Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who stays down at the weekend?

• 03-10-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

For those of you that stay down at the weekend, we should do something. It gets fairly quiet down in Plassey. I don't feel like treking home to Dublin every weekend so if anyones up for something, shout. It could be anything, anything at all. Just to kill the monatony.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ni ni

I stay here and i'm always bored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm around each weekends, as is DJCR.

Ninty9er is always about the place.
    IDPlease, B.A.Baracus, and PucaMor [mainly lurkers] are around too.

Petee claims to want to be around, but regularly fecks off somewhere else on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭52paddy

ni ni wrote: »
    I stay here and i'm always bored!
    Mossin wrote:

Petee claims to want to be around, but regularly fecks off somewhere else on us!

Any ideas for stuff to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Tbh, during the day I'm gonna be in the library :(
    This masters is a lot more work than the 4 years I spent doing my undergrad degree here.

But for ideas, you could go to the cinema, go crazy golf [something I'm yet to do actually], go bowling, meet for drinks in the stables on a friday/saturday night...

Have a BBQ, watch sports on tv, go to a match in Thomond Park [limited no of games], have an X-Box/PS night in someones house, I dunno really..

Mossin wrote: »
    Tbh, during the day I'm gonna be in the library :(
    This masters is a lot more work than the 4 years I spent doing my undergrad degree here.

But for ideas, you could go to the cinema, go crazy golf [something I'm yet to do actually], go bowling, meet for drinks in the stables on a friday/saturday night...

Have a BBQ, watch sports on tv, go to a match in Thomond Park [limited no of games], have an X-Box/PS night in someones house, I dunno really..

Ah that's fair enough man! Best of luck with your studies. Its easy for me to propose 'time fillers' because I'm only in 1st year.

Nice ideas if I can find a few people though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

join a club or two and go on one of their numerous weekend trips

windsurf club goes away regularly and its dirt cheap

skydive club goes to the dropzone most weekends

edit even joining the club s will help you meet more people who might be in the same boat as you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

^that.

OPC do things every weekend too, some of which involve just walking:)

sceptre wrote: »
    ^that.

OPC do things every weekend too, some of which involve just walking:)

I am part of the Mountain Biking Club which does have great spins to the trails every weekend. What's OPC?

I was just wondering who was about, for something to do Friday/Saturday. It's not that important because with course work and hobbies, I've stuff to keep me occupied. But it would be nice to meet a bit of life down here during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

opc = outdoor pursuits club

there are people around man and ill be one of them fairly soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FootnMouth

52paddy wrote: »
    For those of you that stay down at the weekend, we should do something. It gets fairly quiet down in Plassey. I don't feel like treking home to Dublin every weekend so if anyones up for something, shout. It could be anything, anything at all. Just to kill the monatony.
    I know its alot easier said then done! But you could try get a job around the area? Thats what I managed to do, fair enough, I was months looking for one though! But I know what you mean, Im in Kilmurry and its as quiet on weekend!! Like a ghost town!!

• Advertisement

I stay up just to lurk boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Im always here aswell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I'm around too although these next couple of weekends I'll be chained to the desk!! Another question: anyone hanging around for the holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mossin wrote: »

Thanks Mossin... But I can speak for myself!!!... sometimes too much!!!

Anywho, I'm around..... I am howevre really busy at the moment but i think there is a soccer game for saturday on if your into that .... I'll let you know as I get more details!!!

I think next semester we will have more chance of having a laugh at the weekends!!!

Sorry bud... but Exams await... fecking things!!;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

i'm generally around

Advertisement