Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10. Your first impressions.

Options
  • 02-10-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

So what are peoples impressions so far online?

many quitters?
    Who is most people picking, Man u, barca and madrid:rolleyes:

can you search by DNF %?

havent been able to play it yet, want to know what its like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

yes you can search by DNF so quitters can be avoided, i only played a few online games last night but since the DNF % actually matters now people seem to be playing the matches to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Can you search by people who use manual controls, i.e not assisted in shooting etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Are people experiencing much lag? Ive only played 3 games but have had lag in each game. It certainly will take some getting used to it feels different somehow this year.

And still have no use for the skills in it as much as id like to! If anyone wants a few games tonight Il be around. Need a bit of practice before the next league!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Everyone seems to have switched from United to Real Madrid.

And it's still too easy to quit, every single match I've played they have quit.

Joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played 9 games online, won 6, lost 3, ZERO quitters so far!

I love this game. The atacking/defending is more exciting as the ball can go anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Has anyone else got "Your connection has been terminated because you were not controlling your player"? and a 3-0 loss after a laggy stretch of play.

The lag has been terrible on all of the online games I have played :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played two...lost two (close games) - one on penalties. Could have forced extra time in the other but saw my 89th min free kick rifle off the outside of the post!

Game 1 was Manchester United (me) v Tottenham
    Game 2 was Juventus (me) v Inter

Enjoyable games. Sent 'gg' to both opponents afterwards. Lag at times but nothing unplayable. Now...if only I was good at the game! :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm not gona touch online play yet until the EA Servers are fixed. Coz i guaruntee thats the reason why games are so laggy frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why the hell does my squad keep changing? I set it in Team Management, play maybe 2 games, play the next game and my squad had changed! Whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im finding online to be very good and ive only had one quitter so far. the loading time for every match has been dramatically cut and i like the little touch at the end of a match where it asks you straight off about a rematch and shows you your opponents reaction to same question. a lot less messing around with the team selection too eg very little NAT difficulties/cut outs etc etc.

• Advertisement

Played my third game online - Inter (me) v Real Madrid. Unranked this time (can't afford to lose all my ranking points! :D). It seems I cannot score unless I've been scored against!

Opponent went 1-0 up, although it took ages! Levelled within 5 minutes. Went to extra time...Opponent goes 2-1 up and looks like they should win. Again, within a couple of minutes we're level again. Won the Shootout this time though (damn...why wasn't I playing ranked?!)

🤪

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

so far lag free
    5 games
    won first 2
    lost last 3 (shocking finishing from myself)

0 quitter
    0 tossing about with the ball

I've used a different team in each game to grab the achievement from here on I'll stick to what I know - happy days so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sadly i played FIFA10 online tonight vs a mate, i picked pats he picked man utd. He raped me 9-5 which sadly seems to be an acceptable score in FIFA. i had 70% of possesion and 20 shots he had 8 shots...yeah FIFA made the other goal happen :|

What the hell has happened that we now take FIFA as the best football game around when it is clearly **** beyond comphrension.

We plays Pats vs Bohs and he won 4-0, i picked Barca vs utd and won 11-3.

A football game should be balanced to the point that a good player with a bad team should be able to beat a poor player with a good team. FIFA doesnt know that rule it allows anyone to win as along as they pick Man utd or barca, the hardcore may disagree but thats the truth.

How did football games get so bad? What happened PES goes **** and FIFA is less **** so somehow becomes the best. Someone has to make a decent football game which is balanced and caters to skill.

Not rock paper scissors tackles that fifa requires.....hey im gonna run into that defender with the ball and maybe come out the other side with the ball or maybe not. No skill involved no actual option or control to skin him doesnt matter really......we shall dance and whoever comes out otherside with the ball is the best :confused:

emlyn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

The new clubs is fantastic, Going to be spending alot of time on it with the new way its layed out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't mean to come off like a twat, but your definition of "good player" may be a bit off.

No good player concedes eleven goals on a regular basis. A few high scoring matches are expected....because that happens in real football. Somebody usually gets a 7-1 pasting throughout the season in the Premier League.

But that won't happen every game in fifa and if it is, you aren't playing against good players. I conceded 18 goals in 32 games in the boards league last season. Thats one goal every two games. I'm a mediocre player. There are better players than me out there who concede less.

It sounds like you and your friend are new to the game and aren't very good yet. Thats not the games fault. Practice some more and I'm sure your games will be more competitive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

7th game first quitter really ****ing lame we had an unreal game which I just one 5-4 in the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

I had a good few 0-0s last night, omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I gotta agree that with a bad team vs good team, you can be on top of the whole game and then get fcuked over by the game :(

I think sometimes one team is just better "on the day". Sometimes with a team I can walk them into the net again and again but other times I get fcuked over. My players seem slower, other teams players seem faster, all rebounds go to the opposite team, my keeper just sucks, my players are always running the wrong way :confused:

Am I just paranoid? :D:D

I was playing online a few days ago and won
    Arsenal V Man Utd 7 - 0
    Man Utd V Barca 7 - 1
    Liverpool V Man Utd 8 - 0
    logged on the next day and lost my first match 0 - 7 (man city v man utd)

The quality of player changes but I am not good enough to win 5+ nil or bad enough to lose 5+nil!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm officially fcuking done with ranked games online. Wall-to-wall quitters, arrogant twits who over-celebrate everything, go 2-0 up and keep juggling the ball.

It's literally no fun. You are winning, they quit, you are losing, they rub it in.

Fcuk it.

Id have to agree with Kirby here. Not saying either of you are bad at the game or anything but from my experience is that generally if your good at the game you should be able to have pretty consistent scorelines.

A good example is the boards league we play. I won the boards league with the last picked team out of 18. Fiorentina are a good side id admit but out of the 32 games I played I lost once and drew 3 i think it was which is fairly consistent....which makes the game fairly consistent.

And online quality can really vary. You can play someone whos new to the game and beat them 7-0 then youl play someone whos good and really struggle. Ive had a lot of low scoring games. Biggest beating I got was 4-0.

Bit of practice should stop the inconsistency.

• Advertisement

Played about 13 online games. No quitters! Beginning to see alot of Real Madrids and they are bloody hard play against. Lost 3 times I think and had one draw aswell.

Really like the new ranking system. Its alot clearer this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No doubt a lot of us have extremely sore thumbs and fingers from most likely playing FIFA 10 for hours on end over the last day or so.

So what do you think of it?

Having only played FIFA 09 a couple of times last year at a mates house I find the gameplay a lot quicker which is quite good.
    The crossing and set piece creator this year is fantastic and a great addition to the game.

I haven't been able to download my game face yet onto my Virtual Pro due to EA's servers being down. Good idea though and look forward to messing around with that.

Bad thing about FIFa 10 for me at the moment is that player likeness is very poor and thus far my online play has been extremely laggy but I expect that to be rectified when EA's servers are up and running properly again.

Other than that it's a really good game and lots of exciting features.

Looking forward to having a few online leagues going with a few people.

I'd give it 7/10.

You can give up goals very easily if the head drops or you start passing the ball badly because you are rattled. I have played friends and online and all close games so far (most against friends actually go to penalties). You do get some odd scorelines (i.e. 2v2 - we won 7-1. Next game with same teams and same players was a 1-1 draw).

If you take the tactic of "running into the defender" as you say, I'm not that surprised that you lost (to be blunt but hopefully not too cruel). Pass and move, skill moves, pace control, etc. Bit more practice or games against each other and you will get closer games...Especially when ye get used to each others playstyle and what ye depend on most often.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 54,265 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like the game alright but with poor graphics and poor A.I, I wont be buying the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

How are the graphics and AI poor?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

I like FIFA10 but the one thing thats already annoying me is every time I score a goal my strikers try to run through the net and then it cuts to a celebration with no goal or net anywhere in sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Anton Chigurh

Rented it out for the week from xtra vision yesterday as I thought the demo was too similar to Fifa09 to warrant a full purchase. IMO it suffers from the same problems, no player individuality, most goals scored are the same, the unrealistic 40-50 yard goal is still there if you apply the finesse shot, but my biggest gripe is the longevity, already I find myself being a bit bored with it and I couldn't see myself playing it in two or three months time. Decent football game though probably give it a 6 out of 10 on first impressions but no where near the reviews it is getting IMO, and I think that maybe reflected by others once the "gloss" wears off it in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was just checking out the FIFA 10 store there and it's ridiculous that you have to pay for MS points in order to get Italian, German, Spanish etc commentary. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dickmolan

anyone know what the story is with the virtual pro the server is always down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

My only gripe is that they removed the custom tactics from the game, it will make things interesting in the league though. Was expecting everyone to pick Real Madrid anyways so thats not suprising and not having to many problems with quitters..yet.

Advertisement