Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good concerts you are going to/planning on going to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 iercepa

isis coming up then all tomorrows parties in december. anyone going to this? heard good things about last year

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Dream Theater, Opeth, Bigelf and Unexpect in Glasgow this Sunday;
    Dead Heroes Club on 16th Oct in Derry (excellent Derry based prog band - check them out);
    Amon Amarth, Evile and Entombed 23rd Oct in Belfast;
    Funeral for a Friend in Derry on 24th Oct;
    Rodrigo y Gabriela in Vicar St in 15th November;
    Marillion 3rd Dec and W.A.S.P. 4th dec in The Button Factory.

While in Glasgow at the weekend for Progressive Nation 2009, got tickets for Dio on 21st Nov and Slayer 22nd Nov, both in Glasgow. That will be some weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

Going to see the Transiberian orchestra here in Toronto on 12th November and today got tickets to see Guns n Roses (Axel Rose and Band) here on 24th January!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Lacuna Coil are confirmed for the Academy in January so... roll on January!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Seriously considering taking a trip to the UK to see Killswitch Engage but I have my wedding to save for. GRRRRRRRR

Maybe il just kick about 10 people off the guestlist to pay for it..

Hate when bands do that. 6 gigs in the UK and none in Dublin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Denny M wrote: »
    Out of interest, where do you find your gigs? I mainly use Last.FM, Dublin Metal Events, though others I just hear of by chance

Metal Ireland is the best for local metal gigs. It's great to see DME back full-time, going to Absu and Razor of Occam (black/thrash from Oz), check out Razor of Occam's myspace, that's on the 4th Nov in the Academy 2 and goin to WASP in the TBMC on the 4th Dec as well.

But the big one is CLUTCH, heading over to London for their gig in Koko on the 3rd Nov. Gonna be immense with Kylesa as support and then Absu back in Dublin the next day.

@Bigbadcon: Agree 100% Clutch are playing 12 UK dates in 2009 (6 in June and 6 in November) and none in Ireland. I don't if it's the band or their agents or lazy Irish promoters but it's poxy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

would love to go to wachen next year, if its anything like earthshakerfest which i went to in 2006 itl b awesome,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

niallith wrote: »
    would love to go to wachen next year, if its anything like earthshakerfest which i went to in 2006 itl b awesome,
    Wacken is something ive wanted to go to for a while, anyone know whose playing next year or has it been announced/rumoured yet?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Wacken is something ive wanted to go to for a while, anyone know whose playing next year or has it been announced/rumoured yet?

Immortal are confirmed so far!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Might be heading to the Funeral Nations Tour in early Feb, as long as it doesn't co-incide with my Mocks.. Marduk and Anaal Nathrakh are playing, and I'm a fan of both these bands.

Also considering going to Bolt Thrower in May

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Next one for me is Airbourne in the Academy in February. Bringing the ear plugs with me this time, nearly blew my ear drums the last time I saw them. Great live band though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

ZiMZuM wrote: »
    Going to see the Transiberian orchestra here in Toronto on 12th November and today got tickets to see Guns n Roses (Axel Rose and Band) here on 24th January!!:D

Lucky get! The TSO are a band I would love to see live, no chance of them coming here, though. :(

Next up is Marillion in the TBMC in December, might pick up something in the interim, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This Wednesday going to see ABSU / PANTHEON I / RAZOR OF OCCAM / ZOROASTER in The Academy 2.

Also on Saturday Mael Mordha with Two Tales of Woe are playing Fibbers.

Should be great nights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nice chin, was thinking of going to that, but after Cannibal Corpse, I can't really afford to head out as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

chin_grin wrote: »
    This Wednesday going to see ABSU / PANTHEON I / RAZOR OF OCCAM / ZOROASTER in The Academy 2.

Also on Saturday Mael Mordha with Two Tales of Woe are playing Fibbers.

Should be great nights.

Mael Mórdha are actually playing in the academy.

Both nights should be good craic.

Mael Mórdha are actually playing in the academy.

Both nights should be good craic.

Yes, yes they are. Boards needs a 'facepalm' emoticon.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yes, yes they are. Boards needs a 'facepalm' emoticon.

Ah sure it's no big deal, you wouldn't have had too far to walk if you went to fibbers by mistake :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sonata Arctica / Delain / Winterborn in London on December 3rd, then back the next day just in time for W.A.S.P. :D

i'll be seeing them all at Hard Rock Hell in Dec, hoping the Machine Head/Hatebreed tour comes over here :D

Will also be heading to this!
    13/11/2009 19:30 at Fibber Magees
    Parnell St, Dublin,
    Cost: €6
    Morphosis+Acrid Nebula+Flesh Impaled+Atheos

Just got my tickets to Suffocation on the 31st of March, and to Marduk/Anaal Nathrakh on the 2nd of Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Them Crooked Vultures...17th December

Its like the motherload of a gig for me, and all in one band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cruciform

Protest The Hero tomorrow night and Mars Volta next Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

W.A.S.P!!!!!!! This Friday. Rock on!

fobster wrote: »
    W.A.S.P!!!!!!! This Friday. Rock on!

Yeah should be savage craic! haven't seen Sirocco in ages either, so double deadlyness :D

Also got around to ordering a Machine Head ticket, should be good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Gigs I'll be headin to soon:

Lacuna Coil - The Academy Dublin 29 January 2010
    Marduk - Whelans 2 Feb 2010
    Machine Head/Bleeding Through - Olympia 28 Feb 2010

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Pearl Jam & Kiss ..

.. please God, fingers crossed, with the rub of the green, here's hoping, with a little luck etc etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Lacuna Coil on the 29th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Mushy wrote: »
    Them Crooked Vultures...17th December

Its like the motherload of a gig for me, and all in one band.

Saw them last night in Edinburgh :D

They were excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounded so professional (as obviously they would :o)

Pity they only have the one album to play off, although they also play this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUZhJk6LYh0

You 've also got Alan Johannes on guitar....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Johannes

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Thinking of going to Bolt Thrower in May, not 100% sure yet though

Advertisement