Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good concerts you are going to/planning on going to.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Amon Amarth I think but Might hit Damnation Again!!! And cant wait for the Cork WinterFest!!!!

Damnation fest? Just checked that out there and it looks quality :D

Aye, CW is going to be something epic indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Damnation fest? Just checked that out there and it looks quality :D

Aye, CW is going to be something epic indeed!

Yeah a serious Line-up, was at it last year and bands were amazing, but it wasnt organised very well, alot of queueing, they had the stages all over the place and top bands on at the same time. But there was alot of complaints after so id imagine its gonna be alot tighter this Year! Fingers Crossed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Mushy wrote: »
    +1 def going to both. AFAIK Porcupine Tree is sold out, so will be tougher going to that. but have my tickets anyway, so hoping to meet Gavin Harrison. So less than 6 days I'll see 2 out of 3 of my favourite drummers:eek: Can't come too soon. Oh, and then to return home for some more Opeth in Olympia:D

Going to Porcupine Tree in London this Friday night meself too....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Going to Porcupine Tree in London this Friday night meself too....

Sweet. Where your ticket for? I've to try sell one now, friend cant go. This shall be fun.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Denny M wrote: »
    So, anyone?

I'm going to a Cannibal Corpse concert on the 29th of October, with Dying Fetus, Annotations of an Autopsy and Trigger the Bloodshed. Not too big on Trigger or AOAA, but I <3 Fetus and Corpse (as my last.fm shows), so should be win :D

Where is this on????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Kharn wrote: »
    Where is this on????

It's in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

lord lucan wrote: »
    Forgot about W.A.S.P. too!! And Metallica 2 nights @ MSG in NYC.

I'm missing those Metallica gigs by 2 days! Enjoy! :D

Going to the Opeth gig on 13th, will be amazing no doubt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kharn wrote: »
    Where is this on????
    In the Koko in Camden, London

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Dream Theater, Opeth, Bigelf and Unexpect in Glasgow this Sunday;
    Dead Heroes Club on 16th Oct in Derry (excellent Derry based prog band - check them out);
    Amon Amarth, Evile and Entombed 23rd Oct in Belfast;
    Funeral for a Friend in Derry on 24th Oct;
    Rodrigo y Gabriela in Vicar St in 15th November;
    Marillion 3rd Dec and W.A.S.P. 4th dec in The Button Factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

My god, this thread is better search engine for good concerts than google:)
    Am not going anywhere... yet... ill see, keep the lists coming:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Dirac

Sweet. Where your ticket for? I've to try sell one now, friend cant go. This shall be fun.

I'm up at the back of the balcony area, Block 2. Might end up selling the gf's ticket myself - she's not feeling too well and may not be able to go :(

Really looking forward to the concert - I've almost worn a hole in "The Incident" since getting it three weeks ago.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

gig I'll be attending soon =

Dalek
    Isis
    Mars Volta
    Sonic Youth

..and maybe Grand Magnus

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

gigs I'll be headin to soon:

Greenday
    isis
    sonic youth

and maybe the xx and roni size (not on the same night obviously), haven't decided

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Ah I forgot about Isis! Must try and make that one too if I can!

Dirac wrote: »
    I'm up at the back of the balcony area, Block 2. Might end up selling the gf's ticket myself - she's not feeling too well and may not be able to go :(

Really looking forward to the concert - I've almost worn a hole in "The Incident" since getting it three weeks ago.....

Gonna be near enough to you so myself. I'm in row U, so will be even further back up again. Will be weird on my own, but feck it, I be seeing PT:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I'm heading to see Alexisonfire, Anti-flag, Four Year Strong and Ghost of a Thousand next week in London.

In a few weeks I'll be seeing iwrestledabearonce, Horse the Band, Oceano, Architects, As Blood Runs Black and Despised Icon. Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I would've liked to have gone to the Megadeth/Testament/Judas Priest concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Jako8 wrote: »
    I would like to go to the Megadeth/Testament/Judas Priest concert.

They're doing that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Be grand if they were, I didn't go to the first one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Want to go to motorhead but a bit too pricey for me.
    possibly going to WASP, and i'm going to electric six in dec and airbourne in feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Edited.

Tense fail on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

Y&T on Sunday night in the Village were absolutely excellent :cool:... and looking forward to W.A.S.P on Dec 4th.

Will also try travel up to Belfast for Warrior Soul on Nov 28th (still to be confirmed) and would have liked to get Peter Green tickets for the Academy on 26th Oct but it looks like its sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Headin to Duff McKagan's Loaded at the Academy tonight. Looking forward to a bit of raw rock n punk. Beats sitting at a desk all day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

plan to see Neil Young somewhere next year.Bit much to expect another Irish gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Could possibly be going to see Napalm Death in manchester next month!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Could possibly be going to see Napalm Death in manchester next month!
    Awesome! I'd love to see them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Gonna go see Absu in Dublin and Warrior Soul in Belfast hopefully. Might also try and get to Motorhead as well.

Its all about Opeth & Dream Theater tonight in Wembley. Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree was joking bout who at his gig wasn't going to it, there were very limited responses:D PT also managed to leave everyone in shock, for me, sound was perfect, could hear everything in the mix, one of the finest performances I've ever seen live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

...PT also managed to leave everyone in shock, for me, sound was perfect, could hear everything in the mix, one of the finest performances I've ever seen live.

Excellent concert, but maybe it was where I was sitting 'cos I found that at times, it was just a wall of sound and hard to pick out individual instruments. SW was drowned out at one stage, couldn't hardly hear him at all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Going to see Horslips and Aslan in December!

Would love Alice Cooper to play. Fingers crossed!

Advertisement