Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good concerts you are going to/planning on going to.

Options
  • 03-10-2009 2:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, anyone?

I'm going to a Cannibal Corpse concert on the 29th of October, with Dying Fetus, Annotations of an Autopsy and Trigger the Bloodshed. Not too big on Trigger or AOAA, but I <3 Fetus and Corpse (as my last.fm shows), so should be win :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Insect Warfare next week and then Amon Amarth,Entombed and Evile 2 weeks later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Awesome, going to see Warfare in Galway or Dublin? I'd like to see them..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Duff McKagans Loaded at the academy next thursday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Opeth October 13th, Dublin.

...(Funeral For a Friend on October 25th too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Was at the pixies midweek which was one of the best concerts I've been at, I'll probably be seeing Funeral for a Friend too as someone I know has a ticket... not their biggest fan though tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Not sure but hope to go see

Motorhead, Yes , Horslips, Peter Green

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ones I've planned on going to: Insect Warfare, Trouble, Amon Amarth, Horslips, Absu, Opeth (Mourning Beloveth really), WASP, Ocean, Mael Mórdha, Cork Winterfest.

That's all I can think of right now, I'm sure there'll be a few others happening that I'll pop along to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Forgot about W.A.S.P. too!! And Metallica 2 nights @ MSG in NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Got an itch in my wallet to go see Porcupine Tree in the UK in December.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm going to see Black Stone Cherry on the 12th, then probably Opeth and Amon Amarth! Tis a good few months for gigs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Opeth on the 13th :)

Would have gone to Amon Amarth too, but it's 2 days before the marathon and I don't trust myself to go to an Amon Amarth gig and *not* mosh until I hurt something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Sonata Arctica / Delain / Winterborn in London on December 3rd, then back the next day just in time for W.A.S.P. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm just in the door from London after going to the album launch of Diablo Swing Orchestra's second album "Sing Along Songs for the Damned and Delirious" in The Purple Turtle in Camden. It was an incredible show. So much energy, passion and humour! The crowd were electric, everyone was dancing, which is not something that I've ever witnessed at a metal gig. Then again, they are not a typical metal band. I got to meet them afterwards and they were so nice. Next week I've the Epica album launch gig in Amsterdam!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Two completely different gigs. Green Day and Fleetwood Mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

damonjewel wrote: »
    Not sure but hope to go see

Motorhead, Yes , Horslips, Peter Green

I am also keen on seeing Sonic Youth

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Y&T tomorrow night at the Village, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I'm going to Epica's album release gig in Amsterdam next weekend, can't ****ing wait!

I'm going to Epica's album release gig in Amsterdam next weekend, can't ****ing wait!

I'll be there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Nightwish wrote: »
    I'll be there too!

****ing hate you both. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

****ing hate you both. D:

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Going to see Dream Theater, Opeth, Unexpect & Bigelf next Saturday in Wembley Arena. Porcupine Tree are playing the night before in London too, so might pop along to see them too. Amon Amarth too.
    Missing Wasp & Horslips because I'll be in Krakow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Prob: Motorhead

Poss: Wasp, Paramore (Grr OH lol)

Wishlist: Deicide, Megadeth

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Out of interest, where do you find your gigs? I mainly use Last.FM, Dublin Metal Events, though others I just hear of by chance

I obsessively follow band websites and their twitter updates. I try to find a concert with air links to Dublin. Failing that, I find a concert that I can get to via London.

Nice :P I did that for a while with some bands, then forgot why I did it and stopped :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Going to see Dream Theater, Opeth, Unexpect & Bigelf next Saturday in Wembley Arena. Porcupine Tree are playing the night before in London too, so might pop along to see them too. Amon Amarth too.
    Missing Wasp & Horslips because I'll be in Krakow.

+1 def going to both. AFAIK Porcupine Tree is sold out, so will be tougher going to that. but have my tickets anyway, so hoping to meet Gavin Harrison. So less than 6 days I'll see 2 out of 3 of my favourite drummers:eek: Can't come too soon. Oh, and then to return home for some more Opeth in Olympia:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Motorhead again this year ( Depending on funds) And Deep Purple in Glasgow in November :) Booked Airbourne for the laugh next Feb... Really excited about DP. MY other half has seen them back in 05... and I'm still very jealous about that so I will finally get to see one of my favourite bands of all time this year!! I'm still sickened that I missed Zeppo in London :( I will always regret that.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Amon Amarth I think but Might hit Damnation Again!!! And cant wait for the Cork WinterFest!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Opeth next week
    Placebo in December

Hoping that a certain German band make an announcement to play here soon otherwise will have to travel.

Would be nice if Katatonia added a date in Dublin next month too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    Forgot about W.A.S.P. too!! And Metallica 2 nights @ MSG in NYC.

stop pissin me off Lucan ;-)
    I'm very jealous - would love to be hittin those MSG Metallica shows....someday..

I'm going to the following (I hope, not been lucky with gigs lately, was supposed to be at Y&T last night, but work put the kybosh on that one...)

Noisettes Oct 10th
    Opeth - Mourning Beloveth Oct 13th
    Amon Amarth - Entombed - Evile Oct 24th
    Y&T - Keel - Nov 6th (Southampton)
    Marrillion - Dec 3rd
    WASP - Dec 4th

that might just do me for this year........

Advertisement