Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creation

• 03-10-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭

Creation: What a movie! Brought a tear to the eye.

A must see for anyone who visits these boards (Christians too, I think will really enjoy it).

It's a fantastic human story. Shall I elaborate or shall we wait until a few more have seen it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Use spoiler tags if you want to elaborate without ruining it !

Hadn't planned on seeing it myself as it looked a bit hacktastic, judging by the trailers, but it seems to be getting good reviews, so I might give it a gander at some point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Dave! wrote: »
    ...Hadn't planned on seeing it myself as it looked a bit hacktastic, judging by the trailers...

?! It's BBC!

Dave! wrote: »
    Use spoiler tags if you want to elaborate without ruining it !
    Spoilers?
    God created everything in six days and then took a break despite being omni everything. End

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looking forward to seeing it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Great film, very few inaccuracies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I hear it's very heavy on the husband/wife drama, while low on the biopic elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Galvasean wrote: »
    I hear it's very heavy on the husband/wife drama, while low on the biopic elements.

I wouldn't say that, it has a focus on the mans personal life during his late forties, where he was struggling with whether to publish his findings, his illness, the
    death of his daughter
    , struggle with faith and, yes, his marital problems. I was hoping for some more scenes from his days on the Beagle, but the movie was long enough as it was, and the most intense period of his life was surely the years spent writing the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Galvasean wrote: »

It's a brilliant film.
    It's all about the dichotomy of how he and his wife deal with the death of his daughter. He has lost his faith and can't seem to cope she takes comfort in her faith.

At the same time, the relationship is under struggle as their world views are deviatating. However, the love overcomes all these difficulties and wins out in the end.

Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I'm going to see it and the creation of Lying, I mean the invention of lying

Advertisement