Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10. Your first impressions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

A Game or any product will always be hyped up and made out to be better than what it is before release. Its still lived up to expectations for me though.
    If u lost 6 nil to Doncaster your obviously sh*te:P
    They need to fix the refs, be a pro, the ratings, ball scraping/skimming the side netting when its impossible to hit it from that angle:confused:
    The shooting is harder but finesse shots sort that out. You can score unreal goals this year if u get it right! The dribbling is beautiful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

Lads ,
    I was playing a ranked game a few minutes ago and then i got disconnected ! The message read something like this " You were removed from the game because you were not moving your player " ?
    Now the first half was fine but the second half it started to lag abit , not much though! It went down as a loss for me , i was pissed off cause i was winning and moving my player !
    What does this message mean exactly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

i can not stand the amount of quitters so far... every match except one that i have ben leading in the other player has left... why didnt ea put in a if u leave you forfeit the match 3-0 or something ??? its annoyin now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

niallith wrote: »
    i can not stand the amount of quitters so far... every match except one that i have ben leading in the other player has left... why didnt ea put in a if u leave you forfeit the match 3-0 or something ??? its annoyin now

They did and it was there last year aswell, you win 3-0 if they quit but its the annoyance of them leaving and not just accepting the loss thats a pain and having to go through setting up another match only for the same to happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I've never been a fan of Fifa but I find the new Fifa dreadful.

The keepers are rubbish. Gameplay is really sluggish and unresponsive. Far too easy to score, especially from corners and free kicks.

As I said, I'm not a fan of the series but was expecting more after hearing some good things about 09. Very disappointing game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Fifa 10 still has that "AI assisted" feel to it that I dont like. The looping accurate crosses feel contrived. Its a massive improvement on the old fifas but I just felt that even when playing on the hardest setting against good clubs that the AI is just handing it too you abit. It doesnt have the hard fought / hard won feel that a big clash in PES has

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

How shít is FIFA?

It manages to look worse and play worse than Pro Ev 08 on my beast of a laptop and desktop.

What a dire, dire game.

And talk about shíte gameplay.

Disclaimer: Might not be this gash on PS3/Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

How shít is FIFA?

It manages to look worse and play worse than Pro Ev 08 on my beast of a laptop and desktop.

What a dire, dire game.

I was on the Pesfan forum. A fella said the PC version still uses the PS2 engine :eek: and that the consoles are the only way to go for FIFA. So there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

How shít is FIFA?

What a dire, dire game.

Ive no idea about this year, but Fifa 09 on the PC was a completely different game to the console versions. It was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Axwell wrote: »
    They did and it was there last year aswell, you win 3-0 if they quit but its the annoyance of them leaving and not just accepting the loss thats a pain and having to go through setting up another match only for the same to happen again.

I was playing earlier and someone disconnected on me when i went 4 nil up..went into my stats after it and it went down as a 4 nil win?im hoping it stays like that and just a standard 4 nil!?but sure you can set a max dnf for your ranked match so they figured it out really..they were never going to stop people quittin in the middle of a game but at least they have filters to help you from playing players like that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Goalkeepers aren't great. They needed to be taken down a touch since last year but tot THAT much. Also a bit annoyed at the way players get in each others way and fall over etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The PC game is utter rubbish and has no relation to fifa on the 360 or ps3.

Personally, I'm delighted with it on the 360. Big improvement over last year. You have more control over your keeper, double tapping Y makes him stay on his line, so you can easier get the distance right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Damien360

PS3 : Jury is still out on FIFA10. I turned 09 off yesterday and turned 10 on today.

In FIFA10, the players seem very slow to react. Almost slugish to get going. Knock on's are poor and do not seem to work well.

Scoring is difficult but that is a good thing because keepers and defenfers AI is much improved. Passing is improved as I saw my own players getting out of the way for a few passes to let it go through to better player.

Crossing works better. I was decent enough at it anyway in 09 but it was rarely used online and seemed missing. On the other hand the timing of the headers has been changed. It is harder to get one on target with power and needs more time to get the exact timing correct.

Menu system is slower and there is a strange jutter in the frame rate after you score in the arena, skip the replay and get going again.

One good thing is the analogue stick appears to be more responsive to direction. In 09 a forward run was pretty much 45 degrees to the sideline, 90 degrees or parralel. A few forward runs I did in FIFA10 have the player moving at a better angle towards the goal (nearly parellel but still angling in). The benefit is players take up better front post positions for a pass.

Basically the same as 09 but gameplay has been slowed. I assume this is the big push towards similution. It will take time to get used to. I notice there is an option for slow, normal and fast gameplay in the menu but I have'nt played with it yet.

Jury still out but I feel it may be a step forward due to better player AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Just played a few games in Manager Mode.

6 Games. Conceded a few free kicks within scoring distance. AI scored 4 goals from free kicks and hit the post with another. Fairly annoying, unrealistic and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Reinstalled the pc version and it's running a bit better.

The old PS2 problem remains though. Given that I've now got it on my beast of a desktop it beggars belief that something which would píss all over an Xbox 360 uses a PS2 game. ><

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Scored 4 goals and 1 assist in be a pro club championship and i got disconnected in the 88th minute :mad: Now whos crying :(:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gotta agree with most folk here(from playing 09 anyway). I played Kirby twice in the league last year. The first time, I hadn't been playing that long and wasn't that great. I lost like 8-0. But then by the time the second game came around we drew 0-0 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

6 game losing streak.. not fun.

Seems to be the same thing over and over...

Real madrid > One two's all over the place > Pass into box > Turn > Shoot > Score > Repeat

Holsten wrote: »
    6 game losing streak.. not fun.

Seems to be the same thing over and over...

Real madrid > One two's all over the place > Pass into box > Turn > Shoot > Score > Repeat

Do the same thing i do...

Search>If Madrid show up as their team/ they scroll to them> Cancel> search again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Played my first online game the other day, was fairly tight affair but I went 1-0 up after 20 mins. My opponent immediately disconnected. What a load of tosh. Great game so far though, I scored the winner in a fantastic 20 man Online Team match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Played it a bit on Friday and Saturday for the ps3 i really like the game but some things annoy me.

First we still get the stupid camara view of the top of the stadium when making subs ehhh why its so stupid looking?.

My first match was City vs United first thing i noticed was how cartoon looking the city and united jerseys and faces on players looked from normal game view. The colours were way to bright and like paint almost and faces just looked like smudges. Funny enough as i played more games this seemed to improve and its not a problem for me now i hope.

Online i played couple games and found again as usual same teams being picked all time every game i played they picked Real Madrid lol Now i have no problem this i dont care ill play any team but why do people have to fecking keep quiting matchs?? I played a guy twice first time he beat me 2-0 with madrid vs united second time i picked barca he stayed with madrid it was 3-3 with 20 mins to go i scored make it 4-3 the **** quit straight after the goal!!!. So i sent him a nice message afterwards and course he never replyed :p. So i might play later when get home from work but hoping to play some proper fans and proper gamers online i find Irish and English are the best to play with online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FIFA 09 was an excellent game but EA had a great chance to change the problems that annoy people the most...online quitting.

Why on Gods good earth could they not remove the ability to quit an online game by pressing pause and selecting an option? At least make them turn off the machine.

At least you still get your ranking points so thats good.

I do think the commentary is very poor this year. Apparently Chelsea are still managed by Mourinho and the top corner is actually the bottom corner. And no, I do not need a 3-minute talk on the current stadium I am playing in, or why Manchester United have a great marketing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

nummnutts wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of Fifa but I find the new Fifa dreadful.

The keepers are rubbish. Gameplay is really sluggish and unresponsive. Far too easy to score, especially from corners and free kicks.

As I said, I'm not a fan of the series but was expecting more after hearing some good things about 09. Very disappointing game.

What is your controller config set to? If you are finding it so easy I'm guessing you have it on assisted for most things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Merging all FIFA10 discussion threads pertaining to first impressions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Dribbling seems very hard. Anyone know if 360 dribbling can be used with the d-pad? I hate using the sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Quint wrote: »
    Dribbling seems very hard. Anyone know if 360 dribbling can be used with the d-pad? I hate using the sticks.

The 360 D-pad is crap, it can only move 8 ways, it'll be like playing Pro Evo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

only managed to get one quick game in so far!!
    bet 3-0 by arsenal as chelsea on medium...

finding it very hard to control dribbling, running into players the whole time, getting tackled very easily, the skills have to be done about 5 seconds before you get to the defender, so far not too sure, im hoping i just need lots of practice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The 360 D-pad is crap, it can only move 8 ways, it'll be like playing Pro Evo :D

At least you can dribble on PES though! Which footie game to get this year is possibly the biggest decision of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Won the League of Ireland with St Pats last night by 7 points on World Class.

I'm still not to sure if I can qualify for Europe with them. Here's hoping though :D

Made a few decent signings and I've Mark Quigley playing on 70/71 some games. Quality :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Quint wrote: »
    At least you can dribble on PES though! Which footie game to get this year is possibly the biggest decision of my life.

I truly hope that's sarcasm.

Advertisement