Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permission Required For Converting Garage?

• 03-10-2009 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Ive been trying to find info on this on the internet but to no avail.

I live in a rural area in the Mid-west and am thinking about setting up a small woodworking business. I have an existing Garage beside the house. I am wondering if I need planning permission to convert it into a woodwork workshop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If you are going to be running a business from the garage, a commercial enterprise, then it needs planning permission for change of use from domestic garage to wood working shop.

Planning permission needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 rexel1

Cheers Poor Uncle Tom. I thought as much. Do you know if it is hard got or if it is arelatively hassle free process. The size of the garage will not be changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It all depends on the local situation to you regarding the availability of commercial units, the status of the road to your property, similar type developments around you.

It won't be easy.

Also you will be looking at a Fire Safety Certificate and probably annual rates.

I'm not trying to put you off but I would advise checking out the rental of Units in a town near you, if there are any.

Good Luck.

Advertisement