Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sound from pc after XP install

• 03-10-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

I resinstalled XP on my PC, and there is no sound coming from it. Have had no audio problems before.

the error is 0xC00D11BA: Cannot play the file
    • Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that may be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again.
    • Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation.
    • You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device, and then try to play the file again.
    It looks like there is an issue with the drivers on my motherboard which is
    ASUS S775 Intel P965 ATX Audio Lan. Went on the website to get drivers but cant find the model.

I have a video card SAPPHIRE Radeon X1650 PRO 512MB AGP8x and videos play fine but without the audio.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Visit http://www.windowsupdate.com and select "Custom" instead of Express Install. After it loads,you should see Hardware option on the left hand side menu, perhaps it'll be Hardware (x) where X is the number of updates available. Click hardware and see if there's a sound driver in there, check the box and go to the menu option Install/Review Updates to install them.

Failing that, there's no real details on your motherboard, we need a model number to point you in the direction of the correct drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah that'd be it, you didn't install your sound card drivers. You need to get them reinstalled but without knowing what chipset you have it'd be difficult to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

How do i get the motherboard model number or the chipset of the board. Would i need to open u PC to find out?

Advertisement