Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belly support bands

• 03-10-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Had my first hospital appointmnet on monday, and the midwife taking my history decided to refer me to physio for my chronic back pain. She told me among other things I would most likely be made wear a bellyband.

I'm sick again, so just doing my research before I waist money on useless products!! Has anyone used them and could you tell me the best brand to get? I heard they sell them in mothercare quite cheaply, but I don't really know much about them or how they work. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think that if you are referred to the physio they will give you the support band, although don't quote me on that!

I have been getting pain more in my hips and in my coccyx (bum bone) and also some round ligament pain in my lower abdo as it all stretches. My work has me on my feet for 13 hours a day too so this isn't helping!

I bought a belly support band in Mothercare for about 13 euro which I have found great for the ligament pain. Then when my hips and bum start to hurt I use a rollator support belt which I bought from the physio in the hospital I work in for 50 euro. It was quite expensive but I have found it very good, especially when I have been on my feet for a long time.

I have also started swimming which I have found to really help with all the aches and pains! Mothercare do maternity swimming togs and it means that my gym membership is no longer going to waste!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Thanks cat lady. I was under the impression the Physio would give me the support band, but to be honest I'm in too much pain to bother waiting 2 months for something I could go out and buy tomorrow! I'll have to check it out at mothercare.

I've been meaning to start swimming as well...glad to know it helped you so much! Between headcolds and flu's the pool has been off limits to me. Here's to hoping I'll get down soon!

Advertisement