Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MG ZR 105

• 03-10-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭

Asked about other cars on this thread. >>IBIZA 1.0L

Each of the following would be around the 02/03 era.

After the responses i have changed direction.
    We are now looking at the 1.4L area
    We both like the MG ZR 105
    But what are they like?
    anyone have any experience?

Next is
    SEAT Leon 1.4

Opel Astra 1.4

other suggestions welcome.

Thanks again guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I had a 03 one until it met an unfortunate demise.

Pros:
    - Handling. It was one of the nicest FWD cars I've driven. Very neutral, not much understeer and the ability to induce a mild bit of lift-off oversteer if you want.
    - Engine loves to be thrashed. Plenty of go for a 1.4 of that era.
    - A hoot to drive.

Cons:
    - The infamous K-Series head gasket problem. If you keep the car well and keep an eye on the coolant you should be right. If the gasket's been replaced, it should be the stronger one from the Freelander engines.
    - Interior's a bit naff. Not as bad as something Japanorean but not exactly German.
    - Build quality can be a bit ropey.
    - The back end can go light under heavy braking.

If you can, look for one with the 17 inch wheels, half leather, skirts etc. Basically the 105++.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hm.
    I think the pros outdo the Cons there
    How are they on fuel?

Advertisement