Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 4 thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Si Conando wrote: »
    Orton is not a decent QB. He isnt even in the top 15 of starting QBs in the league at the moment. He will be found out soon enough.

Denver Broncos 2008 Record with future Hall of Fame Coach and "decent" QB: 8-8, no playoffs.

Denver Broncos 2009 Record after Week 4: 4-0

One thing matters in the NFL. Winning games of football. If he's "not a decent QB", he's doing a good job of hiding it, because they're unbeaten and he hasn't thrown a pass to the other team yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Si Conando wrote: »
    Orton is not a decent QB. He isnt even in the top 15 of starting QBs in the league at the moment. He will be found out soon enough.

Rubbish.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/#passing

Read that.

He's got 6 TD's with no INTs.

The only thing keeping him out of the upper echelon of "decent" quarterbacks is the fact that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rogers, Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger all live up there.

Another thing is that he's got a lower avg. of passing yards a game. Just because he doesn't put up Drew Brees type of numbers and won't get noticed, doesn't make him a bad passer.

If the Broncos collapse Orton could swing but at the moment they're 4-0. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

davyjose wrote: »
    Favre is the man. I love seeing him reply to all the naysayers in this way. The vikes are big-time Bowl contenders, and that's because of the addition of a quality QB.

Seriously? i understand you're a fan, and they might yet win it all (and it was a great W against the Ravens). But right now the Colts are the best team in the AFC. That's just the fact of the matter --- 4-0 baby ;)
    Lets look a little deeper into that 4-0. You have beaten 4 teams that have a total of 5 wins between them. We are 3-1 and have played teams with a total of 9 wins between them.

Every team the Patriots have played this season were unbeaten when they played them and that continues next week when we meet the Broncos.

Baltimore were rated the no.1 team in the nation before Sunday by most sportswriters.

Basically the Colts are a passing team and no.1 at the moment in that category. We lie 5th as Brady shakes the rust off and we will improve every week, thats guaranteed. And lets be fair Brady and our OL had a stinker against the Jets and still only lost by 7 points.
    Lets look at you guys running the ball, you are a lowly 29th in that category.
    But its against the run where there is a glaring hole. You have given up an average of 106 yards per game and already 4 tds this season and you haven't met a serious team yet.
    We are ahead of you in every team category except for passing and thats only because Brady is still finding his feet but having watched all the Patriots games so far its clear he is getting better and better by the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lets look a little deeper into that 4-0. You have beaten 4 teams that have a total of 5 wins between them. We are 3-1 and have played teams with a total of 9 wins between them.

Every team the Patriots have played this season were unbeaten when they played them and that continues next week when we meet the Broncos.

Baltimore were rated the no.1 team in the nation before Sunday by most sportswriters.

Basically the Colts are a passing team and no.1 at the moment in that category. We lie 5th as Brady shakes the rust off and we will improve every week, thats guaranteed. And lets be fair Brady and our OL had a stinker against the Jets and still only lost by 7 points.
    Lets look at you guys running the ball, you are a lowly 29th in that category.
    But its against the run where there is a glaring hole. You have given up an average of 106 yards per game and already 4 tds this season and you haven't met a serious team yet.
    We are ahead of you in every team category except for passing and thats only because Brady is still finding his feet but having watched all the Patriots games so far its clear he is getting better and better by the week.

gotta stop you there Eagle Eye, we're joint 5th for points allowed, so don't be fooled by the defense. We don't have a great run defense admittedly, but it was the Wildcat against Miami that we gave up so many yards. Our other 3 games have been an improvement on last year - and that's without our best safety, who's due back.
    We might not have a great running game, but we still have the most yards/game in the league. And c'mon, it's not as if having a dominant passing game is a hindrance (we've as many rushing TD's as you)

Of the easy teams we've beaten .... eh, AFC EAST champs, and Superbowl finalists??? You guys got lucky against the Bills ... I mean the point here is, you can only beat what's put in front of you. We've done that, and are as good as our record suggests.

gotta stop you there Eagle Eye, we're joint 5th for points allowed, so don't be fooled by the defense. We don't have a great run defense admittedly, but it was the Wildcat against Miami that we gave up so many yards. Our other 3 games have been an improvement on last year - and that's without our best safety, who's due back.
    We might not have a great running game, but we still have the most yards/game in the league. And c'mon, it's not as if having a dominant passing game is a hindrance (we've as many rushing TD's as you)

Of the easy teams we've beaten .... eh, AFC EAST champs, and Superbowl finalists??? You guys got lucky against the Bills ... I mean the point here is, you can only beat what's put in front of you. We've done that, and are as good as our record suggests.
    I'm not dishing the Colts by any means, I have them second in the AFC. I just feel the Patriots are a better side. We are stronger in every category bar passing the ball and its only a matter of time before we match you in that category. Wes Welker is only back now, Tom Brady is improving all the time. Also on the teams we have face so far, I feel we have faced a much stronger bunch that you guys. I'm not saying its not close either, I just feel the Colts are not ready to take on the elite teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

How either of you can say who has the better team after 4 games is beyond me. I suppose its a matter of opinion really but who can tell this early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

How either of you can say who has the better team after 4 games is beyond me. I suppose its a matter of opinion really but who can tell this early?

spot on. its far to early to tell. the brady hype seems to be playing a factor here !!

pats are good but only time will tell how good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Looks like McDaniels handled the Marshall situation too well http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/06/the-hug-heard-around-the-league/

Too much bromance but its nice to see they worked things out.

We are stronger in every category bar passing the ball
    And points allowed ... two very important categories.
    I just feel the Colts are not ready to take on the elite teams.
    :rolleyes: I would have considered the team with the best reg season record this decade to be one of the elite teams. Who are we not ready to face?

And points allowed ... two very important categories.
    :rolleyes: I would have considered the team with the best reg season record this decade to be one of the elite teams. Who are we not ready to face?
    We play each other in a couple of weeks, lets just wait until then.

• Advertisement

We play each other in a couple of weeks, lets just wait until then.

Game on :)

Advertisement