would have been no way back even with Manning in such sparkling form.

No love for the 49ers? Singletary has built a mean team. Maybe not this year but I can see this team being a real nuisance come playoff time.

Anyone read Peter King? His man love for Peyton jumps off the page, reckons he will destroy the TDs record in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

No love for the 49ers? Singletary has built a mean team. Maybe not this year but I can see this team being a real nuisance come playoff time.

Anyone read Peter King? His man love for Peyton jumps off the page, reckons he will destroy the TDs record in time.

Agreed. For the first time in a while I'm just excited with the direction the 9ers are heading and I can't remember the last time that I've felt so much confidence in our head coach. That Defense for me has exceeded expectations.

As for Peter King i haven't looked at his column in ages

• Advertisement
Advertisement