Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordered a jg g36k, need some advice on setting it up

Options
  • 03-10-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

ok so I bought my jg g36k (with in-built optical sight), I'm wondering what upgrades I should get. what battery should i get for a good r.o.f that will still fit in the g36's battery holder etc. I was also thinking of buying a drum mag (either that or the madbull g36 100 round mag) and one of those foregrips with the pop-out bipod. Are these upgrades advisable? and I'm really confused about the whole battery thin, if an experienced airsofter could help me with this issue I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You can run them on a 9.6 mini no probs. As far as upgrades go, are you talking about opening it up and tuning it or just tarting it up externally?

The first thing i would do is to go at the barrel with the cleaning rod and add a guarder hopup rubber. If your useful with mechanics crack her open, Shim the gearbox, and clean out the grease on the piston head and cylinder aswell as the gears, add some LM grease (from a motor factors) to the gears and after a good clean of the cylinder, give it a coating of silicone oil, aswell as the piston head. This will greatly improve the consistencey of the shots aswell as making her run a little faster and quieter. :)

As far as mags go, Id stick to hicaps or preferably midcaps. those Cmag things are a pain to use over time. their bulky and you might find they misfeed from time to time. their not always able to keep up with the ROF on a decent gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hey man,
    an 8.4V battery should be grand, I'm not sure if a 9.6V will fit in, I've found Firefox batteries to be very good, as are Sanyo batteries. I'm not a huge fan of drum mags, mainly cos they rattle like hell, but if you want one go for it, they are quite large though, a few high caps will get you the same ammo capacity for less, the foregrip bipods are useful, I don't use them though,
    to be honest its about what you want, don't let people tell you "Get midcapz they're win!" and stuff, go with what you're happy with and what you want!
    Gerard.

Edit: Masada beat me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

ElSeano93 wrote: »
    ok so I bought my jg g36k (with in-built optical sight), I'm wondering what upgrades I should get. what battery should i get for a good r.o.f that will still fit in the g36's battery holder etc. I was also thinking of buying a drum mag (either that or the madbull g36 100 round mag) and one of those foregrips with the pop-out bipod. Are these upgrades advisable? and I'm really confused about the whole battery thin, if an experienced airsofter could help me with this issue I would be very grateful.
    It all depends on what you want from your gun.Range,rate of fire,accuracy in the end its your gun your the one who's using it so don't end up spending money on things you don't think youll need or use.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ElSeano93

.22 Lover wrote: »
    It all depends on what you want from your gun.Range,rate of fire,accuracy in the end its your gun your the one who's using it so don't end up spending money on things you don't think youll need or use.

I'd like to be able to fill in the fire support role if needed but also have a good rof and as much accuracy as i can get out of it when it's intended for fire support and with the rifle and as much accuracy as i can get out of the thing without having to spend a lot of money if you know what i mean. the fella i bought it off is upgrading the piston head, bushings and spring guides, so that should be alright. oh and to masada, i'd like to leave the mechanics to people who really know what they're doing, but I would like to get optimal versatility, accuracy and r.o.f without having to butcher the thing.
    Thanks for the help lads, i appreciate it :):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

A precision barrel like mad bull or Prometheus should help on accuracy a new battery and motor will up the ROF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

A Guarder Clear hop will improve both range and accuracy, and they're fairly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Hey man,
    an 8.4V battery should be grand, I'm not sure if a 9.6V will fit in,
    I can tell you from experience that a 9.6V will not fit. Neither me nor the guys in Go Tactical could find room for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 E=McHammer

thanks for all the help lads :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

sliabh wrote: »
    I can tell you from experience that a 9.6V will not fit. Neither me nor the guys in Go Tactical could find room for it.

Duno what kinda of difficulty's you were having but you'll defo get a 9,6 mini cell into a G36., :)

Advertisement