Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Recovering Files or i am dead!! Please!

• 03-10-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hello everyone, i have two hard drives with windows xp on each, so the other day i was trying to install a new graphics card but it just wouldnt work so in a move of rage i inserted my windows cd and deleted both partitions and installed fresh on my main harddrive and cleared the cmos, still didnt work, but problem is, i had some pictures of nieces baptism that i thought were backed on a pen drive but werent. Now i need those pictures back, i havent reformated the second drive just deleted, is there anyway to get them back? ive seen software etc but i dont want to touch it in case i mess it up!

please save me from familys wrath!

thank you in advance,

ruben

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Also, if you can't get them back from the hard drive, you might consider trying to get them back off the camera, maybe they're not deleted (how long ago were they taken), and even if they were deleted from the memory card of the camera, they could still be recovered using some recovery software.

I use (and bought) File Scavenger myself, hands down the most successful recovery software I've ever used, but try some free ones first. Recuva is pretty good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

First things first stop using the drive that you're trying to recovery. Temp files could overwrite the ones you're looking for. Best thing is to take it out and put it in another pc just so you have the best chance possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

See here free program http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/info.htm?language=1 .You need to set the drive as drive d ,slave or put it in a usb case .IF YOU install anything on the drive or use it as drive c boot drive you wipe out the mbr master boot records and prbly the data /photos ,as windows creates temp files constantly .And swap files.Or put it in a pc as drive d/e ,use the jumper to set hd to slave mode.

Advertisement