Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Mr. Ganley

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sparks wrote: »
    It might be an accurate prediction of what we're about to see from Cowen though...

The country will forget about Lisbon within a week and it'll be back to business, with everyone tearing shreds out of Cowen over NAMA and every other f*ckup. Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Sparks wrote: »
    Beyond the most simplistic of statements like "they want to be in power", I don't know. Or care.
    However, beyond the simplistic statement of "to make a profit", you don't know Intel or Ryanair's agenda either...

It's the same as any other big business. They want to make a profit.
    As to campaigning power, I don't believe the final results will support your argument.

The last referendum did however.

He probably was a spent force this time round, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So where next for Ganley? Will he run for Taoiseach in the country he loves? Oh wait.. America doesn't have a Taoiseach :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

No, he didn't. It was sarcastic and quite ungracious.

well if you call him saying "Cowen ran a brilliant campaign" sarcastic so be it!

Strangely though both Radio and TV coverage were somewhat overwhelmed by the generosity of his concession.The sarcasm bit taken at face value(something i usually do when i can't read minds) was if it was intentonal aimed at the electorate if you read my post in full and not be copying the bit that suits you!

Regards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Ganley might be a bit annoying but he has more backbone than gilmore, cowen and kenny put together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

PomBear wrote: »
    Ganley might be a bit annoying but he has more backbone than gilmore, cowen and kenny put together

he certainly has more balls. I know I couldn't go on national tv and lie like that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

OK, this isn't really a discussion so much as an open collaborative (it seems) letter with a start, no middle and an ending. This is the latter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement