Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The backtracking has already started!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Fuhrer wrote: »
    What demonstratable lies are you talking about?

Adolf, either you're blind or just bloody stupid.

http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/-/images/feature/blenihan_20sept09_600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Based on what part of the Treaty?

Where is the mention that Ireland would have been ostracised for voting No?

It was/is simply conjecture, and used to it's fullest extent by the Yes side

Not based on anything written in the treaty. Based on the fact that another No would shake confidence in the EU and create serious questions, in the EU and elsewhere, about whether Ireland is really committed to the EU. We are in a unique position, we are the only english-speaking country in the eurozone and that means we have been considered a gateway to europe for US business. Business leaders in the US have quite plainly said that a no vote would have created enough doubt that they would have been turned off the prospect of investing in Ireland.

Now does it really take such a stretch of the imagination to make all of that seem likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Correction. I cherry picked...

Never was a truer word spoken by anyone advocating a no vote. :rolleyes:. Oh and have you gone back on your assertion about Sweden?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Tony EH wrote: »
    Adolf, either you're blind or just bloody stupid.

http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/-/images/feature/blenihan_20sept09_600.jpg

How is that a lie?

EU funding and investment creates lots of jobs in Ireland. A more efficent decision making process can make sure better decisions are made faster. Its not a guarentee of Jobs and investment but its a pretty well educated prediction.

I dont see how it could be anywhere near a lie. Explain to me why you think thats a lie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

It should be interesting to see their response when unemployment goes up and social welfare and the min wage is cut.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0210/nera.html
    http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0722/macgill.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

murphaph wrote: »
    Oh please. Then they SHOULD NOT have printed posters like this. If there was no implied promise of jobs then they should have printed "a better chance of jobs" or some such if that's what they believe but not a clear and simple promise of jobs.

Seriously? You want posters that say "Yes for a better chance of jobs, Yes for a better chance of recovery"? Not exactly snappy is it? Posters are supposed to be the hook that gets the voter to look deeper, to read the rationale behind the tagline. Do you read newspaper headlines, ignore the copy and decide if you agree based on 3-4 words?

Give the voters some credit. This business of calling them stupid, calling them sheep is poor form and it's making you guys look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Seems to be....don't foget your wage will drop to €1.84 an hour as well.

So it's Conscription in the EU Army at €1.84 an hour.

A jobs a job these days.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 odoylerulez

prinz wrote: »
    Never was a truer word spoken by anyone advocating a no vote. :rolleyes:. Oh and have you gone back on your assertion about Sweden?

Its called sarcasm. Do you understand what that is or do you need to go look up wikipedia to figure out what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Give the voters some credit. This business of calling them stupid, calling them sheep is poor form and it's making you guys look bad.

But, it's ok for the "Yes" side to say it, when a "No" was delivered?

Jesus H Christ.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

K-9 wrote: »
    Does this mean Abortion is compulsory and the EU Army is coming?

Yes so we are praying on winning the lotto and moving all the family to New Zealand... living the Irish dream. :P

No, seriously tempted though... this country isnt worth it anymore... why would anyone want to live under SUCH a corrupt, selfish government... I know you cant escape it most places but we just take the biscuit...

Seriously? You want posters that say "Yes for a better chance of jobs, Yes for a better chance of recovery"? Not exactly snappy is it? Posters are supposed to be the hook that gets the voter to look deeper, to read the rationale behind the tagline. Do you read newspaper headlines, ignore the copy and decide if you agree based on 3-4 words?

Anyone like to point out to this guy the irony of complaining about voters being called stupid and ignorant when thats exactly what the yes side were calling them when they voted no.

'Its democracy spock but not as we know it'

Its called sarcasm. Do you understand what that is or do you need to go look up wikipedia to figure out what it means.

Are you going to answer the question....? Is Sweden in the EU?

Tony EH wrote: »
    But, it's ok for the "Yes" side to say it, when a "No" was delivered?

Jesus H Christ.... :rolleyes:

You guys are saying it right now. Who said it last time? Was it me? Was it the politicians? I'm sure there were plenty of idiots on the Yes side who equate disagreement with them to stupidity in the opposition, but we're talking about the people posting right here and now.

natsuko wrote: »
    Yes so we are praying on winning the lotto and moving all the family to New Zealand... living the Irish dream. :P

No, seriously tempted though... this country isnt worth it anymore... why would anyone want to live under SUCH a corrupt, selfish government... I know you cant escape it most places but we just take the biscuit...

Don't worry. This shower will be finished within a year and by finished, I mean finished forever.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I love the fact that people on here can turn an arguement around to suit themselves so subtly and manipulativly that its hardly noticed... :P

When all this dies down and in 6 months we see that Lisbon isn't really that big a deal, we'll realise the next Budget and NAMA will have far more affect over us.

You guys are saying it right now. Who said it last time? Was it me? Was it the politicians? I'm sure there were plenty of idiots on the Yes side who equate disagreement with them to stupidity in the opposition, but we're talking about the people posting right here and now.

Also, given that one of the main reasons why people voted no last time was that they couldnt understand the treaty, I dont think the No side can really claim the intellectual highground

natsuko wrote: »

Yeah im feelin you on that. Its a joke really and when you see the amount of people on here too defending them it makes you aware of why we are so knee deep in sh*t. Irelands a little insular country where the people still vote for mickey d based on the fact that he drank down the local with them last night and promised 'big changes' Overall we're too trusting as a nation of public servants and expect nothing out of them in return. Its a general sense of apathy amongst the general population which to me is just selfishness. I never heard one word in this whole referendum about how our decision would affect the rest of europe whom never even got the chance to vote. Nope was all about ourselves and how we can help save ourselves. Fearmongering got the better of the people unfortunately and it'll come back to haunt them.

Not worth defending. Probably not to be honest.

Yeah im feelin you on that. Its a joke really and when you see the amount of people on here too defending them it makes you aware of why we are so knee deep in sh*t. Not worth defending. Probably not to be honest.

You're right, voting Yes to Lisbon is the exact same thing as supporting Fianna Fail, just look at the opposition parties. They all support Fianna Fail.

• Advertisement

Yeah im feelin you on that. Its a joke really and when you see the amount of people on here too defending them it makes you aware of why we are so knee deep in sh*t. Not worth defending. Probably not to be honest.

Could you point out a single poster on this thread who will defend the FF government?

You're right, voting Yes to Lisbon is the exact same thing as supporting Fianna Fail, just look at the opposition parties. They all support Fianna Fail.

Sure its all really just one big party behind closed doors. Fight on camera and in the dail. See you down the pub afterwards. The game is this if you watch.

You go in make some bad policies the opposition will pretend to 'stand with the people' then get into power and reverse roles. Thats the way it has always been amongst ruling parties and probably will always be.

Thats why we really have no choice. When it came down to something like lisbon we do see the true status coming through of the political parties. They both endorsed a yes vote because it wasn't a local based choice but one whereby both their interests would be served i.e in future european governments.

Sure its all really just one big party. The game is this if you watch.

You go in make some bad policies the opposition will pretend to 'stand with the people' then get into power and reverse roles. Thats the way it has always been amongst ruling parties and probably will always be.

Thats why we really have no choice. When it came down to something like lisbon we do see the true status coming through of the political parties. They both endorsed a yes vote because it wasn't a local based choice but one whereby both their interests would be served i.e in future european governments.

And I guess its all controlled by the NWO aswell and the lizard people?

Grow up.

Anyone like to point out to this guy the irony of him calling the voters stupid and ignorant when thats exactly what they were being called when they voted no. Nah too easy..

Quote where the voters were called stupid or ignorant? And if you could find it, would that then make your assertions right? Why don't you cut the whither sarcasm and build an argument. Hopefully you'll be better at the former than the latter.

They had a referendum. Had they justified a second referendum on mere assumption, then I might agree that this would imply much about their view of the electorate. But they didn't do that. They collected data, looked for specific reasons and tried to address them. Whether those reasons were accurate is beside the point. Whether the solutions were adequate is beside the point. They looked, they did not assume. They did not treat the voters like idiots, did not assume anything at all. They took the approach that the voters were being reasonable in their no vote and were open to being convinced by evidence and by efforts to address their problems. Does the yes vote prove the electorate were in fact as reasonable and rational as assumed? No, we'd need more information to see why they voted yes to establish that. But conversely, the yes vote does not indicate the electorate are stupid, fearful or easily-led.

That is your assumption, which you are making because it is far easier to assume they're fools than that they... heaven forbid, rationally and reasonably think you are wrong.

One thing we can see is that they are not as apathetic this time round.

Grow up.

No more like country cousins then nwo.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭free-man

prinz wrote: »
    Could you point out a single poster on this thread who will defend the FF government?

Whether they do or not it doesn't matter. FF are in for the next 3 years, hold on to your seats its going to be a rough ride!!

Grow up.

I wouldnt discredited the NWO...
    but the lizard people? You grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I would like to say Thank you to all the puppets who voted yes! once again the fianna fail train has taken a load of suckers onboard AGAIN and are riding the country.

I voted NO last time I voted NO this time.

Quote where the voters were called stupid or ignorant? And if you could find it, would that then make your assertions right? Why don't you cut the whither sarcasm and build an argument. Hopefully you'll be better at the former than the latter.

They had a referendum. Had they justified a second referendum on mere assumption, then I might agree that this would imply much about their view of the electorate. But they didn't do that. They collected data, looked for specific reasons and tried to address them. Whether those reasons were accurate is beside the point. Whether the solutions were adequate is beside the point. They looked, they did not assume. They did not treat the voters like idiots, did not assume anything at all. They took the approach that the voters were being reasonable in their no vote and were open to being convinced by evidence and by efforts to address their problems. Does the yes vote prove the electorate were in fact as reasonable and rational as assumed? No, we'd need more information to see why they voted yes to establish that. But conversely, the yes vote does not indicate the electorate are stupid, fearful or easily-led.

That is your assumption, which you are making because it is far easier to assume they're fools than that they... heaven forbid, rationally and reasonably think you are wrong.

One thing we can see is that they are not as apathetic this time round.

Bwahaha seriously you believe that..ok then..i mean thats ok whatever floats your boat. I mean i guess it seems plausible enough doesn't it.

Lets be honest if they truely respected the vote of the people we wouldn't be having a second vote would we? Addressed their concerns? Its the same treaty.

Look no point debating this you won, congratulations. The fun lies ahead and we look forward to all the promises the government and the yes side made during the campaign being fullfilled.

• Advertisement

Mac daddy wrote: »
    I would like to say Thank you to all the puppets who voted yes! once again the fianna fail train has taken a load of suckers onboard AGAIN and are riding the country.

I voted NO last time I voted NO this time.

The idea that we, in our full mental competence, rationality and independence, simply think you are wrong... that's just too much for you guys to take isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement